welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-04: Something I Really Want
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: 2013-06-04: Something I Really Want Reply with quote

dude Seymour the Internet's got ya covered
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how not pushy Absinthe is. Also, I wonder who will fulfill that request.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope she does. it'll be a really adorable fic
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe with stick figure fanart.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since its not Feminism I guess I can comment on this, if he wants what he was trying to write, that's not Fan Fiction, that's Lemons.
Cactuar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Since its not Feminism I guess I can comment on this, if he wants what he was trying to write, that's not Fan Fiction, that's Lemons.

Lemon/Lime is just a categorization for fanfic.

Also it's really not widely used anymore at all. You're giving me serious nostalgia here. Ahh, High School. Those were the days.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be judgmental here and say you're all weird. Weird, weird, weird. Fanfic is weird, and you are also weird.

Now I'm going to go back to the other thread and talk about fleshlights and dragon penises.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Maybe with stick figure fanart.

If I wasn't comfortably buried in cats right now this would totally be a picture post.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:

hey, it's Rothide.

Did you ever look over the syllabus I gave you? The feminism 101 syllabus where I offered to legit teach you a class on Feminism 101?

You have to say yes or no. Because I offered and you've been complaining no one will teach you.

and don't worry, I will get you the link to the agreement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out hiw to link, so here is some copy/pasted goodness.

Keep in mind you don't have to agree to this. But if you don't, you are turning down a totally legitimate offer to be taught, and hence you can't keep saying no one will teach you. If you don't respond, I'll just remind you of it in every thread you post in.

stripeypants wrote:

WELCOME TO FEMINISM 101

A)WHY IS THIS BEING CALLED FEMINISM 101?

You are asking to be taught. You aren't paying me and you've been behaving poorly and you've been impossible. Therefore, before I try to teach you, you are required to read my syllabus. If you do not read or agree to my syllabus, you

B) INSTRUCTIONS:
Now, read the following. Read it and don't come back to me with stupid shit that shows you obviously didn't read it and you would rather the conversation be, "But feminists want to steal my scrotum!"

When you ask, plead, beg someone to be your teacher, then you surrender to their methods. YOU are asking to be taught, and that means you have to follow the rules. If you hate it, you are free to leave the fucking class.

C) RULES FOR FEMINISM 101:

1. STOP TRYING TO ARGUE.

HERE'S WHY: If you are here to learn from other people about a subject you know nothing about, then your information is basically shit. It is fine to refute and question and all that, but you have to admit you know fucking nothing and stop trying to defend the stuff you think you know. This is not because you have to surrender your will and brain at the door, but because your defensive posturing is preventing you from even knowing what it is you disagree with.

HERE IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHY: I personally don't need or want everyone on the planet to agree with me. Of course on one level I -do- want everyone to agree with me. But I know a world with diverse opinions is more likely to come up with solutions. I value opposition, and I know I am not always right.

So the 'stop trying to argue' rule is not to prevent you from speaking your mind. It is to help you learn by short circuiting the knee-jerk reaction to fight that prevents you from absorbing new information. Imagine trying to teach a kid the ABCs if they interrupted constantly to shout that their extremist religious parents think the alphabet is of the devil. Is that kid going to learn anything from even the best teacher? No, because they won't shut up long enough to learn the alphabet song. Once they know the basics of the alphabet they can argue against it, but until then they don't know what they are talking about.

2. READ AND COMPREHEND.

People are not writing shit for no reason. If you are asking for information on the internet, someone, somewhere will give you information. If you don't read it, then you are wasting their time. I don't think you are actually reading this now, in fact. If you are reading this, write, "I'm sorry for misgendering you, great grumpus." And the follow that up with, "I like cheetos in the morning." So as you can see it is important to actually read and understand. And if you haven't read it, announce that it was too long or whatever the problem was.

3. IF YOU ARE HAVING A SHITTY DAY, TAKE A BREAK.

Everyone has shitty days, but if you have an excuse every time you come to an argument for why your behavior is so poor, no one has any reason to believe you or care. If that is how you always behave, then everyone will see you as an asshole.

It is okay to be angry, but if your anger makes it impossible for you to have a conversation about a subject you don't like, then why are you trying to have it? Go garden or something, as that will be more productive.

4. DON'T EVER FUCKING MISGENDER ME OR IMPLY/STATE BOLDLY THAT I PERSONALLY AM THE REASON YOU HATE FEMINISM OR THAT YOU AREN'T LEARNING - ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU HAVE TRIED TO SAY YOU ARE A FEMINIST OR THAT YOU AGREE WITH FEMINISM.

Remember when you said you wanted to be a gender warrior? You actually said that. Why the fuck did you say that?

At any rate, you have a crap memory. I have a crap memory too, did you know that? Mine may not be as bad as yours, but it is bad enough to cause me trouble, so I sympathize. One thing you have to know is that other people do have functioning memories, and since this is the internet they can look back and see what you've said.

The greatest tip I can give you for this problem is don't be a liar - because poor memories and lies are a terrible combination. You've been an asshat. Own that. Now more forward and be truthful. Be a credit to that god you care about.

D) WHAT IF YOU DON'T AGREE?

This is a free course and no one is going to make you take it. But you've asked repeatedly, so the course is on offer for you. If at any time you decide this course is not for you or that you simply don't want to take it any more, you can stop. It'd be helpful if you would announce that, but no need to do that either.

Now if you have read my syllabus, type, "I, Rothide, hereby agree to enter this Feminism 101 course of my own free will."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In honor of today's tagline.
Alpha Aim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's spilling over into other threads... >_>.

With fanfiction, anything's possible!
Was Seymour always this friendly? Or is it because it's not D-man that's working the booth?
Night Spade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading JC yaoi fanfiction makes Baby Jesus cry.
Moor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's less because it's not the Devil, and more because it's Absinthe.

Seriously, how could anyone be unfriendly to her? Look at her brushing her teeth!
Istancow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen the Eagle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: