welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-05-22: Thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17036
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Display that talking seriously with you is not going to be a complete waste of time


you display this by showing that you actually understand what other people are saying, and have given it some thought.

actually, for you, just demonstrate that you actually understand other people's points.

saying "ok, fine then, i'll agree with whatever you say" is just childish, and not the same thing at all.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3118
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APOLOGIZE, SHOW WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED TO DEMONSTRATE THAT ANY CONVERSATION AT ALL WITH YOU WOULD NOT BE A WASTE OF TIME.

CURRENTLY IT APPEARS YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF LEARNING.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3118
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
I'm sorry then, I get pissed off and angry and then I don't think straight. I don't have any clue how I can make sure 2 is kept but I'll try. And I'll try to not let other peoples comments get under my skin. If that's not good enough then I'll bugger off. I'll probably comment still but you can all make fun of it or whatever.



YOU'RE LIKE A CHILD WHO WANTS TO PLAY GUNS WITH THE OTHER KIDS, BUT WHEN THEY RIGHTFULLY SAY, "I GOT YOU!", YOU INVENT SOME TORTURED STORY ABOUT HOW "NO, YOU DIDN'T SHOOT ME BECAUSE A SPACE ALIEN I AM FRIENDS WITH SHOT DOWN FROM THE SKY AND SHOT YOU FIRST, SO I WIN."

THERE WAS AN EPISODE OF FAT ALBERT ABOUT THAT.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3118
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone want to pretend to be Rothide so we can show him via roleplay what talking with him is like?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17036
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would offer, but i think i'm finally recovering from my sinus infection and my brain has started functioning again.

you should have asked on monday. on monday i could barely manage to remember what direction i was going.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3118
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOH...HERE'S ANOTHER METAPHOR:

YOU'RE LIKE SOMEONE AT A WELL WHO KEEPS TELLING OTHER WELL-USERS THEY NEED TO HELP YOU FILL YOUR BUCKET - EXCEPT YOU ARE USING A STRAINER RATHER THAN A BUCKET.

OTHER PEOPLE TRY TO TELL YOU, "YOU SHOULD TRY SOMETHING WITHOUT HOLES IN IT."

YOU THROW A TANTRUM BECAUSE NO ONE WILL HELP YOU USE YOUR STRAINER TO GET WATER, AND HOW THEY JUST DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T COME FROM A CULTURE OF BUCKET THROWERS. AND FOR SOME REASON NO ONE KNOWS, YOU WON'T ACCEPT A GIFT OF A DRINK.

EVENTUALLY PEOPLE STOP BOTHERING BECAUSE YOU WON'T TAKE THE HELP PEOPLE HAVE GENEROUSLY OFFERED, AND NO ATTEMPT TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT A STRAINER HAS HOLES AND IS THEREFORE SOMETHING THAT CAN'T HOLD WATER WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.

SO YOU JUST SIT WITH YOUR STRAINER SHOUTING, "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE THAT I AM THIRSTY! YOU'RE ALL MEAN, HORRIBLE BUCKET USERS WHO DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO ARE DIFFERENT!"

AND THEN YOU DIE OF THIRST WHEN THERE WAS PLENTY OF WATER AND MANY PEOPLE TRIED TO HELP YOU. NO ONE FEELS GUILTY BECAUSE THEY TRIED EVERYTHING THEY COULD AND YOU WERE A FRUSTRATING PART OF TRIPS TO THE WATER WELLL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1017

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripey has been going above and beyond in the realms of the metaphoric, lately. The soup may prove to be a tough act to follow, though.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
OOOH...HERE'S ANOTHER METAPHOR:

YOU'RE LIKE SOMEONE AT A WELL WHO KEEPS TELLING OTHER WELL-USERS THEY NEED TO HELP YOU FILL YOUR BUCKET - EXCEPT YOU ARE USING A STRAINER RATHER THAN A BUCKET.

OTHER PEOPLE TRY TO TELL YOU, "YOU SHOULD TRY SOMETHING WITHOUT HOLES IN IT."

YOU THROW A TANTRUM BECAUSE NO ONE WILL HELP YOU USE YOUR STRAINER TO GET WATER, AND HOW THEY JUST DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T COME FROM A CULTURE OF BUCKET THROWERS. AND FOR SOME REASON NO ONE KNOWS, YOU WON'T ACCEPT A GIFT OF A DRINK.

EVENTUALLY PEOPLE STOP BOTHERING BECAUSE YOU WON'T TAKE THE HELP PEOPLE HAVE GENEROUSLY OFFERED, AND NO ATTEMPT TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT A STRAINER HAS HOLES AND IS THEREFORE SOMETHING THAT CAN'T HOLD WATER WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.

SO YOU JUST SIT WITH YOUR STRAINER SHOUTING, "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE THAT I AM THIRSTY! YOU'RE ALL MEAN, HORRIBLE BUCKET USERS WHO DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO ARE DIFFERENT!"

AND THEN YOU DIE OF THIRST WHEN THERE WAS PLENTY OF WATER AND MANY PEOPLE TRIED TO HELP YOU. NO ONE FEELS GUILTY BECAUSE THEY TRIED EVERYTHING THEY COULD AND YOU WERE A FRUSTRATING PART OF TRIPS TO THE WATER WELLL.


Maybe I don't like feminist websites and don't use them as accurate portrayal of men because they come from FEMINIST WEBSITES.

Just because website after website after website says something is true doesn't make it TRUE. Yet because feminist woman after feminist man says one thing repeatedly, aka GROUP THINK, you want me to see it as credible.

Website after Website after Website says that feminism is just an excuse to practice Mysandry. I can show links from MRA authors, from MRA groups, from everyone. Do you find any of that data could be held as true in a response to the compalints on men brought by Feminism.

I'm sorry I don't believe in the Patriarchy, I'm Sorry I believe Misandry is real. I'm SORRY I DONT SHARE YOUR VIEWS. The Jezebell girl gives a good speech about what feminist don't want men to be shown as, but she doesn't cover the 3 things here that I brought up.

What does feminist have to say about women raping men?
What does feminists have to say about women beating and abusing men?
What does feminists have to say about women Murdering men?

You say its wrong till the cows come home. But just saying that Misandry can't happen because women don't have power is BULLSHIT.

When a woman rapes a man against his will, how does he still have power?
When a woman beats a man in his own home, how does he still have power?
When a woman KILLS a man, How does the dead man STILL HAVE POWER.

And I think the title of the damn article sums it up best.

If we can agree hating men is a thing, will you stop turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy? From what I get from that title, is "We hate you because you bring it on yourself.

What did the teenager do that brought on women raping him?
What did the man do that brought on a woman abusing him?
What did the man do that brought on his ex KILLING him?

Answer me that.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6020
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see the mask is coming off
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there is shit like this...

http://feministcurrent.com/6942/but-what-about-the-men-on-masculinity-and-mass-shootings/

Apparantly, it's not because these men are nuts that these shootings happen, but because we show killing as a way men become masculine. I would object that its usually the KILLING OF THE EVIL GUYS that our movies and other shows show masculinity. Not people going to the movies, or school, or court.

Edit: And hey this came from a Feminist website so it MUST be true!
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jezebel.com/5509717/domestic-violence-are-women-as-abusive-as-men

Do women abuse just as much as men?

"Well terminology is that women more often scratch and slap, rather than mans choke and hit. But really why are we wasting resources researching this? This is just MRA trying to get a victory, feminists don't need to worry. Its a crime either way, but not really important to feminism"

Yeah great... glad to see she sees male abuse can be written off.

Again a feminist website, so these views must be held sacred.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gibson22



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 301

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
And then there is shit like this...

http://feministcurrent.com/6942/but-what-about-the-men-on-masculinity-and-mass-shootings/

Apparantly, it's not because these men are nuts that these shootings happen, but because we show killing as a way men become masculine. I would object that its usually the KILLING OF THE EVIL GUYS that our movies and other shows show masculinity. Not people going to the movies, or school, or court.

Edit: And hey this came from a Feminist website so it MUST be true!


I've been reading Eric Hoffer quite a bit lately. I'll probably be back later to address it in a bit since I really need to get going, but he mentions a few things that apply:

"There is a tendency to judge a race, a nation or any distinct group by its least worthy members. Though manifestly unfair, the tendency has some justification. For the character and the destiny of a group are often determined by its inferior elements."

"The practical organization offers opportunities for self-advancement, and its appeal is mainly to self-interest. On the other hand, a mass movement, particularly in its active, revivalist phase, appeals not to those intent on bolstering and advancing a cherished self. A mass movement attracts and holds a following not because it can satisfy the desire for self-advancement, but because it can satisfy the passion for self-renunciation." -Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer"

A bit of this can apply to both sides of the argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tekii



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 184

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
http://jezebel.com/5509717/domestic-violence-are-women-as-abusive-as-men

Do women abuse just as much as men?

"Well terminology is that women more often scratch and slap, rather than mans choke and hit. But really why are we wasting resources researching this? This is just MRA trying to get a victory, feminists don't need to worry. Its a crime either way, but not really important to feminism"

Yeah great... glad to see she sees male abuse can be written off.

Again a feminist website, so these views must be held sacred.


Did you actually read the whole article? Particularly the end of it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
Rothide wrote:
And then there is shit like this...

http://feministcurrent.com/6942/but-what-about-the-men-on-masculinity-and-mass-shootings/

Apparantly, it's not because these men are nuts that these shootings happen, but because we show killing as a way men become masculine. I would object that its usually the KILLING OF THE EVIL GUYS that our movies and other shows show masculinity. Not people going to the movies, or school, or court.

Edit: And hey this came from a Feminist website so it MUST be true!


I've been reading Eric Hoffer quite a bit lately. I'll probably be back later to address it in a bit since I really need to get going, but he mentions a few things that apply:

"There is a tendency to judge a race, a nation or any distinct group by its least worthy members. Though manifestly unfair, the tendency has some justification. For the character and the destiny of a group are often determined by its inferior elements."

"The practical organization offers opportunities for self-advancement, and its appeal is mainly to self-interest. On the other hand, a mass movement, particularly in its active, revivalist phase, appeals not to those intent on bolstering and advancing a cherished self. A mass movement attracts and holds a following not because it can satisfy the desire for self-advancement, but because it can satisfy the passion for self-renunciation." -Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer"

A bit of this can apply to both sides of the argument.


I agree totally with this. That person there is on the fringe, but I was using it more as a point that I was expected to just supposed to accept a feminist website as fact and a denouncement of my idea just because it came from the feminist websites.

I believe the feminists are doing the same thing, seeing the old white men in the oligarchy and then saying that because its old white men, it must be a patriarchy.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3118
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYBE I DON'T LIKE YOUR FACE, YON GREAT BUTTHEAD ROTHIDE.

YOU CAN CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, BUT YOU'LL BE NOTHING MORE THAN THE LONELY FRUSTRATED CHILD THROWING MASHED POTATOES AT THE WALL WHILE THE ADULTS SIT AT THE BIG TABLE AND HAVE CIVILIZED CONVERSATION.

WHEN YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU CAN HAVE MANNERS AND NOT THROW GRAVY IN GRANDMA'S FACE, YOU CAN SIT AT THE BIG PEOPLE TABLE AND TALK ABOUT CIVILIZED THINGS.

MANNERS FIRST, QUANTUM PHYSICS SECOND.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group