welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MRA 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: freeform exploration ain't dishonest. Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
I am quite literally stating events and times, not causes and effects.

Meanwhile, on page 18:

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Yo sam, only thing I did in this thread was post a perfectly benign and somewhat insightful comment about why tat started to think more about feminism in his comic strip.

Commenting about why he did something, but not discussing cause and effect. You truly are the king of gibbering intellectual dishonesty.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I'm only capable of stating facts. And that's exactly what I did.

Thy! Look at the words you posted. Look at how they are related to each other in tone and proximity.

You. Posted. An. Opinion.

Let's look at why it is received as an opinion!
A) Assumption of intent in the phrase "Tat started to think".
B) The use of the word "why".
C) Two ideas in close proximity to each other. Even IF everything you stated was a fact, putting them next to each other certainly shows that you think they are related.

IF you seriously don't know that, you must look at how you communicate.

Until then, you will continue to get antagonistic responses. And probably after that too.

A) isn't an opinion because it's obvious that tat turned his strip into a political feminist work. He HAD to have thought about it.

B) isn't an opinion; there are reasons why his work turned into a political feminist work; a sudden departure from his average strip can be observed.

C) isn't an opinion either. Correlation is not causation las. Even if I think something is related, that does not mean one event caused the other. A myriad of different factors is involved. The best I can possibly do is state what I know.

At least your response is serious and sincere.

Him's was just
Quote:
I agree with you, but I still hate you.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy, I know you keep selling this misunderstood martyr nonsense to yourself (much like dragonwriter before you), but nobody cares enough to hate you.

We just wish you'd stop posting.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: freeform exploration ain't dishonest. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
I am quite literally stating events and times, not causes and effects.

Meanwhile, on page 18:

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Yo sam, only thing I did in this thread was post a perfectly benign and somewhat insightful comment about why tat started to think more about feminism in his comic strip.

Commenting about why he did something, but not discussing cause and effect. You truly are the king of gibbering intellectual dishonesty.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I'm only capable of stating facts. And that's exactly what I did.

Thy! Look at the words you posted. Look at how they are related to each other in tone and proximity.

You. Posted. An. Opinion.

Let's look at why it is received as an opinion!
A) Assumption of intent in the phrase "Tat started to think".
B) The use of the word "why".
C) Two ideas in close proximity to each other. Even IF everything you stated was a fact, putting them next to each other certainly shows that you think they are related.

IF you seriously don't know that, you must look at how you communicate.

Until then, you will continue to get antagonistic responses. And probably after that too.

A) isn't an opinion because it's obvious that tat turned his strip into a political feminist work. He HAD to have thought about it.

B) isn't an opinion; there are reasons why his work turned into a political feminist work; a sudden departure from his average strip can be observed.

C) isn't an opinion either. Correlation is not causation las. Even if I think something is related, that does not mean one event caused the other. A myriad of different factors is involved. The best I can possibly do is state what I know.

Him's was just
Quote:

Ah, a new person!

I know how tempting it is to wade into discussion threads, but you should really go here http://www.sinfest.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4376 first, or at least soon! You should also consider reading some of the current discussion threads.

Welcome, newcommer to the forum!
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just so you guys know, the shit that started this whole shitty brouhaha was when he told me i was reading too much into this and said that sinfest went political feminist when tat broke up with his girlfriend. since then he's posted the cartoon he has apparently used as evidence for this statement of fact, but the cartoon does not substantiate what he is saying and he literally probably can't even understand that. You can even point this out to him and he will literally just get angry with you for having so much trouble with the facts, learn to english

like it's literally not even just about a difference of opinion. it's that he makes shit up and hedges when anyone does not trust in his presentation/interpretation of fact

and as a result any discussion like this is completely useless and you are talking to a brick.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

No it isn't an opinion that the strip has moved to a more politial and feminist work. It IS an opinion that it happened because he broke up with his girlfriend.

Quote:

Same thing as above (though better stated than part A) but same response.

Quote:

You phrased it as causation. It was received as causation. This means your intent was not communicated. This means you have to change your communication or risk being not understood (see my last response to you).

THEN, THEN! You went totally off the deep end defending ... something. I'm not even sure what. Your "right" to communicate the way you want and be understood automatically? It really comes off that way. Seriously. That is at least one reason why people have written you off. That is what they receive. You are at fault if you insist on communicating the same way to the same people and expecting a different response.

Quote:

Him's was just
Quote:

I'm being nice to you because I feel sorry for you. You don't seem to understand what other people are hearing from you and it seems to frustrate you. Trust me, it is frustrating to the rest of us too.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Tat's breaking up with his girlfriend was the impetus, I don't follow the, "My girlfriend broke up with me, therefore I am a feminist!"

Like...is that common now?

"Oh, you're such a horrible vile person! Because of you I have decided I respect all women!"

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - I like you stripypants and not just because of your stylish leg wear.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yay, thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tat's clearly trying to avenge the death of his relationship. Like Batman*, but feminist. He mostly just swoops in and corrects people when they default to male pronouns.

*I've been instructed to use "Batperson".
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batperson is not sensitive enough to otherkin/animalkin. Xir should use Batymkin
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds more like a category than an individual

brb founding the First Church of Batymkin
where everyone identifies spiritually with bats
it'll be great
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: trope subversion Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
just so you guys know, the shit that started this whole shitty brouhaha was when he told me i was reading too much into this and said that sinfest went political feminist when tat broke up with his girlfriend. since then he's posted the cartoon he has apparently used as evidence for this statement of fact, but the cartoon does not substantiate what he is saying and he literally probably can't even understand that. You can even point this out to him and he will literally just get angry with you for having so much trouble with the facts, learn to english

like it's literally not even just about a difference of opinion. it's that he makes shit up and hedges when anyone does not trust in his presentation/interpretation of fact

and as a result any discussion like this is completely useless and you are talking to a brick.

As you can see here, sam has no qualms about inciting mobs against me.

Quote:
the cartoon does not substantiate what he is saying and he literally probably can't even understand that.

See folks, this we call a malicious opinion.

Sam has a habit of posting every once in a while to repeat and reinforce these malicious opinions.

He does this to undermine thy.

If he was at all interested in ending this pointless discussion he should admit that he is an overreacting baby who is incapable of good will towards any who doubt or criticize him.

His ingenious solution to solving group conflicts?

By telling the opposing group to leave, much like how the US volunteer border patrol tells illegal immigrants to leave, through threats and violence.

He believes it is his right to defend his "property," even though it really isn't his.

He will literally get angry at you if you try to tell him this, almost as if you are talking to a brick wall.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit!
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:

No it isn't an opinion that the strip has moved to a more politial and feminist work. It IS an opinion that it happened because he broke up with his girlfriend.

Quote:

Same thing as above (though better stated than part A) but same response.

Quote:

You phrased it as causation. It was received as causation. This means your intent was not communicated. This means you have to change your communication or risk being not understood (see my last response to you).

THEN, THEN! You went totally off the deep end defending ... something. I'm not even sure what. Your "right" to communicate the way you want and be understood automatically? It really comes off that way. Seriously. That is at least one reason why people have written you off. That is what they receive. You are at fault if you insist on communicating the same way to the same people and expecting a different response.

Quote:

Him's was just
Quote:

I'm being nice to you because I feel sorry for you. You don't seem to understand what other people are hearing from you and it seems to frustrate you. Trust me, it is frustrating to the rest of us too.

Quote:
It IS an opinion that it happened because he broke up with his girlfriend.

I'm fairly certain I never said this.

Quote:
You phrased it as causation. It was received as causation.

This is a thing? Then how the hell do you phrase something as correlation?

Quote:
Your "right" to communicate the way you want and be understood automatically?

I've been communicating the only way I know how.

This posting style evolved from years of posting, everyone has their own little quirks.

I would really prefer finding a book about communication styles.

English isn't my first language, and I skipped some grades, so maybe I'm missing something basic, but I doubt it.
Him

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy: No, I'm very much not agreeing with you. If you don't understand what people are telling you, Las even went out of her way to explain it to you as plainly as possible, and if you're not even understanding what you are saying, although I think you're not being entirely honest here, maybe you need to learn to English, Thy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 25 of 34

Jump to: