welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you Kickstartering?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Jebus, last time I looked that was only at $200K.

yeah...about that.

It just passed the 2 million mark. Funded in a day...

Fuck yes, getting a Veronica Mars movie!

Yorick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

yeah...about that.

I still need to see season 2 ...
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
Snorri wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

yeah...about that.

I still need to see season 2 ...

Do it. It is the best one. It is more badasser.

stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine uses both indiegogo and kickstarter, and another who is quite disappointed with crowdfunding as a whole. I am hopeful it will continue evolving.

My partner was involved with the kickstarter for the graphic novel Ratha's Creature. It reached funding the day before it ended, I think, and ended up with a thousand or so in change.

We're hoping to do a kickstarter sometime in the future for a puppet show. But getting the initial stuff together has taken quite awhile. I'd like to resurrect this thread when that happens.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they sold all of the available deals the cast and crew would have to sign 7,000 movie posters. I can't even be bothered to sign my whole name when I'm filling out one check/cheque.
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
If they sold all of the available deals the cast and crew would have to sign 7,000 movie posters. I can't even be bothered to sign my whole name when I'm filling out one check/cheque.

Kristen Bell has to do a hundred voice-mails and 50 video-messages. I don't earn $500 in 15 seconds.*

7000 signings is not that much. They're getting loads of money.

*it takes a least 30 seconds for me.

Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would take days... your hand would cramp! OH GOD, THEIR HANDS WILL CRAMP! They'll have to spend some of that $2.5million on cushy pens, or one of those machines that duplicates your signature.

I'd still complain if I had to sign 3,500 posters.

Hell, I'm complaining right now and I don't have to sign shit.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards!!! I am a card junkie. But SOOO PRETTY!

They aren't anywhere near their goal but yeah, I'm dropping some money just in case.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2031961868/pippoglyph-ii-playing-cards

Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this is really happening.

On the one hand, the game sounds intriguing, and I do love the Goblins comic.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no faith in Thunt to actually complete the project.

Wut do.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most recent project (that is still accepting funding anyway) that I have contributed to:

'The ARKYD: A Space Telescope for Everyone' by Planetary Resources

lots of info through the link to the official kickstarter page.
a little more general background here.

this just seems like a cool thing to be able to contribute to in however small a way.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the name is not a boring acronym but a Star Wars thing! This is a mst awesome thing!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think someone in one of the videos mentioned something like that. when asked what ARKYD stood for, he answered that it wasn't an acronym for anything, the name was derived from (whether by the blatant theft of copyrighted intellectual materials and branding or some guy seeing corollaries between two things that he is interested in and so names the projects' telescope array modules: ARKYD, as an homage to star wars... probably.) ARAKYD the fictional corporation in the star wars universe whose primary industry is the design, creation, and production of the droids featured in the movies, videogames, and subsequent literary expansion of the universe. And for all those hundreds of years; the Old Republic, the Galactic Empire, the Rebellion, and the New Republic; it was ARAKYD, providing those brave men and women their droids should the need ever arise for an act of precision-timed slapstick comedy...

...or to walk in on you when your friend's sister is giving you blowjob under the main control console while you just sit there in your fancy swivel captain's chair and try not to fly into the side of a moon or something because let's be honest, she is going to town on you and making you feel things you didn't even know that a man could experience and you, at this moment, you couldn't care any less about what the controls are indicating at this moment than you could about whether your holds were full with smuggled spices from kessel or if you finally got drunk enough to figure out some use for those goddamned half-a-quarter-million little stupid plastic play balls that you were left holding after that last buyer skipped out on you. butohgodfuckitalll.... never in your life has anyone ever given you this much pleasure

...well, except for that winter in hoth when you were little and mommy and daddy took you to the ice princess' ice palace for the ice festival. the battery cells had either died or frozen solid so there wouldn't be power or heat for quite some time. after about an hour roaming the festival grounds in search of a tauntaun to slit open and crawl inside of, you headed back to find your mommy; you were ever so cold. "Mother", you cried, "I'm ever so cold." "Did you try wrenching the entrails out of a still living tauntaun so that you could crawl inside to keep warm." "I already did that, mother. At one point I thought I had spied out a she-tauntaun with a brood of at least 3 or 4 if her belly's anyway to tell. I had already begun fantasizing about how warm it would be if I cut lower than usual and instead of climbing into her chest cavity maybe I could squeeze my way into her womb. a few quick thawacks against a rock should be enough to do with the little squirming pink pests and since they'll be so warm and there's like 4 of them at least! I could shove one down my pants, one under my shirt and across my chest to keep my arm pits warm. That leaves, what? 2 more? well the plumpest one I'm going to use as a real proper pillow for once and the little runt can sleep with me, curled up in my arms, so I can chew on those soft, tender, little feet he has if I get hungry or can't sleep." "that's wonderful! mommy has to stay here and work a little longer but you go find your tauntaun and try to stay warm." "Mom! I already said I only thought it was a pregnant tauntaun.... turns out it was just a big old smelly wookie." "Well... then... just go play with your new wookie friend for a while then. mommy is very busy." "But he's a stranger!? and also his fur smells like cigarettes." "Oh, but you're my big tough gungen. I didn't think you were afraid of anything?" "I isn't scared" "That's my little womp rat, run off and play with the nice wookie. And leave your mommy a few goddamned minutes of peace or I'll cramp a thermal detonator so far up my cooch that I might actually feel something down there before I incinerate from the inside out and take most of the rest of these nerffuckers down with me."

and that's the story of how the rebels killed my parents. that's why I stick to smuggling. I've got no love for imperials but nor do I sympathize much with them and there alliance. til I met that kid's sister, that is. That's also the story of how I met my best friend and copilot, and he's one of the best that has ever lived... in the former and the later. He's taught me so much, just about everything I know I learned from him; he even taught be a few little things that night in the cold. things that had changed me into a man when I clambered off his lap that morning and things that will make my buddy glad that we're in space, because his little sister is in for some screaming.

Finnegan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, yeah. ARKYD is named for ARAKYD, which is a company that develops droids in the star wars universe.

stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This indiegogo campaign is raising funds to preserve a bunch of books that were saved from destruction by religious extremists. The books are irreplaceable.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/timbuktu-libraries-in-exile

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, cards again. First, a re-do of the Pippoglyph - not quite funded yet.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2031961868/pippoglyph-playing-cards

AND Guess what - MORE CARDS. Soooooo funded already.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460165270/the-name-of-the-wind-playing-cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: