welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-04-21 Click!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with anyone 100% of the time (see the many long arguments I've had with some of you)... but there's a world of difference between not always agreeing and being irritating.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it a bit strange to judge someone on an error/errors made in the past even if they're trying to do the right thing now (Tat anyone?). For some reason Anita's mistakes get analyzed more thoroughly and then blown up to huge proportions.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the essence of it, as far as I can see. It's like, okay, she wants a respectful dialogue, she goes out of her way to make a video series carefully detailing issues with how media portrays women, she generally seems to be doing a good job of it, with or without hitches.

And most important, she creates relational educational activism. She's making these as a very straightforward explanation of a very extant thing for the benefit of those who can see it, or have a more aware perspective of it, when it gets explained in comprehensive detail. And when we live in a world in which the Bechdel test is still a fucking thing, this is a good resource??

So what's the deal, is it like, is there something else she did that she's notorious for, or are neurotic anti-feminist types just that predictable
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're just that predictable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very impressed by her analysis of the Damsels in Distress critique. She seems very bright.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found anything I dislike about her. I think i didn't agree with some choices in a countdown thing she did (I think it was a list of non-problematic video games), but her explanations are great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: