welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-09: Toyland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tekii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: 2013-06-09: Toyland Reply with quote

I never got an easy bake oven when I was a kid Sad
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got my stripper pole, either. And that was the end of my dream of being an exotic dancer.
Istancow

Location: Chamber of the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Exotic dancer."

"Exotic."

I still do not understand that term in that context. Would not "erotic" be more appropriate?

Such quandary. Does pole-dancing have some connection to some civilization with a far different culture from modern Western civilization?

Here in the west, I do not know of anything pole-dancing is associated with other than strip clubs and hobbyists.
Tekii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the pole dance one wasn't even when she was wearing the goggles. What kind of toy stores is Tat going to?
Smooshie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that the boys' section is implying that those are your only options as a male. Explore and oppress or you're not a man! Laughing

I love you.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tekii wrote:
Just noticed the pole dance one wasn't even when she was wearing the goggles. What kind of toy stores is Tat going to?

The same one that sells this doll, surely.

http://packaginggirlhood.typepad.com/packaging_girlhood/2009/09/how-cute-a-pole-dancing-doll-for-your-little-one.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my easy-bake oven, but it got taken away pretty fast when my parents realized that it was just an excuse for me to eat more sweets while claiming to be doing something practical.
Phox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with care.. domestic and nurturing... by the flip side there is quite a bit wrong with action, adventure and exploration.

The binary code of man and women it exists because we have spent... no matter how one person or people are raised children will always be blank slates that will always mold them selves. You can only do so much to help a child become something unique and help them learn right from wrong become they become a teenager, everything before that is just laying road work and tracks for them. Oddly enough i support easy bake ovens and iron board type stuff though they should be modeling those to both boys and girls as i found out in high school how few of my friends actually knew how to cook. (Which made me VERY popular at pre parties as i could cook damn near anything.)

Still end of the day it isn't ever going to be the toys that your child plays with that are going to shape how they actually grow. It is going to be as it has always been since the dawn of time. Who plays with them, and Who teaches them as they play, and those Who who teach them why they play a certain way.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please refer to this thread from now for centralization purposes thank you Very Happy
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
I like that the boys' section is implying that those are your only options as a male. Explore and oppress or you're not a man! :lol:

THIS A BILLION TIMES OVER. FUND IT.

I'm stuck in the security industry when it comes to jobs because not only am I a idiot, but I cry too often in fast food scenarios and military training facilities.

I'd "Deal with it" if I knew how. My value as a employee shouldn't be based on how much damage I can deal to intruders. All nations punish those that reveal hidden data. Imagine how much less of a consumer you would be if you knew how high the mark ups are on those "cute" shoes that you thought you got a good "deal" on and the exploitation it took to get them into a display case in front of you.

Are you sure you want to go down that rabbit tunnel?
Ravens and writing desks have very inky quills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: