welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yoga and why I feel Sinfest s telling me to get the hell out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it adorable that someone whose every post here has been to whine about the comic thinks he understands this community.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawberrycocoa wrote:
I can totally understand that I am crashing a party I wasn't invited to in the first place here. I don't think people are being jerks.

And maybe I am being a touch defensive, then and now. Sort of regret posting at all now, really. I just... well I try my best not to be a dickbag but this was a fail I guess. Sorry if I pissed anyone off. :/

Finnegan wrote:
I don't think any of us were actually invited here. don't be concerned whether your first impression was a failure or not, just keep trying your best not to be a dickbag. and as for regretting what you posted, I probably regret half my posts when I run across them a few days later and wondering what the hell I was thinking when I typed that (of course that's only in those instances when I was sober enough to actually remember being online and posting that night).

just for the record we were being jerks but it's not entirely because of you, most of us just are jerks.

Drowemos wrote:
Don't take it personally. You didn't do anything wrong you just posted in a place that is not going to be receptive to this concern. They have been fighting this battle for a long time and have a tendency to lump all critics together. There have been some pretty vile stuff said about the feminist turn in sinfest and you are just being conflated with those early critics. You did nothing wrong but once there was a person who had the same concern who was very rude.

You can kind of see it as weak form of post traumatic response. The guys are have fun and then someone mentions something that brings up bad memories and they instantly switch to howler monkey mode.

And here is the thing I wonder about myself. I know that my presence ruins the party. I know that more people will flip out because I post this message telling you it's not your fault. And I am not a malicious person by nature. I don't want to hurt people.

So why do I come back here? I honestly don't understand this about myself. I guess its because I do want to have a discussion, at it's heart this is something that interests me. I hope like all people to be listened to. But that really can't happen here just like a war veteran can enjoy surprise fireworks the sinfest forum can't have a rational discussion about feminism.

But I am honestly glad I was here this time. Tat doesn't want you to leave hes just not very good a putting a message in his strips. He will get better over time, I hope. Don't confuse over compensation and heavy handedness for malice.

The forum... well they do have malice but that just because they have been hurt in the past. It's not about you it's about them.

hmm... that's funny. we essentially said the same thing and yet somehow I managed to do it without being condescending and insulting. maybe you should try entertaining the possibility that it is you.

edit: damn spelling

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad

Last edited by Finnegan on Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

failing that, Drowemos, maybe you should just leave. because Tat may not be telling Strawberrycocoa to get the hell out, but he certainly is saying it to you

Last edited by ShadowCell on Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
pun

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to add, though, that men, especially men who are huge assholes, should be reading this comic. these are the people who can learn most from these strips, so long as they are willing.
however, if they act on their dickishness and direct it towards marginalized groups and the people in these forums, they are disrupting class and should stand out in the hallway.
you did get off on the wrong foot, strawberry, but you do seem at least a little bit interested in learning. i suggest you read what the more rational members of this forum have to say and ask non-invasive, non-rhetorical questions when you are confused.
maybe you dont belong here, but if you try hard and stay mindful of others, maybe you some day will.
Dro

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a satire?
Finnegan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Are you a satire?

I think she's a pun.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
pun

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
Dro wrote:
Are you a satire?

I think she's a pun.

nope. i just think.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Finnegan wrote:
Rothide wrote:
This may be an unintentional side effect of his Fighting for Feminism, or it could be like Kotaku and using Sexism to get hits. Since I can't read his mind I will never know, I believe he started it as a way to bring feminism into his comic, but after he saw the site visits start to rocket (and thus more add revenue) he will do these comics to keep viewership high.

I don't pretend to know tat but from the impression I've gotten over the past ten years or so (jesus christ! how can it have really been that long?) I find that very unlikely.

Don't forget though, more hits = more revenue, if you stumbled into an abandoned gold mine and gold lined the walls, and it was easily accessible from your house, I don't think you'd just walk away from that and forget about it.

unless you had something like artistic integrity that you weren't willing to compromise for a little extra cash. I mean it's not like tat could actually care about the patriarchal discrimination of women.

Has anyone but me read the essay linked to on the front page of Sinfest? Sounds like integrity is something Tat is working hard on.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
Dro wrote:
Are you a satire?

I think she's a pun.

A pune? Or a play on words?
mouse

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pun (no 'e' in english) is a play on words. or a play with words. word-play. (most plays i guess are done with words).

what is a pune?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drowemos wrote:
Strawberrycocoa wrote:
I can totally understand that I am crashing a party I wasn't invited to in the first place here. I don't think people are being jerks.

And maybe I am being a touch defensive, then and now. Sort of regret posting at all now, really. I just... well I try my best not to be a dickbag but this was a fail I guess. Sorry if I pissed anyone off. :/

Don't take it personally. You didn't do anything wrong you just posted in a place that is not going to be receptive to this concern. They have been fighting this battle for a long time and have a tendency to lump all critics together. There have been some pretty vile stuff said about the feminist turn in sinfest and you are just being conflated with those early critics. You did nothing wrong but once there was a person who had the same concern who was very rude.

You can kind of see it as weak form of post traumatic response. The guys are have fun and then someone mentions something that brings up bad memories and they instantly switch to howler monkey mode.

And here is the thing I wonder about myself. I know that my presence ruins the party. I know that more people will flip out because I post this message telling you it's not your fault. And I am not a malicious person by nature. I don't want to hurt people.

So why do I come back here? I honestly don't understand this about myself. I guess its because I do want to have a discussion, at it's heart this is something that interests me. I hope like all people to be listened to. But that really can't happen here just like a war veteran can enjoy surprise fireworks the sinfest forum can't have a rational discussion about feminism.

But I am honestly glad I was here this time. Tat doesn't want you to leave hes just not very good a putting a message in his strips. He will get better over time, I hope. Don't confuse over compensation and heavy handedness for malice.

The forum... well they do have malice but that just because they have been hurt in the past. It's not about you it's about them.

If I have malice to others here it's because dickbags like yourself haven't gone out to lie down in front of a speeding semi on the freeway yet and continue to waddle your way in here fedora in hand and continue snivelling about the comic as though anyone here gives two squirts of piss about whatever "insights" might dribble out from your fingertips to leave an awkward stain on the sofa that is this forum. The fact that you are STILL here is further proof that there is no god.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dohohohoooleee shit, man.

My screen is leaking venom. I think it's melting my keyboard.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did the internet manage to ruin fedoras anyways? it's Indiana Jones' hat for christ's sake, how do you make that not cool?
Rune

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
a pun (no 'e' in english) is a play on words. or a play with words. word-play. (most plays i guess are done with words).

what is a pune?

You must go forth and familiarize yourself with Terry Pratchett. Like, right now. Go! Go and do it! Your world will be better for it.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalmBlueSea wrote:
Dohohohoooleee shit, man.

My screen is leaking venom. I think it's melting my keyboard.

yeah, Monkey Mcdermott is the most venomous species of Sinfester. there is no antivenom available. no, you can't cut the wound open and suck the poison out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: