welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-05-19: Destitute
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diagram12345

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phox wrote:
Sigh, Poor Hades and Persephone if only Cerberus were there to help, i do feel bad for them both here she is now sick in winter and homeless thanks to the Molotov stone statue club and hades is enjoying the "Good life" as his reborn self the devil and likely was mis informed by his guard with "Some bitch and her kid looking for a hand out and a place to stay." The thing that makes me kinda smirt about this all is that while the devil has all this stuff he can enjoy he is still tortured by this moment in his life true connection with his estranged (i will presume dead) wife and son is fairly impossible at this point with out breaking.. well his personal image.

In short as has been said even the ruler of hell is tormented.

I thought the Devil didn't hear the call because of the loud music and talking, not that he actively turned down Lil'E and mom after knowing that they were at the door.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Devilman

That is all
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and so she's gonna die and E will have to live inside her corpse?

like with a tauntaun
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013-05-19: Destitute Reply with quote

diagram12345 wrote:
I thought the Devil didn't hear the call because of the loud music and talking, not that he actively turned down Lil'E and mom after knowing that they were at the door.

Such was my impression, too.

So, any guesses on how much Li'l E aged between the events of today's strip and his Very First Appearance?

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=912

Because that would, among other things, give us a general timeframe for how long ago Fuchsia and Baby Blue hit the big time by graduating from the Devil Club to a gig at Stately Devil Manor.

I wonder what Legion did to get busted back to the devil club...
sunember123

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he did boot his boss's wife and kid out into the cold night. The strip club is more of a blessing for him, really.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shading on that (one would presume) homemade Wanted poster that her neighbors put up to encourage people to harass them. If mom and tot were officially genuine fugitives, The Devil would, one might think, know about that and be at least mildly interested. Such details would of course be much more easily conveyed in a strip with dialogue but, well, you know. Still, if Tat's going to (IMHO) waste our time with this (IMHO) crap, he could at least make the maximum effort to be clear about things. Oh well.

There. I've established that I don't much care for the Li'l E/Mom D'E flashback sequences (although in this case, seeing Baby Blue and Fuchsia is a little cool). Please feel free to notice how much I subsequently don't feel a need to endlessly reiterate my feelings on that. Wink Thank you.
blackbooks

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the tagging, I think we can definitively call this woman Lilith because that of Lilith is an ancient story of feminism. The forumites have probably been over this before, but Lilith as Adam's first wife refused to lay beneath him during sex so she was ousted from the garden and all of her babies killed (so the legend goes that she is the cause of infant death as revenge). She also hooks up with Samael later on, who is identified with Satan.
The mythology surrounding D-man's old family appears to be strictly Judaic/Talmudic. Cerberus is a red herring.

(The ties to feminism make this definitive for me because of Tat's obsession. Just to finish clarifying my thought there.)
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gatekeeper called to see what he should do, so I would presume he talked to D. He mighthave talked to someone like Blue (since she appears to be busy.)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who wants to know, the woman depicted in these comics is supposed to be Lilith. Lilith is supposedly Adam's first wife before Eve. However, since she was disobedient and refused to be known as the lesser sex, she was banished. She supposedly started fraternizing with demons after that, so I'm guessing that's how she had Big D's baby.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why she went on to found the Sisterhood and is now known as Nana
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer she not be Nana. There is way too much "Let's make all the female characters connected and the same somehow!" going on.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not serious about her being Nana. I am serious about her having founding or helping found the Sisterhood.

As to Legion, I presume he was demoted for turning away Lady In White but probably doesn't know that's the reason. D-Man doesn't advertyise his relationship to Lil E.

Where in canon has Lil E's mother been referred to as Lilith? That may be fan theory but I don't recall it being confirmed anywhere by Tats.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is tagged as Lilith in the archives.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Where in canon has Lil E's mother been referred to as Lilith? That may be fan theory but I don't recall it being confirmed anywhere by Tats.

Strips in which she has been appeared in are tagged as Lilith, but she has never been referred to such in the actual strips. But based on the fact there is no dialog in strips where she appear in, and Tat isn't often interested in featuring the names of new seemingly-nameless characters in the actual strips, we don't really have much else to go on.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Sad

So disappointed in D-man right now.

She left him and took his kid out of some inflated sense of humanitarianism (or... angelitarianism?).

Now she realizes how the real world works and comes crawling back, and he's supposed to welcome her with open arms?

That train has left the station. Forgiveness is for the weak.

This is also why he sits around in the current chronology watching his kid but never doing anything to approach him. He stands for strength and unyielding convictions, for pride and ego. No matter how much he might want to reunite with his own child, that would mean abandoning his principles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: