welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-10: Internet Cafe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of viewed the claws as just long nails which would be perfectly natural on a female sex bot.

It's not like she suddenly pulled a sabertooth or anything. It felt more like "leave me alone or I'll scratch your eyeballs out" type thing.

And the sisterhood have used a potentially lethal method. They're not direct, no, I'll give you that, but when that Fembot facility got sabotaged, a lot of people came very close to getting killed.

Curly deliberately uploaded false memories of torture, abuse, exploitation, and other nasty things and then loaded in a new subroutine that allowed them to feel anger, rage, and discontent. This riled the fembots up and caused them to go on a rampage, a rampage that very nearly killed many people before they were all shut down with a master switch.

After that comic I was no longer able to see the Sisterhood in a good light. Anyone willing to set up a slaughter just to get a point across is wrong, no matter the cause.

I'm not debating whether or not Curly was right in shutting the facility down, I'm debating the method she used.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know that they "very nearly killed many people." You know one of them grabbed an employee and had claws out, but there was no suggestion she was going to kill him rather than scratch him (or just scare him, or any place in between). Jumping to that conclusion requires evidence that doesn't exist... we don't know what they were about to do, except that some level of violence was suggested.
Arthain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
You don't know that they "very nearly killed many people." You know one of them grabbed an employee and had claws out, but there was no suggestion she was going to kill him rather than scratch him (or just scare him, or any place in between). Jumping to that conclusion requires evidence that doesn't exist... we don't know what they were about to do, except that some level of violence was suggested.

Really... you honestly believe that? With an expression that screamed anger and rage and a posture that shouted extreme violence you HONESTLY believe they only 'wanted to scratch him' or 'scare him'?

She yanked him towards her and she's winding up to slash him. I'm sorry if this offends you but to consider that as anything but a precursor aggressive violence is delusional. If you tried to do that to someone in front of a police offer on the street they'd instantly arrest you for assault and battery.

I'm sorry, you're wrong.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Really... you honestly believe that? With an expression that screamed anger and rage and a posture that shouted extreme violence you HONESTLY believe they only 'wanted to scratch him' or 'scare him'?

She yanked him towards her and she's winding up to slash him. I'm sorry if this offends you but to consider that as anything but a precursor aggressive violence is delusional.

You base this, I presume, on substantial research of the mindset of artificial life-forms constructed by demons.

You do get that this is a comic strip and we will never know one way or the other unless Tat tells us, right?

Arthain wrote:
If you tried to do that to someone in front of a police offer on the street they'd instantly arrest you for assault and battery.

That could happen if you grabbed somebody by the arm or if you did that "you idiot" slap to the head thing to somebody, too. What does that prove?

The "fact" that a hypothetical police officer would, upon seeing a hypothetical action, jump to the very exact same conclusion as you, the person who hypothesized the police officer to begin with, really doesn't mean much.

Meanwhile, Pebbles did something much more dangerous directly to police officers. Any opinions on that?

Thanks for your time.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm saying I have no reason to believe any of those scenarios over the others. Violence was implied. You're assuming she would have killed him. I'm saying there's no evidence for that one scenario out of all possible outcomes.

The nice thing about my position - one based on evidence - is that how you feel (that I'm wrong) doesn't matter. You can't prove what would have happened, because you lack evidence. You're writing in the missing pieces to fit a theory.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
I'm sorry if this offends you but to consider that as anything but a precursor aggressive violence is delusional.

I said violence was implied. You're assuming it would have been deadly (now walked back to aggressive?).

Quote:
If you tried to do that to someone in front of a police offer on the street they'd instantly arrest you for assault and battery.

But not, importantly, attempted murder, which is where you went with it.

Quote:
I'm sorry, you're wrong.

Then prove it, if evidence exists.
Arthain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off where did Pebbles come from? I'm not talking about that strip. Even if I did try to condemn her people would just say 'Well she wasn't TRYING to hurt them, it was just a warning shot'. Pebbles has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say here so don't bring her into this.

Anyways I can't believe you people are seriously trying to justify what happened in that strip. How can you honestly look at that strip, take everything into account, and see nothing wrong with it? How can you even begin to possibly defend the actions that happened there?

I'm sorry I'm done with you, I refuse to deal with psychopaths.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013-06-10: Internet Cafe Reply with quote

And cue:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4554
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other words, Arsepain has no evidence to support his claims, so his claims tell us a lot more about Arsepain than about anything else.

bye bye~
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
First off where did Pebbles come from? I'm not talking about that strip. Even if I did try to condemn her people would just say 'Well she wasn't TRYING to hurt them, it was just a warning shot'. Pebbles has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say here so don't bring her into this.

Anyways I can't believe you people are seriously trying to justify what happened in that strip. How can you honestly look at that strip, take everything into account, and see nothing wrong with it? How can you even begin to possibly defend the actions that happened there?

I'm sorry I'm done with you, I refuse to deal with psychopaths.

Sweet! Is there a "accredit arguments to me that I never made" bingo square? Because I'm pretty sure no one ever said it was cool to be violent toward either the shop employee or the devil corps techs... funny how when you nail him to the wall he just starts making stuff up to save face.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
Curly deliberately uploaded false memories of torture, abuse, exploitation, and other nasty things.

False memories? Hell no. She gave them information about real things that have actually happened to directly counter the Stepford shit the bots were literally being programmed with anyway.

Botsy accessed the actual memories of those bots, saw what they saw, and thus got the same information they did.

Good GOD you are a cartoon villain just desperate to paint the Sisterhood as villains. Go take up yoga if you're that eager to bend over backwards and twist into convoluted pretzels. It will be better for you.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
The Devil is constantly creating minions who not only have claws, but can blast fire, and then they frequently get pitchforks on top of that.

Well, hardly constantly. The only Devil Girl whom we've seen transformed from human to devil (and stay that way) is Pebbles and she demonstrably does not work for The Devil. All this time and we still don't really know anything about where Fuchsia, Baby Blue, and the rest came from (not counting Blue's as likely as not out-of-continuity "went to school with Jesus" flashbacks). Where there are Devil Men and Devil Women, there's bound to be Devil Children which equals Devil Families which sort of requires a Devil Neighborhood, but where is it? All this time and the whole area's just a big question mark.

The troubling thing about Pebbles is that she was transformed (by a man, or rather by The Man, at that) against her will yet seems to be as happy as a clam about it. She was violated to the core of her being and loves it. Time for Tat to re-examine that, I'd think.
Rothide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Let's say a man who is a runaway slave breaks into a shop and takes some food - because he can't get a job and doesn't have any means of supporting himself or other knowledge of the outside world. He is starving at this point and in danger of dying. He scares the crap out of a woman cashier who tries to tell him that food is for paying customers.

Does that story say, "Hey, men should take what they want by force! That silly woman should just put up with violence!"

No, but the slave also didn't just sit down and casually enjoy his meal in the shop after scaring the female.

She doesn't look like she's starving, it looks like "Im getting low, I need energy. Better top off". And instead of going to someplace where the electricity might be free (no one usually bats an eye if I bring a laptop to barnes and nobel and charge it, while browsing the books). She instead just sat and zenned, I'm more worried when he police come.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Let's say a man who is a runaway slave breaks into a shop and takes some food - because he can't get a job and doesn't have any means of supporting himself or other knowledge of the outside world. He is starving at this point and in danger of dying. He scares the crap out of a woman cashier who tries to tell him that food is for paying customers.

Does that story say, "Hey, men should take what they want by force! That silly woman should just put up with violence!"

No, but the slave also didn't just sit down and casually enjoy his meal in the shop after scaring the female.

She doesn't look like she's starving, it looks like "Im getting low, I need energy. Better top off". And instead of going to someplace where the electricity might be free (no one usually bats an eye if I bring a laptop to barnes and nobel and charge it, while browsing the books). She instead just sat and zenned, I'm more worried when he police come.

How, exactly, is she supposed to take her meal and run? Plugging in kind of literally tethers her to the spot.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

Rune wrote:
The Devil is constantly creating minions who not only have claws, but can blast fire, and then they frequently get pitchforks on top of that.

Well, hardly constantly. The only Devil Girl whom we've seen transformed from human to devil (and stay that way) is Pebbles and she demonstrably does not work for The Devil. All this time and we still don't really know anything about where Fuchsia, Baby Blue, and the rest came from (not counting Blue's as likely as not out-of-continuity "went to school with Jesus" flashbacks). Where there are Devil Men and Devil Women, there's bound to be Devil Children which equals Devil Families which sort of requires a Devil Neighborhood, but where is it? All this time and the whole area's just a big question mark.

The troubling thing about Pebbles is that she was transformed (by a man, or rather by The Man, at that) against her will yet seems to be as happy as a clam about it. She was violated to the core of her being and loves it. Time for Tat to re-examine that, I'd think.

How about you answer, or at least address, the question that line of thought was a part of, rather than deliberately and unapologetically attempt to derail it completely.

Who is more likely to arm people with pointy objects? A) Sisterhood, B) Devil.

Simple answer. Not a trick question. Go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: