Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1703, 1704, 1705  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry in the front, Marwyn "the General" in the back.

Henry is a little heartbroken he doesn't get 100% attention though.

Also, yes I know Hen needs his nails trimmed.
Him

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Finally got myself a sofa. Cheap too. Just carried it into the apartment. I deserve a beer, thankfully I have duvel and leffe in the fridge. Also the new QOTSA album is sounding great. I managed to cut through some bureaucratic screw ups and finally have some disposable income, getting some 18k SEK (that would be 2695.74 in U.S dollars) retroactively this week. Hence the sofa and the beer. I should probably invest in a new laptop too, this one is like 7 years old after all.

Just checked my account. will be 22k in there in two days. God damn. Almost double what I've had in my account. Ever.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:

Henry is a little heartbroken he doesn't get 100% attention though.

aww - you can see how sad he is in the picture.

but there are two of you - one for each dog. it's not like you guys have anything else to do besides making a fuss over the dogs, right?

the general looks happy to be with you, though. are they playing together? once that starts, i'm sure henry will be happier with his new housemate.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Him wrote:
Finally got myself a sofa. Cheap too. Just carried it into the apartment. I deserve a beer, thankfully I have duvel and leffe in the fridge. Also the new QOTSA album is sounding great. I managed to cut through some bureaucratic screw ups and finally have some disposable income, getting some 18k SEK (that would be 2695.74 in U.S dollars) retroactively this week. Hence the sofa and the beer. I should probably invest in a new laptop too, this one is like 7 years old after all.

Just checked my account. will be 22k in there in two days. God damn. Almost double what I've had in my account. Ever.

So, this?

Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Also the new QOTSA album is sounding great.

Sweet tits of the Virgin, yes. Also, always to get a wack of cash at once.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox Raucus wrote:
Him wrote:
Also the new QOTSA album is sounding great.

Sweet tits of the Virgin, yes. Also, always to get a wack of cash at once.

Jesus, this made me realize I haven't listened to QOTSA since Lullabies to Paralyze, which I really liked.

New album seems decent. Different than what I remember, but not a bad change by any stretch.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there ended up being two additional procedures to get my peripheral nerve stimulator permanently implanted and up and running. mostly they had just decided to add a few additional leads of electrodes to cover more nerve pathways, so it took a little longer than originally planned. it's all finished now, and while I can't say that it has eliminated my chronic pain completely. it has improved more significantly than I was allowing myself to hope for... bottom line: it doesn't seem like I am ever going to be pain free but my level of functioning is better than it has been in five years or so, and with additional physical conditioning, it should be improving even more in the near future.

now that I have electrodes running across the back and top of my skull and along my temple; all of which are connected to a remote radio-controlled unit in my chest, I kinda want to go crazy sometime and absolutely flip out and rant about how aliens have implanted me with a mind control device and see what kind of reactions I get when the x-rays show a web of electrodes covering most of my head.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad

Last edited by Finnegan on Wed May 22, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
are they playing together? once that starts, i'm sure henry will be happier with his new housemate.

There are still some aggression issues with the General. They play but he will go after Henry eventually and that takes us back to square one.

It's getting better.

Until bed time.

Then it's every little noise sets them off barking and running.
sporko

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new crushes.

also...men in uniform? i'd never been super excited about seeing my exhusband in his naval uniform, but whooooo...forgotten that boys look good in blue fatigues.

yeah.

helloooooo there.

giggle.

PS i'm apparently a cougar :/

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
there ended up being two additional procedures to get my peripheral nerve stimulator permanently implanted and up and running. mostly they had just decided to add a few additional leads of electrodes to cover more never pathways, so it took a little longer than originally planned. it's all finished now, and while I can't say that it has eliminated my chronic pain completely. it has improved more significantly than I was allowing myself to hope for.. bottom line: it doesn't seem like I am ever going to be pain free but my level of functioning is better tan it has been in five years or so and, with additional physical conditioning, it should be improving even more in the near future.

now that I have electrodes running across the back and top of my skull and along my temple; all of which are connected to a remote radio-controlled unit in my chest, I kinda wan to go crazy sometime and absolutely flip out and rant about how aliens have implanted me with a mind control device and see what kind of reactions I get when the x-rays show a web of electrodes covering most of my head.

Reading stuff like this makes me just want to shout "FUCK YEAH, SCIENCE!" and fist pump. I'm really glad it's helping you!

It always boggles my mind when I think about just how far we've come with regards to neuroscience in the last 20-30 years. Damn, what're the NEXT two decades going to look like?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
TIAB

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those paying attention: bus driver lady and I have been texting each other regularly since her schedule changed.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
For those paying attention: bus driver lady and I have been texting each other regularly since her schedule changed.

Bus Girl 2.0
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pups are getting along better, still not great.

This gonna sound odd, but the thing I miss the most is the Henry doesn't smell the same right now. He usually smells like bread (others describe it as a corn chippy smell), but lately he just smells like a dog. It's not a bad smell, it's just not the Henry smell.

But still... progress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1703, 1704, 1705  Next
Page 1660 of 1705

Jump to: