welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The No Complaints About Feminist Sinfest Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She told Seymour that's her name. Previously, the forum was wavering between Cobalt and...Indigo, I think.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khan wrote:
http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/47724463171/inspired-by-anita-sarkeesians-video-game-tropes

That looks like a better game... replacing, not switching, link and Zelda, so that Zelda is the PC.

I've never been all that into video games (mostly because they aggravate my migraines) but I've always loved the zelda series. this is a pretty sweet idea and I would be totally into this though I have to admit that switching link and zelda's roles really hasn't occurred to me before. I have, however, been a longtime proponent of a game in which link is a woman or at least one that provides the option to choose to play link as either a man or a woman. link's always been designed with a rather blank personality so that the player can more easily project themselves onto him so there's really no reason he couldn't be a she (not to mention that he is an entirely different person in nearly every game). I always thought it would be cool to have a strong female character rescue the princess for a change but having her rescue the prince is pretty appealing too. as much as I like the idea though (and and the premise of that game in general) I can't really see nintendo doing it out of fear of alienating fans. having the choice to play a male or female link I can totally see happening in the near future though.

edit: oops, somehow I missed that this was a proposed comic and not a video game. kinda makes the majority of my post pretty irrelevant. I've never been a huge fan of aaron diaz, not dresden codex so much as the guy himself, and I don't know if I entirely trust him to tell a story in the zelda universe (i.e. he can't resist but to include clockwork automatons) but I can't deny I like his artistic style and would could still totally get behind this project.

stripeypants wrote:
I'm poking through old strips, was looking this one over.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4373

I can't remember the name the forums gave this devil girl - but at the top it mentions she has debt. So I wonder if she and at least some of the other devil girls get into debt with Devil Corps, and then go to work for them to pay it off.

I can't claim to know very much about how the stripping industry works, but isn't this how things are in the real world too? with the the strippers, despite being the ones who actually earned the money, being screwed over by the predominately male management taking a large cut of the profit?

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is they rent the space and get screwed over, but I don't know if it is common for strippers to get into debt with the strip club. I've read that shady bordellos in Nevada will do that kind of scam.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some classy men folk talking abiut drink hustles. The comments are so beautiful.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=17638

And this blog post is about aclass actin suit by strippers against a strip club:

http://licensetopimp.wordpress.com/2011/06/21/settlement-for-strippers-ca-nv-tx-ky-fl-id/

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
My understanding is they rent the space and get screwed over, but I don't know if it is common for strippers to get into debt with the strip club. I've read that shady bordellos in Nevada will do that kind of scam.

i wondered if it wasn't sort of a "company store" sort of thing - you gotta buy what you need (the outfits?) from the company, and they charge way too much, so you end up in debt, and then you have interest on the debt so you have more debt, and on and on until you die.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if devil girls are or become immortal, then they could be in debt forever - or maybe just get shuffled into the fire pits when they give up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: