welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Movie Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 339, 340, 341 ... 347, 348, 349  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Is The Place
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldeneye.

Holy shit, the Daniel Craig Bond movies made me forget just how terrible the Brosnan movies were.

Wolverine Origins...

On the one hand, it actually gave Sabertooth some character, Ryan Reynolds is a fantastic Deadpool, and it had Gambit. On the other hand, it totally wasted Deadpool, and the special effects were inexplicably, amazingly bad.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
it totally wasted Deadpool,

Let's take this character who is a snarky ass hole and remove his ability to speak.
TIAB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the long list of poor choices that movie made, that probably ranks as number 1. At least the top three.

I'm excited for the next film in spite of all of that.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a couple days, my only lasting impression from the movie is "how the hell were the effects that bad?"

Also: I would like the think the next movie will angle to get Wolverine into Avengers 2, but the chances of that are about nil.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
After a couple days, my only lasting impression from the movie is "how the hell were the effects that bad?"

Also: I would like the think the next movie will angle to get Wolverine into Avengers 2, but the chances of that are about nil.

Well, X-men did square off against Silver Surfer, and There's the whole Thanos thing from Avengers, so I'm guessing the tie-in would come somewhere in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TIAB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox holds the movie rights to X-men and a few related properties. Avengers and related titles are done in house with Disney/Marvel. It would take a cross licensing agreement between the two for something like that to happen, or for Fox to stop making X-men related movies long enough for their agreement to lapse. That's why Sony rebooted Spidey so soon. Given how successful Avengers was, a cross-licensing agreement is probably starting to look a bit more attractive to Fox...
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I've read online the more likely cross-over will be spiderman's. the oscorp tower from amazing spiderman was supposed to appear in avengers but sony hadn't completed its design work in time for that to happen. they have announced that little crossover easter eggs like that will appear in both franchises and supposedly informal talks have taken place for a character appearance. I don't know if the amazing spiderman's under-performance at the box office and with critics and fans makes this actually happening more or less likely.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django Unchained was a fun movie, up until Tarantino cast himself in the most immersion shattering way, as usual.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Django Unchained was a fun movie, up until Tarantino cast himself in the most immersion shattering way, as usual.

I haven't seen it, but it can't be as weird/goddamn creepy as his self-casting in Dusk-Till-Dawn. Especially the, uh, scene where...

Yeah you probably know what I'm talking about.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally watched Les Miserables with hubby this weekend. I have never read it or watched it in any form. I had no clue to the plot prior other than it was something to do with the French. I generally liked it and I liked the characters. I dunno...I just didn't leave it feeling in awe of its awesomeness.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
Of the long list of poor choices that movie made, that probably ranks as number 1. At least the top three.

I'm excited for the next film in spite of all of that.

Wade Wilson has about 6 minutes of screen time. About 4.5 minutes of which are him being kickass or smart-mouthed. The movie had lots of problems, but fan service was the least of them. Or perhaps the most.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add, in a huffy disparaging tone, 'nerds'.

*Snort followed by dismissive head toss*
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather enjoyed Oblivion - though I think it would have been better in the comic book form. But good stuff. You can totally wait until BluRay though - I don't think it would lose anything on a smaller screen.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Goldeneye.

Holy shit, the Daniel Craig Bond movies made me forget just how terrible the Brosnan movies were.

I can't stand Daniel Craig's Bond movies. I don't think it's really his fault, but the script writers, to me, made Bond into a thuggish hitman rather than a suave and sophisticated secret agent.

Also Jaws was best Bond villain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 339, 340, 341 ... 347, 348, 349  Next
Page 340 of 349

Jump to: