welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinfester Traveling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Are you near enough to be one of the Canadians that has almost killed me by driving like a big bag of dicks on I5? If so we should also meet, at least once. I'll buy you a beer at Boundary Bay. Very Happy

Well, the fact I can't legally drink in Canada for another 2 months and can't drink in WA state for another 2 years could be a problem. Laughing

I have a feeling this revelation will come as somewhat of a surprise, maybe.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you're the first person ever to drink before you're legal? No biggy. If you find yourself in Bellingham in the next three weeks, shoot me a PM. I'll buy you lunch and you can watch me drink a beer.

But you have to bring me some off-brand Robax. That shit is the bomb.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
That you're the first person ever to drink before you're legal? No biggy. If you find yourself in Bellingham in the next three weeks, shoot me a PM. I'll buy you lunch and you can watch me drink a beer.

Fuck, I had a pack with me just recently of the Walmart-brand Robax extra strength, I was taking it to help with some muscle soreness from an old accident. I didn't realize it wasn't available OTC in the USA.

Also, the relevation that I'm pretty young compared to a fair few people on the forums. Makes me feel like a kid Laughing

Hahaha, will do if I find myself on the southern side of the border.

edit: As I posted this, a bridge on the I5 collapsed. Perhaps it's an omen.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It collapsed over an hour ago... Kind of terrifying, though. I've driven over that bridge countless times. I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to have a bridge collapse under your car and drop you in a river. I might even know some of those people...
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

If you find yourself going to Bellingham, shoot me a PM and we can drive down together. And then you can watch both of us drink, and you can drive me home.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a brilliant plan!
Jinx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're looking a making a trip to Ireland and England in late May, possibly into early June of 2016.

Any suggestions from UK 'Festers on things to see that we might not know about, being ignorant Americans?
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if you want to risk england right now - sounds like they are throwing out laws left, right and center. who knows what newly-legitimized behavior you might be subject to?

on the other hand, should you acquire a suit of armor (or i guess, armour) over there, you could at least wear it to parliament....
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinx wrote:
We're looking a making a trip to Ireland and England in late May, possibly into early June of 2016.

Any suggestions from UK 'Festers on things to see that we might not know about, being ignorant Americans?

Hey Jinx,

I can't speak for London - it's where we keep all the history and also all the knife-crime and over charging - but I can recommend visiting either the Peak District or the Lake District (poetry country). Also, personally, I'm up in the Scottish Highlands beside Loch Tay, helping at a tourist resort. It's more beautiful than anything else you'll see, and also if you do visit, PM me and I'll buy you and your family dinner & whiskey.

Srsly.
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been kicking around Alicante (east coast of Spain) for nearly a week now, and I've noticed something that warms my British heart.

They hate the French. Or they appear to, anyway. I've now visited two restaurants by the marina that had their menus displayed in Spanish and English. Both also stated, on their menus, in English: menu available in French.

My hotel, such as it is, also has signs up in Spanish, English, and French. You know the kinda thing: No Fumar, etc.

Only today they added an extra sign in every bathroom, exclusively in French, asking that residents clean up after themselves.

I haven't even heard a Frenchman here. God bless you Spain.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, napoleon's been dead for like 200 years. you guys really need to get over all that.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
dude, napoleon's been dead for like 200 years. you guys really need to get over all that.

I'm just really insecure about the way I pronounce the word 'croissant'.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a perverse kinda way I love living in central Europe right now. I'm right by Ayuntamiento in Alicante (basically, the town square), and I've seen some shady shit even in my building. However, right now, the police have just stopped two people carriers about twenty feet from my hotel, and about fifteen feet from the entrance to the town hall. I heard them coming, and was going down for a cigarette anyway, so I watched them:

Drag a bunch of men from each car and throw them into a holding vehicle. And then use what I can only presume were those useless bomb-wands to search each vehicle. And then use those selfie-sticks with a mirror to look under each vehicle. They've found nothing, so far as I can see, but it's still terrifyingly fun.

Basically, Europe now is like Texas, only no-one is driving a Dodge Charger coated in the Blue & Yellow Stars of the EU.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, "Come to Europe, it's were the history is & get's blown up!"

*edit: Of course, I can only be so callously insensitive because I don't actually believe anyone: ISIS, ETA, IRA etc is actually trying to blow up Alicante ... but still, it's callously insensitive of me to poke fun*

*edit2: aw shit, they just towed the vehicles away. No 'splosions!*
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading past entries, and remember about Jinx' brother. What is going on with that?

Click here to see my artwork!
Click here to check out my Tweets!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: