welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MRA 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3556
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
There's something pretty hilarious about how sam or Eiden can't answer a simple question.


I'm probably going to regret asking, but what question is that?


Remember when I asked how my original post is offensive in any way whatsoever?

Yea, that one.



How can I trust anything Sam is saying right now, when he is making mountains out of molehills.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3556
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: as long as you admit your debate tactics are cowardly Reply with quote

Also, I'm getting the impression that if I buy you a gift, you will let me into your heart sam?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3715
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thy, could you stop posting please? Nothing you say has any anchor in reality. You are being a cunt to the whole world and at the end of the day it just makes you sicker. Just go.
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lasairfiona



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9702
Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tat uses alt text all the time. Is that dumb too? Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
.The type of tonality I use is difficult to understand. It isn't easily represented online. I'm about 80% certain that's the real problem here.

If you sincerely think that this is the problem you a) change your communication style in order to be understood or b) accept you will be misunderstood and thought an asshole and stop playing martyr.

Any other response is either madness or being a dick. There is no third option regardless of the other party's motive, personality, or intent.

_________________
Before God created Las he pondered on all the aspects a woman might have, he considered which ones would look good super-inflated and which ones to leave alone.
After much deliberation he gave her a giant comfort zone. - Michael
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17175
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: also: are you hiring? Reply with quote

sam: personally, i am very impressed to learn that you have come up with a way to use your sociology degree for evil. this is one of the ways in which universities so frequently fail to prepare their graduates for life in the outside world. i mean, they often don't give you much instruction in how to even get a job, let alone set up a structured enterprise such as that necessary for doing evil. i presume you chose this path as more lucrative than those usually open to people with sociology degrees, which is quite reasonable and probably also evil. i would like to know more about this, though: do you have a superhero nemisis? do you have minions? are costumes involved? given that you are clearly a trend-setter in this, are you giving back to your educational institution by setting up some sort of evil internship program? grants? work-study programs?

this is really an exciting new development. i look forward to seeing where you go with this.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9508

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouse:

Thank you for contacting us inquiring about our model for the use of sociology degrees for the sake of evil! As everyone knows, standard employment is simply not an option for sociologists, who now represent fully 67% of the entirety of persons engaged in evil empire and unrepentant supervillainy. Why is this? Well, despite people's expectations that bondvillainesque evil organizations would be helmed by persons of other fields, they often fail to have the personal toolset necessary to keep a highly indoctrinated and stringently expendable labor force of minions working productively in an environment of carefully tempered opportunistic greed balanced with obedient fear. To be perfectly honest, persons in other industries certainly seem more capable, but are not ex military types are unable to correctly assess macro-level institutional discipline, extravagant high-wealth playboys and royalty rarely manage to correctly filter out their patsies to prevent rank dissent, and super-scientists (despite being the most recognizable template for this sort of gig) are in practice unable to manage all the various interdisciplinary models for the creation of new horrific technology and the financing of their unspeakable purposes. In addition, all of these fields already nominally provide plenty of private opportunities outside of the supervillainy field and typically pay quite well. This leaves sociologists, who are blessed with a working understanding of both conflict and integrational models of sociocultural systems, and few legitimate job opportunities available to them. By nature, we have been forced into a life situation that makes us choose between forging the seeds of an island-based hegemony designed to extort the world, or PT at Starbucks. And fucking Betty won't stop switching up our hours, that fucking shit.

To say that the evil option is more lucrative is an understatement and a half!

As for superhero nemeses: none, we managed to get them all stuck in a position of extraordinary social movement paralysis, and they now mostly reside on tumblr trying to explain that their actions should not be construed as a white eurocentric patriarchal model of cis oppression, they just really wanted to stop that tanker from crashing into the powerplant. We have plenty of minions, but have taken a cue from our similarly diabolical state-side sister evil corporations and call them "Team Members" now, and have increased productivity via their encouraged participation in mid-level marketing systems. Costumes are absolutely involved, and no we are absolutely in no way giving back anything to society (of course).

As for seeing where we will be going with this, I have good news! If the United Nations does not follow our instructions to the letter, you and every other person on earth will be given a rather personal lesson in the implications of .. well, can't spoil all the surprises!

Forever Consumed by the Bitterness that Encircles my Fragile Ego,

Sam
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17175
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam:

i have always been impressed with your understanding of managing, indeed manipulating, people. i know many here have always assumed that dro would be the evil genius who destroys us all, given his scientific training and experience with dna stuff which is full of complicated terminology and evolutionary theory and clearly the work of the devil. but as you point out, constructing and managing a system which depends heavily on the work of faceless drones is critical to ultimate success. as, of course, is having a good psychologically-twisted back-story to motivate your hatred for humanity and desire for a terrible vengeance against us.

i know whatever horrific fate you have planned for us will be witty, apt, and will involve a forced re-examination of our most closely-held beliefs about the nature of society and the interactions between members of same (after crushing our curious and open sensibilities)

yrs grovelingly,

mouse
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3556
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
.The type of tonality I use is difficult to understand. It isn't easily represented online. I'm about 80% certain that's the real problem here.

If you sincerely think that this is the problem you a) change your communication style in order to be understood or b) accept you will be misunderstood and thought an asshole and stop playing martyr.

Any other response is either madness or being a dick. There is no third option regardless of the other party's motive, personality, or intent.


Recommend a book demonstrating a different style, and I'll read it.

And I'm not playing martyr, sinfest is the only forum where I've ever had this problem, and I never had this issue back at the keenspot sinfest forums, it only started cropping up over here, where there's a more serious atmosphere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
.The type of tonality I use is difficult to understand. It isn't easily represented online. I'm about 80% certain that's the real problem here.

If you sincerely think that this is the problem you a) change your communication style in order to be understood or b) accept you will be misunderstood and thought an asshole and stop playing martyr.

Any other response is either madness or being a dick. There is no third option regardless of the other party's motive, personality, or intent.


Recommend a book demonstrating a different style, and I'll read it.


Most of us don't learn communication through books, dude. The only way to learn is through observing others and copying them.

Every single person has trouble communicating online/through text. Everyone has to learn this shit. And it is done like you learn any language, you copy and adjust. There is no textbook, you just have to take lessons from whomever bothers to explain to you why what you said was wrong.

Which is actually why this whole idea of yours about people having to deal with it is so bizarre. As an analogy, it is like trying to learn a language but getting offended at people correcting your pronunciation or use of words. And then justifying that by saying that your pronunciation has always worked in your native language so what are people complaining about?

I've had to basically develop an alternate way of expressing myself online/in text, man. 50% of my normal communication is ironic, which is already problematic in the real world. But I've adjusted because I realize that if my purpose is communication it is my job to make myself clearly understood.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12187
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: also: are you hiring? Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
sam: personally, i am very impressed to learn that you have come up with a way to use your sociology degree for evil.

Yes, he has re-discovered the discipline of Marketing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3556
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
.The type of tonality I use is difficult to understand. It isn't easily represented online. I'm about 80% certain that's the real problem here.

If you sincerely think that this is the problem you a) change your communication style in order to be understood or b) accept you will be misunderstood and thought an asshole and stop playing martyr.

Any other response is either madness or being a dick. There is no third option regardless of the other party's motive, personality, or intent.


Recommend a book demonstrating a different style, and I'll read it.


Most of us don't learn communication through books, dude. The only way to learn is through observing others and copying them.

Every single person has trouble communicating online/through text. Everyone has to learn this shit. And it is done like you learn any language, you copy and adjust. There is no textbook, you just have to take lessons from whomever bothers to explain to you why what you said was wrong.

Which is actually why this whole idea of yours about people having to deal with it is so bizarre. As an analogy, it is like trying to learn a language but getting offended at people correcting your pronunciation or use of words. And then justifying that by saying that your pronunciation has always worked in your native language so what are people complaining about?

I've had to basically develop an alternate way of expressing myself online/in text, man. 50% of my normal communication is ironic, which is already problematic in the real world. But I've adjusted because I realize that if my purpose is communication it is my job to make myself clearly understood.


I'm reeeally not a hands on learner.. to the point where people have called me dense.

You sure there isn't a book out there?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4189
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Of course, no one reads the alt text. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
It started being a political feminist work around the same time that tat lost his girlfriend.

You're reading too much into this.

So all of this nonsense is because you are incapable of understanding what's wrong with this statement?
This hasn't got anything to do with "tonality" or your inability to convey your message. In fact I think it's pretty crystal clear. So no, it's not about your communication problems it's about, well this sums it up pretty well..

Thy Brilliance wrote:
We're not in the real world. Try again.


Indeed we are not. We are in the world where the entire feminist storyline of Sinfest is supposedly the result of Tat breaking up with his girlfriend. Now this kind of pseudo-psychology and ignorance isn't that rare, but I'd say that in this instance it's pretty much all in your head. People call you dense? People are right. I mean I would recommend you a simple feminism 101 but I'm afraid your problem goes a bit deeper than that.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3556
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Learn to english. Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
It started being a political feminist work around the same time that tat lost his girlfriend.

You're reading too much into this.

So all of this nonsense is because you are incapable of understanding what's wrong with this statement?
This hasn't got anything to do with "tonality" or your inability to convey your message. In fact I think it's pretty crystal clear. So no, it's not about your communication problems it's about, well this sums it up pretty well..

Thy Brilliance wrote:
We're not in the real world. Try again.


Indeed we are not. We are in the world where the entire feminist storyline of Sinfest is supposedly the result of Tat breaking up with his girlfriend. Now this kind of pseudo-psychology and ignorance isn't that rare, but I'd say that in this instance it's pretty much all in your head. People call you dense? People are right. I mean I would recommend you a simple feminism 101 but I'm afraid your problem goes a bit deeper than that.



It sounds like you're reading too much into my statement him.


I am quite literally stating events and times, not causes and effects.


For example, take the statement "Tat lost his virginity around the same time he started building that brick wall"

These are two independent events, two separate clauses.

Did tat losing his virginity have anything to do with building that brick wall?

No, they just fucking happened at the same time.


We don't have enough info to assert anything else.

We can only state facts that we know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4189
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Learn to english. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Him wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
It started being a political feminist work around the same time that tat lost his girlfriend.

You're reading too much into this.

So all of this nonsense is because you are incapable of understanding what's wrong with this statement?
This hasn't got anything to do with "tonality" or your inability to convey your message. In fact I think it's pretty crystal clear. So no, it's not about your communication problems it's about, well this sums it up pretty well..

Thy Brilliance wrote:
We're not in the real world. Try again.


Indeed we are not. We are in the world where the entire feminist storyline of Sinfest is supposedly the result of Tat breaking up with his girlfriend. Now this kind of pseudo-psychology and ignorance isn't that rare, but I'd say that in this instance it's pretty much all in your head. People call you dense? People are right. I mean I would recommend you a simple feminism 101 but I'm afraid your problem goes a bit deeper than that.



It sounds like you're reading too much into my statement him.


I am quite literally stating events and times, not causes and effects.


For example, take the statement "Tat lost his virginity around the same time he started building that brick wall"

These are two independent events, two separate clauses.

Did tat losing his virginity have anything to do with building that brick wall?

No, they just fucking happened at the same time.


We don't have enough info to assert anything else.

We can only state facts that we know.

So you are retracting your original statement? Ah but you're not, you're just squirming about as usual.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3556
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Lacanian principles couldn't hurt either. Reply with quote

Learn to English him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 23 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group