welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-05-19: Destitute
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Hahahaha NERD! (she says affectionately and after recognizing exactly what this is within the first line)

stripeypants wrote:
And the whole point was to point out flaws in other people's arguments.

*SNORT* Well hey at least now we know why you fit in so well.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, 100% of the Satanists I've met in my life have been perfectly nice people, a much higher percentage than that of the Christians I've met in my life.

Of course, AFAIK I've only met one Satanist, but nevertheless.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think that may be! I'm gkad I didn't get here till much later, though.

I've met nice satanists face to face. I've met some nice ones online, as well as coming across some creepsters. I find there is a lot of similarity to the pagan community, except skewing more towards the type of people who believe they are werewolves.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
FWIW, 100% of the Satanists I've met in my life have been perfectly nice people, a much higher percentage than that of the Christians I've met in my life.

Of course, AFAIK I've only met one Satanist, but nevertheless.

I have also only met one, and she seems perfectly fine. She doesn't bother anyone or victim-blame, at least. She also doesn't have some weird-ass idea of what parents are supposed to do. I'm pretty sure basically everyone except the mentally ill would agree that parents are supposed to feed/clothe/house their children until they can fend for themselves.

Hell, I know drug addicts who will agree to at least that much.

Chat About
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Yes, I think that may be! I'm gkad I didn't get here till much later, though.

Yeah? I think I found this place when I needed it.

(Oh nostalgia. I'm totally remembering how I drew portraits of forum members to try and bribe people into liking me. Good lord I was such a kid when I joined up.)
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww...

I dunno what I would have done. Tried to seem funny and emotionally well-balanced, and then having many, many, many tears.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Master wrote:

Feeding, clothing and protecting isn't what parenting is about. A proper parent gives their child skills, wisdom and strength.

"Daddy, I'm hungry and scared and cold..."

"Tough shit, little Billy. Today I'm going to teach you how to roller-skate..."

Of course skills and wisdom are important. But basic human needs come first. Thing is, I think you know that. So I'm going to put away Maslow's Hierarchy of Need and conclude that you're simply a tool, trying to be provocative.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, okay, Shadow Master is awful, but he's really taken away focus from the fact that merest is a FABULOUS WANKER. What a fucking cartoon character! Ahahaha!
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Shadow Master wrote:
Feeding, clothing and protecting isn't what parenting is about. A proper parent gives their child skills, wisdom and strength. He tried to do that with his son, but it didn't work because of Lilith's influence.

HE DID NOT TRY TO GIVE HIS SON ANY OF THOSE THINGS???

HE EXPECTED HIS SON TO BE ABLE TO DO THINGS HE IS PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE OF, AND TO BE JUST LIKE HIM. HE AT NEVER POINT IN TIME TRIED TO GIVE HIS SON ANY WISDOM, ANY STRENGTH, OR ANY SKILLS. WHEN HE DISCOVERED HIS SON WAS PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE OF PRODUCING FIRE FROM HIS FINGERTIPS, HE WALKED THE FUCK AWAY IN DISAPPOINTMENT. HE DID NOT TRY TO TEACH HIM ANYTHING. HE JUST SET THE BAR OF EXPECTATIONS FAR TOO HIGH FOR A GODDAMN TODDLER AND DID NOTHING WHEN THEY COULD NOT BE REACHED.

AGAIN.

HE WAS A NEGLECTFUL, DEADBEAT FATHER.

WHAT SHE DID WAS JUSTIFIED, BECAUSE THAT IS FUCKING HARMFUL TO A CHILD. IT'S A HARMFUL, NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT THAT WILL NOT DO ANY CHILD GOOD. IT WILL HURT THEM AND TEAR THEM DOWN, AND IT'S FUCKING ABUSE. IT'S NOT PHYSICAL, SURE, BUT IT'S JUST AS BAD.

IF ANYONE WAS TRYING TO GIVE THEIR CHILD WISDOM, SKILLS OR STRENGTH, IT WAS LI'l EVIL'S MOTHER. SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR STUPID-ASS VICTIM BLAMING AND D-MAN SYMPATHY BULLSHIT, BECAUSE IT WILL NOT FUCKING WORK. HIS MOTHER TAUGHT HIM KINDNESS. SHE IS LIKELY THE REASON WHY, EVEN WHEN HE WOULD GO ON ABOUT HATRED AND NOT HELPING OTHERS, HE'D SLIP UP AND SHOW KINDNESS. HE'D THINK KIND, CARING THOUGHTS. SHE TAUGHT HIM TO APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF LIFE. SHE TRIED TO TEACH HIM TO ACCEPT HIMSELF. SHE PROVIDED FOR HIM AND CARED FOR HIM IN WAYS D-MAN NEVER HAS. SHE WAS THERE FOR HIM AND ACTUALLY FUCKING CARED ABOUT HIS WELL-BEING 24/7.

you seem, uh, quite considerably and fervently emotionally invested in this comic, to a point where it's kind of surreal

be forewarned that this makes you easy to trollbait, which shadow master may well just be doing. he is literally playing devil's advocate in a way which is difficult to take seriously
Sam

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satanism is pretty much bar none the most masturbatory and ridiculous form of rational egoism. The actual philosophy as written by LaVey is an incoherent, teleological mess that wanders back and forth between (1) praising itself for being rationally anti-spiritual, and (2) being full of spiritual and mystical rituals. Oh! It's also full of pseudopsychological and sexist garbage in trying to explain people's mentality and motives.

but for the curious i give you satanism's rules

Quote:
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in anotherís home, show them respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm young children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Miss M's devotion to the comic. It gives often a nice insight to what I missed and hey, some trolls are fun to yell at.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Hahaha, okay, Shadow Master is awful, but he's really taken away focus from the fact that merest is a FABULOUS WANKER. What a fucking cartoon character! Ahahaha!

Whew. I was starting to think I was the only one who saw that.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Satanism is pretty much bar none the most masturbatory and ridiculous form of rational egoism. The actual philosophy as written by LaVey is an incoherent, teleological mess that wanders back and forth between (1) praising itself for being rationally anti-spiritual, and (2) being full of spiritual and mystical rituals. Oh! It's also full of pseudopsychological and sexist garbage in trying to explain people's mentality and motives.

Quote:
Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Sounds pretty cool to me except number five which comes across as weird. "Mating signal"? What the frack is that supposed to be?
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

Quote:
Sounds pretty cool to me except number five which comes across as weird. "Mating signal"? What the frack is that supposed to be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: