Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-05-31: Misogyny
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's really aware of the illuminati drones. He's not in his normal state of mind; the strip indicates that he is currently under the influence of media brainwashing.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think this strip would make more sense if Slick was in devil form. This seems to imply that Sleaze is actually Slick, or taking over - because this is behavior similar to Sleaze's "Why must you judge me?".

But with this being NORMAL Slick, being similar to the behavior of DEVIL Slick, and him saying he is an ally of equality (male ally), while next day clearly praising misogyny - I just don't know what's going on in his head anymore. Does he even know what he is doing?
Yes, I know he is under the effect of "brain washing", but he's still his normal self. Does this mean his normal self also praises misogyny...?

I don't get this anymore.
But he's lucky he didn't meet up with Xanthe this time. That would have been awkward.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his normal self doesn't completely understand the concept of misogyny, or how the things he does can be misogynistic, and never really took the time to sit down and think about what makes him misogynistic or to analyze the internalized sexism in society and media and how it effects his line of thinking. he mostly says that he's a male ally because while he doesn't get what makes him sexist, he knows that others don't like it. and he doesn't like that. he wants nique and xanthe's approval - so he tries to convince the both of them that he's on their sides. but he isn't really, because he doesn't really get it and he's not really bothering to change his line of thinking or unlearn his harmful or sexist behaviors. he doesn't do it because he consciously hates women, he doesn't do it to be malicious or hurt anyone. he'd never want to hurt anyone. but at the same time, he is ignorant, and willfully so, and that's what perpetuating this behavior.

meanwhile his devil self is actively malicious and almost kind of seems to completely understand in what ways he's being misogynistic - he just really doesn't give a fuck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
he'd never want to hurt anyone. but at the same time, he is ignorant, and willfully so, and that's what perpetuating this behavior.

Is it a surprise that he wants to be ignorant?

Side note: If I wasn't quite fond of the current one, the third panel there would be my new avatar.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
[...]

I'm glad you're around to explain the behavior of the characters, that pretty much puts all the puzzle pieces into their proper places Very Happy

Thanks for the explanation! Smile
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
he'd never want to hurt anyone. but at the same time, he is ignorant, and willfully so, and that's what perpetuating this behavior.

Side note: If I wasn't quite fond of the current one, the third panel there would be my new avatar.

Are all men a living paradox like this?
That sounds like a painful life.
Never soft,never solid.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikewee777 wrote:
Leohan wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

Are all men a living paradox like this?
That sounds like a painful life.
Never soft,never solid.

Generalizations are never correct.
TheRiver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
Generalizations are never correct.

I see what you did there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: