welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1100, 1101, 1102 ... 1133, 1134, 1135  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
PEEEEEER PRESSURE!

Smile If you like it but can't get it after you move, you might check the grocery store for the Yogi teabags - only the box lies because it says to heat the tea up. That destroys the magic kavalactones.

Or I could totes mail you some. Because it can get expensive online.

Just wanted to let you know, Kava is illegal in some areas to import, possess, or sell. So you might want to be careful about mailing any depending on state/country laws.

On that note, I have a friend who swears by the stuff as being great for relaxing at the end of the day. I'll have to try it some day.

However, there is nothing like a good liver-destroying drinking session to make you realize why you don't have good liver-destroying drinking sessions more often.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the root is legal in all states. Supplements ad extracts made of other parts of the plant may be illegal in soe paces - which is good because those cause liver failure and shouldn't be sold.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a final tomorrow and I'm trying to study viral replication (if I read about the biochemistry of DNA polymerase one more time...) but I'm totally out of it. Like "I only need 20% on this test to get a B, and I'm already enrolled in grad school that starts in 12 days" out of it.

- sense, + sense, reverse transcriptase, tegument, lysogeny, retrograde axonal transport... It's kind of logical, you just have to learn the vocab.

Have I mentioned that I'm a terrible student? As a TA I used to tutor students on good study habits (I even kept copies of a paper that showed everyone learns better from studying in silence, even people who claimed to learn better from studying with music), but I don't use any of them.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list of words made me fall asleep.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I have a final tomorrow and I'm trying to study viral replication (if I read about the biochemistry of DNA polymerase one more time...) but I'm totally out of it. Like "I only need 20% on this test to get a B, and I'm already enrolled in grad school that starts in 12 days" out of it.

- sense, + sense, reverse transcriptase, tegument, lysogeny, retrograde axonal transport... It's kind of logical, you just have to learn the vocab.

Have I mentioned that I'm a terrible student? As a TA I used to tutor students on good study habits (I even kept copies of a paper that showed everyone learns better from studying in silence, even people who claimed to learn better from studying with music), but I don't use any of them.

Ahaahaha! I'm the same way with studying, I really am. I even tell my tutoring students "Here is advice. I am a total hypocrite for telling you X, and I know you will want to do Y instead, because I did. DO NOT DO THIS."

The good news is, eventually you *will* be done with classes in grad school. It is truly a goddamn bizzare feeling. I will say it completely fucked up my sense of the passage of time, since things are no longer marked by semesters and it all blurs together.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a really bad studier.

I always have been. Give me hands on stuff and I'm fine, but just reading it in a book I will guarantee forget it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. It should be nice to see family, but it's always kind of awkward because I feel like I just don't know them as well as I should. (My super shitty memory kicks in hard when it comes to matching names and faces. This is also why if you have me added to something outside of Sinfest I may have no idea who you actually are, matching names and other names is even harder.)

It's... not actually less insulting when it's true for a LOT of people. I feel like I should just use facebook to make flashcards and quiz myself before reuinions.

Also I kind of hate weddings. The ceremonies. The receptions are usually fun, but oh god awkwardly sitting in a church feeling like there are few places I belong less. Agh.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped paying for parking at work.

+ Extra $75 a month.
+ More exercise, closest free parking is about 5 blocks from work
+ I get here earlier, more relaxing time
- It has rained every day since I made this decision.
- Constantly worried my car is being messed with
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+My buddy just got a new job, and he is super excited for it!

-I am pretty sure that this restraunt is what every non-American person thinks Americans are.

His job is here, Slater's 50 50.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
+My buddy just got a new job, and he is super excited for it!

-I am pretty sure that this restraunt is what every non-American person thinks Americans are.

His job is here, Slater's 50 50.

Yeah but man now I want to eat one of those burgers.

Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like, that looks like a pretty awesome restaurant.

I still don't get everyone's obsession with bacon though. Like, sure it is delicious but so are plenty of other things. Why bacon and not, for example, foie gras?

Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I spent two hours trying to decide about getting a new phone. (I did.)
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Like, that looks like a pretty awesome restaurant.

I still don't get everyone's obsession with bacon though. Like, sure it is delicious but so are plenty of other things. Why bacon and not, for example, foie gras?

I don't understand it either.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my first crop share in this week.

-Kale
-2 lb baby potatoes
-2 bulb onions
-Garlic scapes
-Radishes, about a pound. They were short on scapes so they threw these in for free.

I got to order what I wanted but might switch to farmers choice.

+ Crop share, yay!
+ I apparently like radishes!, yay
- We pick up in a local green store, figured I should shop around look at their other stuff. Holy cow, apparently local is a slang term for expensive as fuck. $5.95 per pound for a whole 5-6 lb chicken? $14.95 per pound ground beef?

Surely I must have been misunderstanding. No... no I wasn't. The $20 steak were understandable, but not the other stuff.

I get that it's a smaller local farm that sells this to the store and the store has to make a profit. But I can get my eggs for 1/3 what they were asking at Wegmans.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+/- I can't seem to give a fuck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1100, 1101, 1102 ... 1133, 1134, 1135  Next
Page 1101 of 1135

Jump to: