welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12 May 2013 - Wound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cats in Your House wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
I'll have to do some digging in the archives; can't recall when Dragon suffered that injury.

Grim stuck his scythe in Dragon.

Cripes, that was over a year ago. No wonder I'd forgotten it.
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tekii wrote:
Another member ♥ Does she have a fan-name?
I wanna call her Mercy!
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tekii wrote:
Another member ♥ Does she have a fan-name?
I wanna call her Mercy!
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELL YEAH EASTERN DRAGON
many people's wishes were granted Very Happy

I kinda await the time when he will talk. Although I'm guessing it's not that simple with him bleeding for a year and all, but I somewhat forgot how cool a guy he was.
Arthain

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hydra is right in what Tat is trying to portray. That dragon is a Chinese dragon so the first thought should be about China.

And just to let you know, the ground pollution is so bad in China that the government has reclassified all studies on soil and water to classified to keep it out of the hands of the people.

That's how bad things are over there right now. Air Pollution is another huge thing, and that huge pipe pouring refuse into rivers, it actually happens in China. That exact scene could very well be lifted up from a photo, actually I see that here in Canada too now that I think about it. There's a chemical plant near my birthplace that just dumps all their waste into Lake Ontario through a pipe.

Of course this comic could be used to describe a great many different nations, but China would be my first guess as to what it's referring to due to the fact that the lake that's being contaminated is the home of the Chinese dragon.

---

Do I sense the start of a love story? ^_^ That would be so cool, there's like no romance in Sinfest, would be nice if there was something, even if it was between Dragon and Random Chick Number 5.
Vancore

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I said I'd 'jump out the window of my two story apartment in a flying rage' if Tat ever told me "Stop Polluting" as it would "Ruin Sinfest forever". Then Leohan said "Tat did it before" or some such nonsense I don't know I was lost in a haze of hate so I'm not sure if I remember it too correctly. Anyway, looking out the window I realized how much I love my legs, and that the window was so perfect I couldn't really find the urge to burst through it. I'm not sure, I think my littering days are done, for now...

I'm pretty sure Jessica Christ was walking on the dragon just under the water, not the water.
Geareye

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to ask if we have someone who writes in tv-tropes among us. Because I checked sinfest's page today and the Dragon's sub-page was updated and showed today's interaction of the sisterhood with him...which was rather quick, concerning the striphas only been up for one day, although to be fair, I'm not familiar with tv-tropes' usual speed.
merest

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. As usual. The contrast of green against red is particularly striking.

As to the content, I've never been very comfortable with Mr. Ishida's valorisation of the Asiatic dragon. Or the Buddha, for that matter. They are the wisest and least flawed of the supernatural cast, which seems unjust, as these are as man-made ideals as Jesus, the Devil, and God.

If the Dragon here represents the Chinese waterways (conflating a set of religious ideologies with nationalism!), how does that Sister heal that reptile? Surely, as an American citizen, she is powerless to do anything in China.

On the other hand, would be a flawed metaphor to have the Dragon represent American rivers, since culturally imprecise.

So, personally, I award this strip high marks for form and representation, but middling marks for meaning.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asym wrote:
Looks kind of like the Jessica Christ puppet.

And walks on water.
You seem very correct to me!

Jessica Christ!

(I wonder if she still wants to kill all men...)

Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off let me say, WOOT Return of the Dragon!

Second this is about the third time we've seen Big Sis/Gaia/Mercy, whatever we end up calling her, she was one of the workers in the 'Friend Zone' Reconstruction Sunday Comic. She was also in the last panel/picture of Grandma's Day Sunday Comic giving Bunny Ears to Little Sister.

Third, I'm happy to see ANYBODY with an environmental protection agenda, it used to be 'Nique's thing or one of her major traits that has fallen by the wayside with the other things she's come to contend with. So Tat bequeathing the role to someone else was pretty awesome in my opinion, so the fact that he chose one of the Sisterhood or anybody for that matter is a petty thing to complain about in the face of the fact that it's nice to see him speaking out against it again. In short positive messages are good regardless of if you have issues with who is making them.

And finally, I don't know if this is meant to be a representation of China's pollution of it's rivers and country, as many have stated, Dragon was wounded by Death previously, so it may have nothing to do with the larger scheme of things. However if there is a message here, it's that the damage has been done, but if one stops to give a damn about it, you just might be able to help.
Valerie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asym wrote:
Looks kind of like the Jessica Christ puppet.

And walks on water.

Oh my God, she does walk on water. o_o I didn't notice that before.

Unless the dragon was just slightly under the top of the water. She might have been walking on him, I guess.

But walking on water is way cooler, and she looks awesome, so she is now Jessica to me.

Chat About
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's not walking on water Razz She's walking on what she think is shallow water and it turns out it was the body of the dragon.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reader1 wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
I think he got it in this comic, from the toxic waste. My interpretation is that nature has been hurt, which is being represented by Dragon.

Also, this is just cool!

death gave him the wound while chasing storytime... its been a while

Cool. Do you (Or does anyone) have a link?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Reader1 wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
I think he got it in this comic, from the toxic waste. My interpretation is that nature has been hurt, which is being represented by Dragon.

Also, this is just cool!

death gave him the wound while chasing storytime... its been a while

Cool. Do you (Or does anyone) have a link?

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4205

Which reminds me, I wonder what Storytime has been up to.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merest wrote:
They are the wisest and least flawed of the supernatural cast, which seems unjust, as these are as man-made ideals as Jesus, the Devil, and God.

Of course, not all of us believe that any/all of the above are man-made ideals, and I don't know whether Tat believes that way either. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: