welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1183, 1184, 1185 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, I'm sorry Yorick. That sounds like a lot of shit.

I feel you on the useless advice. My sister is always giving me advice, even on things I clearly don't need advice about (like how to buy clothes online). I've snapped at her to the point where she stopped talking to me for weeks, but it doesn't ever change.

Anyway, good luck man. I hope something good happens for you soon.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jees Yorick man. Maybe we can team up & fight crime together or something.

Or commit crime, IDK. Whichever is most profitable.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked with the overtly religious coworker just now.

-Told her the concern was appreciated.
-Said it was kind of inappropriate because I'm not a Christian, and the message itself didn't really apply.
-Mentioned that it was kind of risky to do that at work as well.

She put on a good face but it was clear that she felt hurt by my reaction. She said she felt that she had to do something to help before cutting me off saying, "We'll talk about this later."

Joy.

This isn't really a horror anymore, but I started talking about it here.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sorry you're having such a shitty time, Yorick.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today walking to work I was involved in something of a non-physical altercation near the safeway. Some tweaker was ...I guess manhandling is the right word, his girlfriend? Wife? I don't know she was crying, the cops showed up.... ugly scene.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sorry you're having such a rough time, yorick - especially missing the convention, sounds like you really need to have a good time at something. i hope something else comes up soon. maybe at least your stress levels will be a little lower, if you don't have to deal with your sister-in-law.

and hang in their, tiab. hopefully she will talk to you some later, and you can make it clear that you didn't mean to be hurtful, just giving her a bit of a heads-up. she may not have much experience with people saying "thanks, but no thanks" when she tries to spread the Good Word.
TIAB

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My job ends in two weeks.
I've been looking for a permanent job since January... 2011.

I really wouldn't mind having less things to post in this thread.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just woke from one of those night terror/sleep paralysis things where i see a spider. I don't have aachnophobia, though I have always worried about them being in blankets or landingon me and getting squished in the night.

It used to be I saw one on the ceiling and was afraid it woud fall on my head - probably a leftover fear from boocamp, since soeone had a brown recluse land on their face. Anyway, apparently I used to wake my artner shouting nonsnse about "I can't figure out if it is coming or going!"

Sometimes the spider would be really cool. One was this elegant blue metalic spider my brain invented from my headphones. It was doing a pretty dance. A good dream, but I still woke up as if from a nightmare.

And this time, the spider didn't look like a spider. It was more like a long kinky green string with knots in it crossed with a lightning bolt than a spider. The knots were like feet being used to climb the wall. It was nt a huge dwal, but I woke up really concerned and upset.

So I just had a nightmare about string in which nothing bad happened. I prefer the time Uncle Sam (Not the one from Sinfest) sat next to me and was made of white chocolate. But now I feel better so I think I can sleep.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is job review day.

Today a customer told me in front of my boss that I didn't answer her call (why did you call my mobile? how the hell did you get that number anyway?) and even though it's such a small thing I'm going crazy tense.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, Yinello. If anyone brings it up though, I'd be like "Yeah I don't answer my mobile at work" because that's generally good form and it'd be a pretty shitty thing to do to hold it against you. I mean most jobs have rules against having your personal phone out.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
That sucks, Yinello. If anyone brings it up though, I'd be like "Yeah I don't answer my mobile at work" because that's generally good form and it'd be a pretty shitty thing to do to hold it against you. I mean most jobs have rules against having your personal phone out.

He didn't hold it against me thankfully. :3 He even said it was dumb of her to expect me to always check my phone. xD So I guess it's not a real horror.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job reviews are tense anyway, with or without customer weirdness to add to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Everyone,

I miss you guys. Sad

Yorick needs some big hugs.

Gary needs some big hugs too.

Everyone needs big hugs.

**big hugs for everyone**

I am an idiot. I really wish one of these times I would learn my lesson for good and stop doing the same thing over and over and over again. Makes my life so miserable each time.

In the meantime my job can't make up their mind about when my end date will be here. I still haven't finished updating my resume because they keep changing it.

I found a small thingamajig/mass/thing on the outside of my cat on his tummy which means I have to take him into the vets to make sure. That'll be pricey.

I was sick for four days straight and am only now starting to feel better.

And I hate men.

So about the usual for me.

Hope everyone has some better luck soon. Smile

Love,
Jen
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Many hugs for Trusted!*
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh, so this is still a thing and so is this, tl;dr time

so my sister has a new boyfriend. he's a cool guy and we all like him; he lives in a ghetto, and he used to be mixed up with alcohol and drugs, and his brother is in prison for gang activity; now he's sobered up and he runs programs for at-risk youth to keep them from winding up like his brother. we like him and we hope he'll be a good influence on her.

so. my sister graduated last weekend. Monday, she took off with our van. our van is almost nineteen years old and it badly needs maintenance, to the point where when (if) we take it the mechanics might well tell us the thing is just beyond salvation. she spends all day and all night down in the shithole part of Santa Ana, in a van that's almost as old as she is, which won't even stay locked anymore and could up and die at any moment, stranding her on the set of The Shield. she says she'll come home on Monday night. instead she stays the night at a friend's house. she says she'll come home during Tuesday; instead she says her boyfriend is sick and she has to take care of him, and she doesn't come home. she says she'll come home during Wednesday; instead she says she has a migraine (and she actually does get migraines--maybe because she never fucking sleeps), and her boyfriend calls my mom to ask what hospital or urgent care clinic or whatever will take our insurance. mom lets him know that we are not happy with her staying out with our car for days on end and making us worry about her.

around 8:30 last night she gets home and the confrontation begins. voices get raised and accusations fly and nobody is happy. at some point mom says that the reason we're chewing her out is that we love her and we're worried about her, because she's taking a piece of shit old car that could die at any moment into the ghetto and staying there for days on end. whereupon sister just freaks the fuck out for a good twenty minutes, sobbing and screaming and hyperventilating and banging her head on the table and beating herself on the head, until i have to hold her back and just get her to breathe and calm down before she actually hurts herself.

during all this, her boyfriend calls, and she accidentally hits the call button and answers it, so he hears her freaking out. since part of his upbringing involved domestic abuse, he calls the cops. they leave without arresting anyone, and my sister leaves with her boyfriend. at this point it's past midnight, i have to wake up and go to school in four hours, and i just go crash; mom spends another two hours ranting and screaming about it. my sister gets home sometime after i go to bed and mom tears into her again, and i have no idea when the hell it all ended, and i'm all strung out on caffeine right now so i don't even know what the fuck is going on now.

because of her own upbringing, mom is convinced that the whole freaking out display was a calculated act of manipulation because she couldn't handle being confronted over her shitty behavior. she says otherwise, but i think she even suspects that the cops showing up was part of the plan; it made her even more pissed off than she was to start with. i don't know if my sister was just putting on a show. it was really over the top, but all mom does is transfer her aggression and resentment of the way she was treated onto my sister. and sure, she deserves to take shit for her oblivious, selfish behavior. but then she told my father that the reason she stays away from home so much is that she's not happy here and she feels like she never has a relationship with the rest of us. well, of course she doesn't, she's never here, and when she is here she just stays in her room on Skype until 6am. but that still takes two.

and over and over again mom repeats that dad and i can't understand what this is like for her, because we didn't have to grow up in a manipulative hellhole of a childhood. and, well, okay, we don't have it as bad as she did. but, really, she plays the same game that my grandmother and aunt play. she may play it at single-A while they play in the big leagues, but it's the same game. and yet nobody can confront her about that, because if they did then all hell would break loose and the cops might actually have a disturbance on their hands. so it's two dysfunctional, stubborn people manipulating each other into feeling terrible and then feeling completely victimized. if this wasn't my family it would be the cast of a fucking sitcom and we would all sit here and laugh at these horrible dysfunctional insane people being horrible and dysfunctional and insane and someone would win an Emmy. hell, one of the reasons my parents like Arrested Development so much is that the Bluths are an awful lot like my family. and one of the reasons why i stopped watching that show is that, well, the Bluths are an awful lot like my family. and Buster might be funny when he's an actor giving people weird shoulder massages, but he's not very funny at all when he's actually your sister and you're trying to keep her from splitting her head open on the fucking coffee table.

neither of them will ever consent to therapy or professional intervention or whatever. we offered that to my sister, but because of her age, she has to take the steps of making appointments and such herself; she never did. my mother would never agree to it, because in her mind it's all my sister's fault, it's just another iteration of my grandmother and aunt. the only solution here i can think of is that my sister moves out, at which point we'll probably never hear from her again. i can't even bring up any of this shit to either of them without getting sent on a guilt trip like no other, and then i'd be the villain and i'd be the target of all this bullshit, and i guess that might get my mom and my sister to stop fighting and hating each other, but uniting in hatred of me is not really what i had in mind.

i guess for me personally, the best solution is for me to move out. except that's one less person to help mom around the house (since my sister won't do that) and it would leave my dad alone in the middle of all this shit. i have to move out soon anyway, simply because i have to start meeting women and working and being a real adult and having sex and looking after myself and shit and i just can't do that while i live with my parents, and i can't go on feeling like a stunted manchild all the time. but i don't want to leave dad alone with all this--especially if my sister isn't going anywhere. when i leave this family, i want to leave it in some semblance of stability, so i don't have to worry that the next time i see them, it'll be in the police blotter.

this is why i'm not having kids; i don't know if there's some genetic source of batshit fucking insane on my mother's side of the family or what, but i'm not taking chances. is every family like this or what?

so now i'm stuck and i don't know what to do. it's two dysfunctional people constantly at loggerheads, and dysfunctional in such a way that they'll never see it and never do anything about it, until either my sister moves out or my mom just up and dies or i don't know what. they're toxic people and the only thing you can really do with toxic people is cut them out of your life. but i have so little family as it is.

tl;dr my family sucks and i suck and everything sucks /goes back to livejournal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1183, 1184, 1185 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1184 of 1254

Jump to: