welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1181, 1182, 1183 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this is still a thing, more tl;dr ranting

i think i finally figured out what my sister's problem is. she is so self-absorbed that i almost imagine life from her perspective to be solipsistic. she broke up with her boyfriend and spent the month of March with guys fighting over her, and as a result her ego has swelled up to such proportions that scientists can track its position by measuring the gravitational distortions it has on nearby celestial objects. she keeps the car for days-long stretches; it's a 17-year-old van that badly needs maintenance and is also starting to look (and smell) like a homeless shelter, but we can never even see it anymore because she's always out with it, gets home at 4:30 in the morning, and then leaves again before anyone can stop her.

as far as i'm concerned, she could be a self-centered asshole all she wants, if not for the fact that she still lives here and she treats the rest of us like shit. she constantly insists on bringing her boyfriend over, but gives us an hour or two's notice to tidy things up around the house, and would certainly never dream of helping do so herself. she takes the van out for days on end, never really tells anyone where she is or when/if she's coming back, and then gets all pissy when anyone else tells her to alter her plans so we can fix the car or go to the grocery store or a doctor's appointment or whatever. she throws tantrums and lays guilt trips and blame and crying jags whenever we don't drop everything we're doing to accommodate her. she graduates college in a couple weeks and she still hasn't done any of the logistical stuff for it, getting her cap and gown, her portrait, any of that. i got my class ring in the mail this weekend even though i don't graduate until June, and i know the instant she lays eyes on it, she'll blame my parents for not loving her enough or something--even though they told her they were willing to pay for a ring for her too and they had to hound her just to find out when she's fucking graduating. the only way to communicate with her is by text message. if anything happens that involves any of us and does not immediately and completely conform to her will in its entirety, she'll go out of her way to wreck your day with passive-aggressive, hurtful comments.

she's graduating at the top of her class and wants to go to grad school for primatology or anthropology or something. i can only imagine that's going to be a brutal experience for her, because there is nothing in the world so lowly and humble as a TA. but for all i know that means she'll just drop out after the first year and who knows what will happen to her then.

and she turns 22 in a few weeks! aaaaargh.

tl;dr my sister sucks, is it too late to trade her for a couple of draft picks or something?
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, that sounds hard to live with, Shadow Cell. =\ Sorry you gotta deal with that.

I just dropped a bunch of money on flowers for my mom to arrive a day late because I'm just awesome like that, ugh. Only right after I did that I find out she's gunna be out of town that day. Dad's gunna send her a picture I guess. Mother's Day fail all around. I'm lucky she's as holiday casual as I am.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent the last two hours trying to make sweet and sour sauce, as well as consuming far too much ketchup-type substance in my attempt to fix it.

I have concluded that no one who writes sweet and sour sauce recipes on the internet knows what they are talking about. (Or I started with way too much tomato paste, but it can't be me.)

Sad I hope the rest of food turns out alright, because right now everything seems gross.

Also, making vinegar ketchup-type substances is a bad plan after painting, because it has made the apartment smell of vinegar and paint.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um so my roommates and i hung out with some people last week (all of whom only my friend J knew through a guy D) and i spent a lot of time talking to this one guy (though we were all out in a group)...anyway so this guy tells D that he wants to hang out with A and get to know her better, A being my other roommate. he never really talked to her while we were out, so i'm kind of conflicted, because either a) he got our names mixed up, or b) he finds someone he never talked to more interesting than me (and damnit i'm interesting if you're into x-men and magic cards which hang on i'm actually pretty sure i found the reason why he would want to talk to the other one haha)

so in the case of a) that's nice but awk since J already told A that he wants to see her again, but in the case of b) that works out better overall but is kind of an ego blow.

so yeah. also i have a giant derm test tomorrow and i don't know anything except it turns out there are tons of gross shit that can go wrong with your skin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my kids putt-putt golfing. The local course, which I have never been to until now, was bad in a "it STILL bothers me the next day" way. How can you mess up making a putt-putt course? The whole point is that there are safe but slow ways to get to the hole, versus risky ways that if you make it, will plop your ball near or in the whole.
But this course sticks a narrow ramp in a place where it sends the ball away from the hole, a tunnel in a stump that goes to the same place if you miss the tunnel, a ramp with a difficult hole in the middle that moves the ball farther from the hole than the big chasm at the top of the ramp. And then the perimeter is rough rock, making it impossible to bank shots with any planning.
Anyway, a blot against humanity.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that must be the putt-putt course Tiger Woods started on
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm freaking out now. Took my final last night in class and everything went ok. I got hung up in two places, but to be fair it was on the part of the experiment I didn't get to in class. Not a big deal.

However, the group project bombed. I have no idea what happened. I haven't seen how it was graded, what was wrong with it. I can only hope that was an error. If not, I might be in a lot of trouble.

I mean, shit I wasn't expecting a 100% on it or anything, but holy crap. It's almost like we didn't turn it in at all.
sporko

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no, ded! hopefully it's just an error or like, a placeholder grade and the professor plans on inputting the rest of the data later... can you meet with them otherwise to discuss? Sad

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so.

Gonna give the professor a call later and see what's up with it.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let us know - that sounds really awful. If you all worked on it and turned something in, you should get some credit - unless the prof is grading on a really nasty curve.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
(and damnit i'm interesting if you're into x-men and magic cards which hang on i'm actually pretty sure i found the reason why he would want to talk to the other one haha)

That guy sounds like a chode, magic and x-men-4-lyf!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, minor horror, a friend of mine on UCLA's football team may miss the season with a hip injury.

last fall we were in some classes together, and i have a lot of respect for him, because i know a bunch of football players just blow off the academics; instead, he took some of the hardest courses in the philosophy department and did well, in the middle of a football season where the Bruins for a while seemed like Rose Bowl contenders.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
sporko wrote:
(and damnit i'm interesting if you're into x-men and magic cards which hang on i'm actually pretty sure i found the reason why he would want to talk to the other one haha)

That guy sounds like a chode, magic and x-men-4-lyf!

Agreed.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh to Magic (no hatin, just my preference) but X-Men? Yeah, I got that covered.

It's okay, come over with us. Chris thinks you are cute and everything! And we have so many comics to share!

Okay... I might be a little drunk (hi italian wine!) but the offer stands.

DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
I hope so.

Gonna give the professor a call later and see what's up with it.

I couldn't get a hold of him at his office so I shot him an email.

He sent one back saying it was clearly a mistake as he hasn't graded the projects yet. He actually has no idea why the score showed up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1181, 1182, 1183 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next
Page 1182 of 1256

Jump to: