welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Socrates was a Christian III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 205, 206, 207  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I find it really interesting that the same company that supplied the gas to Nazi Germany now makes birth control"
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna break with tradition and post a clever remark that's actually anti-stupid for a change. This was said during an argument about the origin of life and probabilities when someone brought out the old 'infinite monkeys' thing.

Quote:
Also, what you seem to have missed in the theorem, is that a 'monkey' named 'William Shakespeare' was born in 1564 and wrote 'Hamlet'. So the probability of it happening is 1.
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
I'm gonna break with tradition and post a clever remark that's actually anti-stupid for a change...

no way, I'm about to do that too! Clearly we need a thread dedicated to unexpected internet profundity.

regarding the emerging (or persistent?) culture of science denial, some guy posted on the comments section of a facebook photo:

Quote:
There is something anarchic about the progress of science. It seems likely that every established idea about the material world will be challenged, undermined, belittled, or placed in a radically different context over time. Since every institution is legitimated by certain ideas about the world (eg: criminal law is upheld by the idea that humans typically have free will), every institution is in danger of being revealed as absurd or obsolescent. Perhaps those who detest science suspect this inevitability, on some level, and make some more-or-less conscious decision to choose order over truth.
So its not the scientific method that arouses suspicion, but the very purpose of science.
TIAB

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quoting but distilling something that I see way too frequently online:

Quote:
I didn't understand what you just said so you must be an idiot.

If you'll excuse me I need to go tell NASA how unintelligent they all are because I was never good at calculus.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven wrote:
Funny i never seen a 'strip pole" in the girls toys section and my toys when i was little were toy trains and RC cars not "psycho exploder man" ( i hated diaper wearing super duper heroes ).
If there's one thing is this STRIP that's sexist assuming so much with knowing so little.

And of course the psycho bandwagon is here in force including pony-girl who's 'brilliant" refutation of a page 1 argument is "fuck you".
Amazing, i am sure they are definitely putting you on the nobel prize nominees now.

crayven wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
crayven wrote:
If there's one thing is this STRIP that's sexist assuming so much with knowing so little.

I'm very interested in learning how you came to the conclusion that this strip is sexist. Because HOLY SHIT WOW, the mental gymnastics are beyond my imagining.

Is it sexist to be talking about sexism?

It is sexist to assume all boys will go for 'exploder" toys and all girls will go for "pinky" toys. just because there are sections of toys with different styles doesn't mean they are 'girls only and boys only" as this strip implies.
Go ahead check the stores if you have children and see which one your child goes for.

My son isn't going for violent toys but for the more interactive ones.
legos or RC toys ( like his dad ). And it wasn't some evul conspiracy or patriarchy at work.

it really does belong in this thread
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only skimmed those pages of that thread. Seems I missed out on a good portion of the stupidity.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying to figure out who 'pony girl' is supposed to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, HR has a pony av... But HR is clearly a pineapple.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was indeed the one who responded to a page one argument with little more than a "fuck you."

but again, yeah, pineapple.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA YOO-ESS IS A REPUBLIK NOT A DEMOCRASSY!
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relayed to me by a friend. While naked with her (now ex-)boyfriend, his hand on her breast, he says, "Your breasts are cute, but they could be bigger."
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he was cute, but he could be smarter.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the general consensus of the people hearing the story over breakfast. Also, "... could be taller."
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably flip out and either storm out or kick him out. There was a time when I would laugh nervously and feel shitty about myself but the last asshole I dated was pretty awful about those kinds of comments and I've reached my limit.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
crayven wrote:
Funny i never seen a 'strip pole" in the girls toys section and my toys when i was little were toy trains and RC cars not "psycho exploder man" ( i hated diaper wearing super duper heroes ).

And of course the psycho bandwagon is here in force including pony-girl who's 'brilliant" refutation of a page 1 argument is "fuck you".
Amazing, i am sure they are definitely putting you on the nobel prize nominees now.

crayven wrote:

My son isn't going for violent toys but for the more interactive ones.
legos or RC toys ( like his dad ). And it wasn't some evul conspiracy or patriarchy at work.

it really does belong in this thread

Has there ever been a poster here that was more full of shit than crayven? I don't think there has

crayven wrote:
My new airsoft gear is here and i am grabbing my son and going out to spend some quality time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 199 of 207

Jump to: