welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-04: Something I Really Want
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MerchManDan



Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 2065
Location: Somewhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Dennis would arrive to save us all. Also, I'm oddly pleased that the very first review says...ah hell, I won't spoil it.
_________________
mouse wrote:
almost a shame to waste dennis' talent on him.
except it's always a pleasure to see a good dennis insult.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3448
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purpose of this conversation is to address a problem that keeps happening. Specifically, Rothide's inability to communicate ruins perfectly nice threads. I'm not doing this because I like picking at Rothide, I am doing this in the hope that Rothide will doing stupid things. That's why this is in this thread: Because I don't feel like dealing with another pseudo conversation where Rothide starts out trying to be nice and then ends up frothing everywhere.


Rothide, you assume I have some ulterior motive to make you mad, and that's the end of it. Actually, I just want you to communicate better. That's it.

Do you remember the time I tried to get at the heart of what you were talking about and tried to help you learn because that's what you said you wanted? Or the time you came back after that, all fresh and ready for a new start, and blew up again in a frothy rage? Or the time after that where you did it again?

Each time you did that, you blamed other people for shit. You said that I and several other people made you mad at feminism - which is bullshit because you came here mad at it.
_________________
[Stripeypants has enabled lurk mode.]

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1112

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
Being under fire is NEVER fun, but watching it happen totally is. I am ALL for arguments. ...Man...I'm a bad person... ;_;

It's fun at times. It's a bit hard to reply to lots of people at once, though.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3448
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be fun if you know how to apologize and to poke fun at yourself. But I suppose that's only if you know the people you're under fire from.
_________________
[Stripeypants has enabled lurk mode.]

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Istancow



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1103
Location: Hel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In keeping with my first post on this thread (and with the further intent of stealing this thread in the name of shits and giggles), I have decided to post more Muppets clips.

Your discussions are no longer important, because you are all weird and peculiar.

What is important is this beautiful rendition of Gilbert & Sullivan's classic "Tit-Willow", from The Mikado.
_________________
Greetings, fool mortals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3448
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of my favorite Muppets things. Smile
_________________
[Stripeypants has enabled lurk mode.]

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Istancow



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1103
Location: Hel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll keep this up. I feel that it is a more constructive use of my time than some other things I could do.

Have some moar.
_________________
Greetings, fool mortals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 483

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as too much Muppets.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Lich Mong



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 475

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
It's fun at times. It's a bit hard to reply to lots of people at once, though.
Yeah Sad
If you want people to stick around in an argument when everyone is against them, you should have one or two people back off. Or have someone pretend like their on the other guys side (help with clarifications or something, but making it seem like they're sympathetic).
That's how I get the fundies to stick around longer on this religious forum I frequent.

Fundies on the internet are fun, but easily startled.
_________________
A MtG Webcomic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
The purpose of this conversation is to address a problem that keeps happening. Specifically, Rothide's inability to communicate ruins perfectly nice threads. I'm not doing this because I like picking at Rothide, I am doing this in the hope that Rothide will doing stupid things. That's why this is in this thread: Because I don't feel like dealing with another pseudo conversation where Rothide starts out trying to be nice and then ends up frothing everywhere.


Rothide, you assume I have some ulterior motive to make you mad, and that's the end of it. Actually, I just want you to communicate better. That's it.

Do you remember the time I tried to get at the heart of what you were talking about and tried to help you learn because that's what you said you wanted? Or the time you came back after that, all fresh and ready for a new start, and blew up again in a frothy rage? Or the time after that where you did it again?

Each time you did that, you blamed other people for shit. You said that I and several other people made you mad at feminism - which is bullshit because you came here mad at it.


What exactly is my problem? When I came back after a break I started using links and information I dug up by myself to talk about my ideals, mostly that people saying misandry could not happen. I gave a counter argument.

Before we get anywhere, lets give the definition of Misogyny, Miriam Webster... "The Hatred of Women" and the definition of misandry is "the hatred of men" No where in either of those definitions is "power or superiority"

Therefor when I showed articles about how some women are doing acts that are "hatred" toward men. Rape, Murder, Battery. I argued that yes, Misandry is a thing. Misogyny and Misandry isn't about POWER, its about good old fashioned HATE.

I also added an article about how women seem to be outclassing men in classrooms and are steadily getting the upper class jobs more frequently than men. Mostly because of a persons post about "what happens when Misogyny happens" or something like that, cant remember clearly.

My main point was about Misandry, however Stripey and a few others latched on to my Jobs link. And started arguing that. I gave more links showing everything that was going on, and in return I got blog posts and articles about how "Misandry is caused by men", "Men's Life are Easy Mode" and a Blog Article that I can't remember at this time.

I was still arguing about females future with economic matters, and then the switch was thrown again, Stripey started talking about the GENERAL poor. Not about Female Poverty, just World Wide Poverty and how it leads to Classism.

So we made a jump from Misandry Existing? to Female Economics Getting Better? To Poverty in General.

So yes, I went from a topic that I had information about, to being lead to a topics I don't have anything about. I had gotten frustrated and started to loose track of what I was talking about, then the insults started and I became even more mad and started acting like an asshole, which lead to more insults and more problems.

So yes, I tried arguing rationally, and sensibly, however in order to keep the ball in their court they changed the subjects to ones I had not researched yet.

And to tell you the truth, I'm tired of trying to have an argument about this with these people. I go to learn and they tell me "you have to learn for yourself, its not our responsibility to teach you anything"

Interestingly enough though, that kinda falls under this Feminist Blog's Article http://nicefeminist.wordpress.com/2009/07/20/challenging-feminist-groupthink/

It might be the exact case, but still I'm just tired of making these arguments. Any time I argue my "I'm not a Feminist" side, showing how things they are fighting about are improving and things they say cannot happen, because of a flawed definition, is happening, they feel the need to take me on a trip into different subjects until I might as well be trying to read Latin than argue with them.

So again, I am no longer going to argue feminism. I may argue about things I find fault with the comics (The "Reality Zone" giving life to a robot, that's still the biggest cop out to make a character and ruins an established idea in the comic) but when it comes to feminism, I'll leave that to the experts.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3448
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem is how you communicate badly.

And how inconsistent you are. You said you weren't going to talk about feminism anymore, and I didn't ask you to. I was addressing your communication problems.
_________________
[Stripeypants has enabled lurk mode.]

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Your problem is how you communicate badly.

And how inconsistent you are. You said you weren't going to talk about feminism anymore, and I didn't ask you to. I was addressing your communication problems.


The only reason I was talking about it was because you brought up my last blow up, and I was addressing WHY I had a communication breakdown during that event, Stripey. The changing of the subjects lead me to an area of discussion I could not argue against because I was not prepared. When I get frustrated (and I think anyone making one argument and having the topic change twice before you come to a conclusion on any of the previous ones would get anyone frustrated) I start to communicate badly.

I should have said "NO were talking about Misandry" at the start when they tried to change the subject to Economics, however I had some info with that first topic change. Then the topic changed again and I had NO info.

So yes it is my fault I let the subject wander to where I got frustrated and angry. I should have stuck to my first topic and not let anyone bring in a related but different topic.

So main points.

1. I come in with a differing view. (Hatred of Feminism as you say.)
2. I argue my view.
3. I don't think to say "no" to topic changes and I get lead into an area that I don't have information.
4. I don't have information so that makes me frustrated.
5. I get frustrated, I communicate poorly.
6. I communicate poorly, I get angry because of it.
7. I get angry then I start being an asshole

So I wan't to cut this in the nub, Im NOT going to talk about Feminism or anything like that ANY MORE. And the only reason I was talking about it now was to explain myself.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3448
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll try something new here: Rothide, you appear to be pissed off. Go take a break and a breather before you start making mistakes and say things you later won't want to lay claim to. Or stick around, but make note of when and why and how you get pissed beyond recognition.
_________________
[Stripeypants has enabled lurk mode.]

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rune



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1055

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one entertains my toddler endlessly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZu3Mc-6ICo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Alright, I'll try something new here: Rothide, you appear to be pissed off. Go take a break and a breather before you start making mistakes and say things you later won't want to lay claim to. Or stick around, but make note of when and why and how you get pissed beyond recognition.


I'm sorry if it seems like I'm pissed. I'm really not pissed or angry, I know that I fail to communicate and that frustration can lead me to anger and acting like an asshole.

I'm just trying to explain why I think this shit happens when I post.

And thank you, please do this in the future stripey, if someone says "Your getting angry, go cool off" I think I usually listen. There may be proof of that being wrong too, and I can accept that as well. Either way I'll try to keep level headed from now on.

Either way though, I don't want to argue feminism anymore. To much like putting a lit match next to the munitions storage for my taste.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group