welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat Box?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3290
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I missed something and thought you were moving down to Seattle.

I'll poke at my work schedule and see when anyone who wanted to come with is free. I have some optimism right now. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sporko



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2891

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this group of dysfunctional inbreds.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3290
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure I'm outbred. Outbread, maybe. Welsh americans are boring. (Which is why you never hear about us.)

A MEET-UP HAPPENED! I did not wear striped pants! Unless you count corduroy as striped. But there was much survival and chatting!

And I am convinced now I can't have an extended conversation with anyone new without bringing up North Korea. (It gets me invited to all the parties.)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10685
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pretty wide-ranging conversation. Didn't seem all that weird. Or no weirder than my constant rambling about everything.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. I’ll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12140
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
And I am convinced now I can't have an extended conversation with anyone new without bringing up North Korea. (It gets me invited to all the parties.)

Well, it does seem to have a monopoly on all the Ils of the world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3290
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile That's good! I am the king of not linear conversations. I am totally going to be a Bill Cosby type old man.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3290
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
And I am convinced now I can't have an extended conversation with anyone new without bringing up North Korea. (It gets me invited to all the parties.)

Well, it does seem to have a monopoly on all the Ils of the world.


They have Euns now!

And a whole lot of Kims. I have trouble with some of the articles I find, because just about every defector is named Kim. I don't know if that is for anonymity or if the name is just that popular.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12140
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
And I am convinced now I can't have an extended conversation with anyone new without bringing up North Korea. (It gets me invited to all the parties.)

Well, it does seem to have a monopoly on all the Ils of the world.


They have Euns now!

And a whole lot of Kims. I have trouble with some of the articles I find, because just about every defector is named Kim. I don't know if that is for anonymity or if the name is just that popular.

According to a wartime documentary I watched, it was so that they could get healthcare from the army hospitals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3290
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good documentary. I learned a lot.

I've also learned a lot from this very trustworthy news source,

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Like how factories keep over and over again reaching the pinnacle of modern technological achievement, and how there are factories that produce food. Yes, honest to god food! That people can eat!

Oh, and if you keep track of it, you'll learn about every country ever that says anything positive about the Kims.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mini J



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1164
Location: Toronto, ON

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember installing mirc solely for the old sinfest chat. I think I checked it last about... 4 years ago? Was a lot of fun during my last year of college, I even went to Pintcon. Now I'm a respectable working stiff and all that.

Well, so they tell me.

edit: yep, completely empty, but it still tells me not to puke on the strippers.
_________________
Who needs a signature?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eureka00



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1993
Location: Pretzel City

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini J wrote:
I can remember installing mirc solely for the old sinfest chat. I think I checked it last about... 4 years ago? Was a lot of fun during my last year of college, I even went to Pintcon. Now I'm a respectable working stiff and all that.

Well, so they tell me.

edit: yep, completely empty, but it still tells me not to puke on the strippers.


Yeah, I put that up a couple days ago when this thread was started and I popped in there. Razz
_________________
Eureka00: "Reminding you of your addictions" since 1982.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4181
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
sporko wrote:
we've historically always had an IRC room but i can't remember the last time it was consistently active Sad

it was raucous and dramatic and wonderful


Isn't there a fester who 'lives' only over in the IRC room and doesn't come to forums anymore? I

Cap'n Lazarus used to live in the old Keenspot forum. I think even he has left at this point though. And yeah I remember the IRC channel just like it was...uh like 10 years ago I was last logged in or something.
Speaking of Sinfest meetups when I lived in Malmö I saw a guy that I recognized on the bus but I just couldn't recall from where I knew him. An old classmate? A friend of a friend?

Then some time later I realized it was Valp, if anyone remembers him.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eureka00



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1993
Location: Pretzel City

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm is the old keenspot forum gone then? I can't find it anywhere.
_________________
Eureka00: "Reminding you of your addictions" since 1982.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12140
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was still there a few months ago, because I went back to check on the general state of Keenspot. I had to dig to find my old login credentials. One of the saddest things I saw was Cap'n Lazarus yelling at spambots to leave the forum alone.
Also the colorscheme. That was pretty sad.

*edit* Looks like they ditched the radioactive-and-spearmint green.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4181
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
It was still there a few months ago, because I went back to check on the general state of Keenspot. I had to dig to find my old login credentials. One of the saddest things I saw was Cap'n Lazarus yelling at spambots to leave the forum alone.
Also the colorscheme. That was pretty sad.

*edit* Looks like they ditched the radioactive-and-spearmint green.

Well the forum is still there. Cap'n Lazarus hasn't posted in well over a year, but...I don't really get why he would be still posting there in the first place. I mean has anyone asked?
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group