welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random News Stories of Note
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 691, 692, 693 ... 815, 816, 817  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:


The restaurant has declined to comment about the alleged incident, but customers were more than happy to weigh in.

“I guess in this area, people don’t play about their food,” shrugged Courtney Marable to WREG-TV.

Fellow customer Tonya McGraw admitted the men’s actions were “crazy,” but suggested it could help improve customer service: “Next time they better get them wings right.”


These are absolutely the best reactions to have.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9501

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's two things I keep hearing after the fact on these bombings which make me want to slap people so hard they lose the ability to speak

1. People are claiming that the manhunt's recommendation to stay indoors was "martial law" enforced on the city, and saying, verbatim, that this represents the "largest violation of civil rights in US history"

2. Conspiracy shits claiming this was a false flag attack, like sandy hook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12176
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, luckily enough, able to avoid most of the "BOO ISLAM! ISLAM ENCOURAGES TERRORISTISMS!" crap in my day-to-day life, but for those less fortunate than I it's important to point out that the Tsarnaev brothers were actually extremely radicalized compared to their religious peers who were pro-American moderates. The older brother started going into fits when his mosque wanted to celebrate MLK Jr. Day or when the halal deli offered turkey for Thanksgiving. Virtually every other Muslim they associated with seems to have been no different from the average Christian in terms of extremism or radical tendencies. They were not the product of a religious environment that fostered suicide bombers, they were instead going against the grain in their own community and family lives. It's telling that their new-found zealousness and the direction it took was so starkly opposed to that of the people they had grown up with. Something to keep in mind the next time some dickwad spouts off about how this attack was obviously the result of the Islamic religion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4898
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
2. Conspiracy shits claiming this was a false flag attack, like sandy hook


I think we've reached a point where anything bad that happens in this country will be perceived as a false flag attack by someone. Too many people just plain prefer a narrative that plays the gubbermint as an omniscient and all powerful malevolence that will do anything to further any supposed goal.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bart



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 1572

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the arguments that are used by the conspiracy theorists, it's clear that they're going to see "proof" of government involvement as soon as a family member in the third degree of a government employee is within hearing distance of an incident.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9501

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Sam wrote:
2. Conspiracy shits claiming this was a false flag attack, like sandy hook


I think we've reached a point where anything bad that happens in this country will be perceived as a false flag attack by someone. Too many people just plain prefer a narrative that plays the gubbermint as an omniscient and all powerful malevolence that will do anything to further any supposed goal.


It's just amazing how much ground these false flag people get to cover in such a short time, though. I mean, maybe things will get better once alex jones up and fucking dies when his heart explodes of too much histrionic bad-crazy, but the idea that we got people in the immediate aftermath press conferences going "HI I'M HERE WITH INFOWARS DOT COM OFFICER ANY RESPONSE TO THIS BEING AN ATTACK STAGED BY THE US GOVERNMENT TO COVER .."

it's honestly just ..a rghdg hdgugr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CTrees



Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 3772

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Elsewhere, bananas may no longer be vegan: http://www.takepart.com/article/2012/09/11/could-it-be---non-vegan-banana


As someone with a seafood allergy, let me just say, fuck that.
_________________
“Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation”
yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4189
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:
Sam wrote:
2. Conspiracy shits claiming this was a false flag attack, like sandy hook


I think we've reached a point where anything bad that happens in this country will be perceived as a false flag attack by someone. Too many people just plain prefer a narrative that plays the gubbermint as an omniscient and all powerful malevolence that will do anything to further any supposed goal.


It's just amazing how much ground these false flag people get to cover in such a short time, though. I mean, maybe things will get better once alex jones up and fucking dies when his heart explodes of too much histrionic bad-crazy, but the idea that we got people in the immediate aftermath press conferences going "HI I'M HERE WITH INFOWARS DOT COM OFFICER ANY RESPONSE TO THIS BEING AN ATTACK STAGED BY THE US GOVERNMENT TO COVER .."

it's honestly just ..a rghdg hdgugr

Conspiracy Theories are a mind rot.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12176
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
I mean, maybe things will get better once alex jones up and fucking dies when his heart explodes of too much histrionic bad-crazy...

I think you mean "... once the CIA field tests its new radio-frequency heart detonator on dissident journalists who ask too many inconvenient questions!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Finnegan



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 1080
Location: in that cool mountain air, on an appalachian trail

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why it's relevant that they received welfare benefits in the past. am I missing something?
_________________
Formerly Green_Finn

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3397
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha NASA rovers have accidentally drawn a giant dick on Mars.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/24/nasa_penis_mars/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3397
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhode Island is getting gay married! Just have to wait for the governor to sign the bill (And he said he would.)

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blogs/bostonspirit/2013/04/rhode_island_senate_votes_in_f.html

So now all of New England has marriage equality.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alpha Aim



Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Tha NASA rovers have accidentally drawn a giant dick on Mars.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/24/nasa_penis_mars/

*tilts head* I don't see it...
_________________
Back to my usual spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10360
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Aim wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Tha NASA rovers have accidentally drawn a giant dick on Mars.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/24/nasa_penis_mars/

*tilts head* I don't see it...


_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Alpha Aim



Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for that. I thought the rover got confused (or some NASA employees were fighting over the remote).
Will someone get fired over that I wonder?
_________________
Back to my usual spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 691, 692, 693 ... 815, 816, 817  Next
Page 692 of 817

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group