welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/11 not everyone sucks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which is also different from "you are an asshat/fuckwit/clown shoes imbecile/reprehensible piece of shit in the great sewer that is life/etc."
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

You probably wont get much interaction with Monkey unless you say something that outs you as a shitty person. Like Eiden I prefer to lurk when there isnt a shitstorm going on.

Haha yeah, I figured. If anything I'll be calling other people out on shitty things they say, there's been a few times I've been lurking and someone's posted something and I was just like "wrooooong argh why isn't my registration going through I need to jump in and correct this".

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
uhhh just so we're clear, I don't verbally abuse people because of some sort of hazing or rite of passage, I do it because they're a godamned fucking idiot, and I worry that they have no one in their life that tells them so on a regular basis.

Jesus christ you have no idea how much I relate right now. I got involved in a "debate" with skeptics. After refusing to look at all the links I posted and demanding I educate them personally on a subject I just wanted to go on a tirade about what enormous shitbags they were and that everything they were spouting was the same old "but I have an opinion and everyone'e allowed an opinion and you have to prove me wrong, otherwise you're wrong and I couldn't possibly not be informed on something, but if I am you have to explain why with three peer-reviewed journals backing up the simplest things you say". And I did explain to them why they were being terrible, but then I was being "too emotional and angry" and just urrrrrrgh I was having panic attacks and couldn't get to sleep until 3:30am.

(Actually since you're Australian, you know Griffith University? It was a skeptics group from there on Facebook.)

Istancow wrote:
Greetings Ennis!

You seem like a likeable person. I like you. I hope you enjoy partaking in the many frivolities that occur here.

And since you enjoy profanity (which I am afraid I am not so skilled in the use of as the other members),

"Bollocks."

Welcome to the forums!

EDIT: You think you seem like a pretentious British aristocrat, ho ho!

(actually, I am not British or blue-blooded myself, I don't know why I've adopted this persona. It just pleases me)

Well you are a cat with a moustache haha.
Also you have no idea how much it amuses me that absolutely no one took issue with me calling Rothide a tool.
Leohan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ennis! Sorry, I forgot to say hi before. I was in a hurry.

You seem cool. I also like your icon a lot. Did you draw it yourself?
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leohan! (Wow this is so weird meeting people who I feel like I already know from reading all their posts. To give you an idea, although I only finished reading Sinfest at the end of last year, I started sifting through the forums recently all the way back to early 2012. For example, I know of the history between Rothide and Stripeypants, that while you and Stripeypants disagree at least you argue more coherently than Rothide. Miss Magenta draws fanart and ships basically everyone [but seemingly mainly Lil'E and Seymour]. Yeah, I'm a massive creeper with a memory for really irrelevant things.)

Yes I did, I think I mentioned it a few pages back. Tat's been a huge influence on me as of late, I'm working on an animation project for uni and I've incorporated a little of what I've learnt from observing the way he draws things. Maybe I'll post a link to it here when I'm done. (Should I use a different forum though?)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Miss Magenta draws fanart and ships basically everyone [but seemingly mainly Lil'E and Seymour]

sounds about right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definitely use the general discussion subforum if you're planning to start a thread about it.
Leohan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this very thread has an example of why it's good to come in after already knowing how the forum participants work. And yeah, your characterizations seem pretty much accurate.

Sorry! Must have missed that explanation. I dig your style. Seems very good for Flash animations, which are currently quite dominant of the market.

EDIT: Also, yeah. I am a moral universalist and stripey's a moral relativist. Until we stop amusing each other we will always find things to argue about.
Istancow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH! OOH! What have you observed about me?
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vaguely remember you posting frivolous quips in the middle of heady debates, I think.
Istancow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaay

I don't know why I'm so excited about this!
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited too. It feels like I'm meeting characters from a story or show for some reason, probably because for the longest time I could only observe. Was I the only one who fantasised about meeting fictional characters and just being all "I know your history, like that one time you ___" and they're just like "Wow, how do you know that?"?

Actually given what I've heard about fanfiction, I'm probably not the only one.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned my name! Very Happy

Rothide seems to be doing better right now, at the very least. I hope things continue to go well there. I have hopes!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes Stripeypants, you are well up there in my "people I have read countless forum posts of and sort of know their history" list. I tended to skip over Arthain and crayven's posts after awhile just to read your (and other people's) rebuttals and snarks at them. I even recall the thread in which you got that green whale from, because someone thought that's what a grumpus would look like (was it Miss Magenta who drew it? can't remember). And because Rothide kept misgendering you, for a short while your sig read STRIPEYPANTS IS A MAN to remind him.
Istancow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide is unlike the other agitating posters in that Rothide is making discernible efforts to improve.

Last edited by Istancow on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune drew it. Smile. Mss Magenta's pictures are awesome tough, as are Sam's. I can't remember who else posts pictures here. Sam's sexy Kesus on a pony s blocking them all out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: