Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1180, 1181, 1182 ... 1235, 1236, 1237  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finnegan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a weird fucking night... at least I think I did. I don't actually remember any of it. I know better than to take ambien. I've tried acid a few times, 'shrooms a fair bit, and even did that whole cough medicine thing in high school. none of those have ever made me hallucinate as badly as when I've taken ambien though. I recently told my doctor that I wanted to stop taking ativan to treat my insomnia (I'm just trying to stay away from anything with addictive properties these days) so she gave me a few lunesta to take on occasion when the insomnia is really bad. I took my first one last night at 12:30ish after being in bed wide awake for almost two hours. I put on one of those youtube science documentaries I like to listen to while I'm trying to sleep and that's the last thing I remember. I was woken up around 6:30ish by (who I assume was) the store manager of a grocery store roughly 3-5 miles from where I live tapping on my car window asking if I was alright and telling me I had to move my car as it was parked in the fire lane in front of the store.
I guess I won't be taking that stuff again.
I just looked it up online and apparently "sleep-driving" is a common side effect. first of all, that might have been good to know before I took it and secondly, how is this stuff legal if it causes people to blank out and go drive around?

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, Finn. That would freak me out, I'm glad you're okay!
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
I had a weird fucking night... at least I think I did. I don't actually remember any of it. I know better than to take ambien. I've tried acid a few times, 'shrooms a fair bit, and even did that whole cough medicine thing in high school. none of those have ever made me hallucinate as badly as when I've taken ambien though. I recently told my doctor that I wanted to stop taking ativan to treat my insomnia (I'm just trying to stay away from anything with addictive properties these days) so she gave me a few lunesta to take on occasion when the insomnia is really bad. I took my first one last night at 12:30ish after being in bed wide awake for almost two hours. I put on one of those youtube science documentaries I like to listen to while I'm trying to sleep and that's the last thing I remember. I was woken up around 6:30ish by (who I assume was) the store manager of a grocery store roughly 3-5 miles from where I live tapping on my car window asking if I was alright and telling me I had to move my car as it was parked in the fire lane in front of the store.
I guess I won't be taking that stuff again.
I just looked it up online and apparently "sleep-driving" is a common side effect. first of all, that might have been good to know before I took it and secondly, how is this stuff legal if it causes people to blank out and go drive around?

Oh god you met the Ambient Walrus.

Glad you're alright, though, that's damn freaky.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Finnegan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder what the legal implications are. If you drink or get high or whatever, your judgement may be impaired but you know the risk of driving a car in that state and it's an intentional act. I had gone to bed and woke up wearing just shorts and a bandana, the same clothes I went to bed in. no shoes, wallet, cell phone, etc. so it's clear to me that I decided to go for a drive and just didn't remember it because of the medicine. would you get a DUI for that? I assume so as you are putting everyone around you at risk but it doesn't seem like they are really responsible somehow.

Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finn - can you use the powder shampoo? It isn't a shower but better than nothing.

Far less important: I'm pissy today. No good reason for it but pissy nonetheless.

Finnegan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never actually heard of powder shampoo but I'll look it up. I'm just not allowed to get my head wet due to the electrical leads and I have to be careful about messing with the incision sites where they were inserted but I'll check to see if a waterless shampoo would be okay. My only two concerns are if it will in some way irritate the incision sites and that there is no way it will be able to clean my nasty ass hair (though I think it feels a lot worse to me than it appears to anyone else).

DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a group project due today in lab. We were working on a zNTa knock out, that due to time and equipment failure we couldn't finish, not our fault, so the report is on the portion we got completed with an outline of the expected results. Nothing fancy.

We spent all last class piecing together the separate pieces, except for one girl. she was busy "studying" for the final because "A b in this class isn't acceptable, you all can handle the project I need to study." How about no.

She did turn in her portion, the introduction that looks like it was written in 5 minutes. So, that had to be redone. When I can see glaring grammatical errors you know something is wrong.

And finally, the program we've been using to simulate PCR is not acknowledging a resistance to kandamycin. I emailed the professor about it, but no response yet. Everything I have checked and double checked say it should be there, it just won't correctly label it on the program.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate group projects. In my five years at college I've had exactly one good experience with them, and it was actually a partnership and the woman was equal to me in perfectionism. Also our writing styles were eerily similar, so after I edited our two halves together she couldn't tell where my part ended and hers began. Every other experience was an unmitigated disaster that required the kicking of ass of someone in the group who didn't care about the grade.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to manually insert the KanR into the program, but I got it working in a somewhat convincing manner. Scientifically accurate? no. But close enough for a mock diagram, yes.

We should be good to turn it in today, but still. Grr!

Also, study girl isn't able to make it to the meet up before class. didn't even bother an excuse.
Jinx

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the group projects I had in graduate school included a post-project evaluation of your project teammates. Each person basically got to rate the input provided by the other members of the project team. I'm not sure how effective it actually was in determining the grade each person got on the project. One professor did say that whatever grade he would assign to the group would be weighted for each student by the average grade assigned to that student by the rest of the team.

I didn't love group projects, but the participation level was generally good. That may be a factor of it being graduate work. The capstone class for the program was actually entirely a group project.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Master in my martial arts system in Missouri (except maybe one) has left the system. The Masters in town are thinking about shutting the doors and/or passing the whole school to someone else.

I don't have a lot of information but people I really respect have left. Heck, my instructors were to test for 6th degree next month and now they won't because they have left the system. This is crazy. I was really hoping to have martial arts there to get back into slowly as part of rehab but everything is in flux. I don't like this.

Yinello

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's everyone's angry at Yinello because she's fucking irresponsible day!

- So I forgot to show up for an online D&D meeting with friends, one that I suggested in the first place

- And because I am the DM, it had to be cancelled (I only found out half an hour too late that I had to be there, despite putting it in my freaking agenda which I really should check in the goddamn weekends)

- So I wasted their time and surprisingly only 1 of them is openly angry at me while the others are prolly trying to be nice

- It isn't the first time that I forgot something with them, nor the second, third or fourth etc. I'm seriously a horrible scatterbrain and it's starting to bite me in the face

- I apologized a lot but I'm always scared I don't sound sincere - and they'd still have all the right to be mad at me

- Apparantly I also promised my parents to visit but I really don't have time today so I had to cancel them as well

- I feel guilty as shit

- My partner is out to France for the week so I have no irl support for my current anxieties (fuck you anxieties - I'm just human in the end and I have work and I'm busy and my friends will always be there no matter what shit I throw at them and I know this but you still make my stomach twist and turn)

- I am wasting my time on the internet trying to make myself feel less shitty and I really have a LOT to do around the house so I'm wasting my time horribly

- All of this wouldn't have been a problem if I would actually check my goddamn agenda in the weekend because I KNOW that every sunday we have D&D at irregular hours

- fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: I feel better so it's not an actual horror. I really should post these in the other threads. xP

Last edited by Yinello on Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
TIAB

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-My wife is having a rough day
-It is based on a situation that has never been within my control, but she holds me responsible
-After leaving her to herself for a while, she comes out and asks me how to make it right.
-I give her the most sympathetic, effective advice that I have ever used for getting through my toughest times, "Start by letting it go."
-"Fuck off you cruel asshole! I hope you burn in hell."

That went well.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That... That sounds pretty fucking rough.
Azmoten

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a day off in weeks. My last two days off were spent either in bed sick or having my teeth drilled. My birthday is on Wednesday...and to celebrate, I am working. I work 60+ hours a week, and I'm still nearly broke all the time. I worked from 5pm-330 am last night then went to work 11am-2pm today and I have work again 4pm-10pm, then tomorrow morning at 8:30am-noon, and again from 5pm-1am tomorrow (I have two jobs, just to clarify). I have very few friends and most of them have given up on seeing me because I am always working. And I can't really bitch about it cause it's mostly my own damn fault that I'm in this situation and have these debts and bills to pay.

Life is haaaaaaaaaaard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1180, 1181, 1182 ... 1235, 1236, 1237  Next
Page 1181 of 1237

Jump to: