Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-04: Something I Really Want
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Really sticking to your guns there, Seymour.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about Jesus AND Ultraman, but here we have Jesus AS Ultraman.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbie has got Game.

None can resist her!! Smile
Rothide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell you the truth Stripey, I've given up on learning anything here about feminism here, I'm studying it on my own, using sources I agree with (no tumblr blogs or a biased websites, and using websites that provide good sources).

I don't want to argue with you anymore. I don't really want to talk with you anymore about the subject, or anyone else that acted toward me how you do when you disagreed with me.

That does not mean I will not comment on stuff I find wrong with the comic, like this (though I did not realize it was an out of date term, though I guess if he wants to get down and dirty he should call it "ADULT" Fan Fiction, because just calling anything Fan fiction just leads to it being misjudged by everyone).

So basically I concede defeat based on the Feminist arguments, now and future. Let's get on with our lives and not speak about this shit anymore.

Last edited by Rothide on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
aboutwhistles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you view tumblr blogs as original sources that document people's lived experiences, they're extremely valuable. original sources are quite valued by historians and researchers, I hear.
sunember123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As adorable as this is, I hope she never sees (if any) the consequences of her actions. That will break her.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
To tell you the truth Stripey, I've given up on learning anything here about feminism here, I'm studying it on my own, using sources I agree with (no tumblr blogs or a biased websites, and using websites that provide good sources).

I don't want to argue with you anymore. I don't really want to talk with you anymore about the subject, or anyone else that acted toward me how you do when you disagreed with me.

That does not mean I will not comment on stuff I find wrong with the comic, like this (though I did not realize it was an out of date term, though I guess if he wants to get down and dirty he should call it "ADULT" Fan Fiction, because just calling anything Fan fiction just leads to it being misjudged by everyone).

So basically I concede defeat based on the Feminist arguments, now and future. Let's get on with our lives and not speak about this shit anymore.

So never again say that no one is teaching you anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aboutwhistles wrote:
if you view tumblr blogs as original sources that document people's lived experiences, they're extremely valuable. original sources are quite valued by historians and researchers, I hear.

I'm having trouble explaining myself here, each thing I type I can see people taking it a way I didn't intend.

Tumblr blogs are great, but it seems to be just repeating what I read on any other blog. You could say then that it makes your argument, or you could call it group-think. Say what you will, but that is how I see it.
Rothide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Rothide wrote:

So never again say that no one is teaching you anything.

Considering that I just said that I wont be talking about feminism anymore, I don't think I'd have to learn anything about it FROM here anymore. So as I said before, LETS DROP IT.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave you alone about it if you apologize and romse never again to complain about how people aren't trying to teach you. And also if your ban on talking about feminism will include making no stupid backhanded comments about how people are mean to you for disagreeing rather than pointig out caustically that you have been a colossal jerk.

If you can do that and then not immediately fuck up in a fantastically stupd manner, I'll be appy to leave you to your business.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I'll leave you alone about it if you apologize and romse never again to complain about how people aren't trying to teach you. And also if your ban on talking about feminism will include making no stupid backhanded comments about how people are mean to you for disagreeing rather than pointig out caustically that you have been a colossal jerk.

If you can do that and then not immediately fuck up in a fantastically stupd manner, I'll be appy to leave you to your business.

No, not going to do that. Drop it Stripey. I don't want to fight, but I don't have to apologize for getting angry at people that antagonized me to make me angry, then pointing out how I'm acting like a jerk because Im angry.

Your basically doing the same damn shit right now. Not letting it drop and expecting me to follow your orders exactly, and turning it around on me for why it's not being dropped.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read fanfiction that broke my heart over and over. The kind that makes me want to leave comments to authors such as ARE YOU A SUCCESFUL WRITER IRL BECAUSE GOOD GOLLY YOU SHOULD BE. The kind where you just need to pause halfway because your brain needs to process everything that happened.

Sometimes I feel the internet is not worthy of such talent but on the other hand I'm glad there is a medium where they can show it off and I can read it for free. xP
Rothide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I have read fanfiction that broke my heart over and over. The kind that makes me want to leave comments to authors such as ARE YOU A SUCCESFUL WRITER IRL BECAUSE GOOD GOLLY YOU SHOULD BE. The kind where you just need to pause halfway because your brain needs to process everything that happened.

Sometimes I feel the internet is not worthy of such talent but on the other hand I'm glad there is a medium where they can show it off and I can read it for free. xP

I don't usually read it for sad fiction, Im more for continued adventures or alter canon in some very specific cases. Digimon being a big one.
cleocatra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I read fiction, then I read fanfiction, now I just real articles about sociology and I'm reading Machiavelli right now. It's basically a slippery slope.

Some of my friends should try and do an E.L. James and get their fanfiction published with different names. (ever read tf2 fanfiction? check out Cat Bountry and Dr Tanner)

Edit: I started with yugioh and gundam wing fanfiction, did you know bible fanfiction is actually a section on ff.net?
Arthain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write fan fiction and I'd like to say my stories exist in the top 5% of all stories on Fan Fiction.net.

Not very hard considering the quality of stories there.

Lemon and Lime are not really outdated terms, it's more people are far more cautious about using them since the moment they appear the moderators at FanFiction.net tend to bring the ban hammer down on the story.

Why FF.net banned 18+ stories, I don't know. A disclaimer before entering would have been enough to protect them and all it really took for them to make that change was a few anal retentive parents complaining. I mean really, who condemns sex, a perfectly natural biological process REQUIRED for the continued survival of the human race yet is perfectly fine with copious amounts of blood and violence?

Sometimes humans confuse me... actually humans confuse me just about all the time.

But anyways, Seymour is at least very honest about himself. I wonder how many people can truly say the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: