welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MRA 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zhuinden



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 284

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: freeform exploration ain't dishonest. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

Quote:

You. Posted. An. Opinion.


I only state facts - this isn't an opinion because it's obvious that tat turned his strip into a political feminist work. He HAD to have thought about it.


Yes, just like how it is obvious that sexual assault is justified against women who wear provocative clothing, because it's OBVIOUS that you should expect attention, if you wear clothing that attracts attention.

So it's obviously a fact, and not my own personal opinion, because it's clearly obvious that it is obvious. Right? Right? No? Well you clearly just don't see my brilliance.

Conclusion: stop typing stupid shit being facts when you have no evidence for your statement. It's what you THINK, based on what you know and also ASSUME, therefore it's a hypothesis, or an opinion. But definitely not a fact.


Last edited by Zhuinden on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TIAB



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 683

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batymkin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5189
Location: No.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batymkin!

I'll begin the blood ritual.
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9458

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His ingenious solution to solving group conflicts?

By telling the opposing group to leave, much like how the US volunteer border patrol tells illegal immigrants to leave, through threats and violence.


Yeah, yeah, forget about me for a minute. You can vacillate all day with me between calling me a baby incapable of good will, accusing me ridiculously of nonexistent "threats" and saying I have no reason why I can't be friends with you it's such a shame etc

But what about Dennis? Where I'm telling you to leave because I literally see no point in expecting you to change and grew real tired long ago of your shitty insane behavior that you are unable or unwilling to change or acknowledge, he's telling you to leave because he legitimately cares about you as a person in a few ultimately noble ways and he's flat one hundred fucking percent correct when he says you should go and that this place is not good for you.

Talk to Border Patrol Dennis. Don't talk to me. You already know what my position re: you is. I am a person who once had literally no ill will towards you and you did your absolute best to fix that. I wonder if you even remember how, seeing as you Start Each New Day Fresh and refuse to Be A Static Being and think that your history with people shouldn't be something they can hold you accountable for in the present. Or whatev.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10261
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: trope subversion Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sam wrote:
just so you guys know, the shit that started this whole shitty brouhaha was when he told me i was reading too much into this and said that sinfest went political feminist when tat broke up with his girlfriend. since then he's posted the cartoon he has apparently used as evidence for this statement of fact, but the cartoon does not substantiate what he is saying and he literally probably can't even understand that. You can even point this out to him and he will literally just get angry with you for having so much trouble with the facts, learn to english

like it's literally not even just about a difference of opinion. it's that he makes shit up and hedges when anyone does not trust in his presentation/interpretation of fact

and as a result any discussion like this is completely useless and you are talking to a brick.


As you can see here, sam has no qualms about inciting mobs against me.



Quote:
the cartoon does not substantiate what he is saying and he literally probably can't even understand that.


See folks, this we call a malicious opinion.

Sam has a habit of posting every once in a while to repeat and reinforce these malicious opinions.

He does this to undermine thy.

If he was at all interested in ending this pointless discussion he should admit that he is an overreacting baby who is incapable of good will towards any who doubt or criticize him.

His ingenious solution to solving group conflicts?

By telling the opposing group to leave, much like how the US volunteer border patrol tells illegal immigrants to leave, through threats and violence.

He believes it is his right to defend his "property," even though it really isn't his.

He will literally get angry at you if you try to tell him this, almost as if you are talking to a brick wall.

This is just wow.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LET ME TUCK YOU IN. NIGH NIGH THY THY.
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Quote:
His ingenious solution to solving group conflicts?

By telling the opposing group to leave, much like how the US volunteer border patrol tells illegal immigrants to leave, through threats and violence.


Yeah, yeah, forget about me for a minute. You can vacillate all day with me between calling me a baby incapable of good will, accusing me ridiculously of nonexistent "threats" and saying I have no reason why I can't be friends with you it's such a shame etc

But what about Dennis? Where I'm telling you to leave because I literally see no point in expecting you to change and grew real tired long ago of your shitty insane behavior that you are unable or unwilling to change or acknowledge, he's telling you to leave because he legitimately cares about you as a person in a few ultimately noble ways and he's flat one hundred fucking percent correct when he says you should go and that this place is not good for you.

Talk to Border Patrol Dennis. Don't talk to me. You already know what my position re: you is. I am a person who once had literally no ill will towards you and you did your absolute best to fix that. I wonder if you even remember how, seeing as you Start Each New Day Fresh and refuse to Be A Static Being and think that your history with people shouldn't be something they can hold you accountable for in the present. Or whatev.


Dennis is the good cop to your bad cop, and I'm the wrongfully accused perp.

I truly believe that with enough discourse, any problem can be worked out.

And it makes me furious to see some people aren't willing to do that.

You hold these positions not because you actually believe them, it is because it is too much work to change them.

Does my history with you make my statements any less true? NO.

All you have of me right now sam, is your perception of me. THAT ISN'T THE REAL ME, don't you get it?

I'M AN IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO DESCRIBING ANYTHING.

I FREQUENTLY HAVE PROBLEMS FINDING THE RIGHT WORDS TO RELAY MEANING. THIS CAUSES SO MANY ISSUES.

MY PROSE AND MANNERISMS HAVE EVOLVED FROM THAT.

I think you're a cool guy sam, but I just don't know how to react to that attitude of yours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10261
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sam wrote:
Quote:
His ingenious solution to solving group conflicts?

By telling the opposing group to leave, much like how the US volunteer border patrol tells illegal immigrants to leave, through threats and violence.


Yeah, yeah, forget about me for a minute. You can vacillate all day with me between calling me a baby incapable of good will, accusing me ridiculously of nonexistent "threats" and saying I have no reason why I can't be friends with you it's such a shame etc

But what about Dennis? Where I'm telling you to leave because I literally see no point in expecting you to change and grew real tired long ago of your shitty insane behavior that you are unable or unwilling to change or acknowledge, he's telling you to leave because he legitimately cares about you as a person in a few ultimately noble ways and he's flat one hundred fucking percent correct when he says you should go and that this place is not good for you.

Talk to Border Patrol Dennis. Don't talk to me. You already know what my position re: you is. I am a person who once had literally no ill will towards you and you did your absolute best to fix that. I wonder if you even remember how, seeing as you Start Each New Day Fresh and refuse to Be A Static Being and think that your history with people shouldn't be something they can hold you accountable for in the present. Or whatev.


Dennis is the good cop to your bad cop, and I'm the wrongfully accused perp.

I truly believe that with enough discourse, any problem can be worked out.

And it makes me furious to see some people aren't willing to do that.

You hold these positions not because you actually believe them, it is because it is too much work to change them.

Does my history with you make my statements any less true? NO.

All you have of me right now sam, is your perception of me. THAT ISN'T THE REAL ME, don't you get it?

I'M AN IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO DESCRIBING ANYTHING.

I FREQUENTLY HAVE PROBLEMS FINDING THE RIGHT WORDS TO RELAY MEANING. THIS CAUSES SO MANY ISSUES.

MY PROSE AND MANNERISMS HAVE EVOLVED FROM THAT.

I think you're a cool guy sam, but I just don't know how to react to that attitude of yours. . . Sam continues to reminisce about how he came to be self-sufficient by living off the plants and animals he finds on his grandfather's abandoned farm. He finds a hollow tree and decides to make it his home. Remembering how Native Americans used fire to create dugout canoes, he uses fire to make the interior of the hollow tree bigger. One day, while Sam is chopping an ash tree to make a bed, an old woman named Mrs. Thomas Fiedler forces him to help her pick strawberries. Seeing a peregrine falcon hunting for its prey, Sam decides he wants a falcon as a hunting bird.

Sam returns to town to get a haircut, and reads up on falconry at the local public library. He camps near a cliff for several days to learn the location of a peregrine falcon nest, and steals a chick from the nest while the mother bird attacks him. He names the bird Frightful, because of the difficult time he had getting the nestling. A short time later, Sam is forced to hide in the woods for two days. A forest ranger, spotting the smoke from Sam's cooking fire, came to investigate what he believed was a forest fire. The ranger lingers near Sam's home overnight, but leaves after believing that whoever started the fire must have left the place. . .

He makes a box trap to catch animals to eat, but ends up catching a weasel instead. Sam calls the weasel The Baron for the regal way the animal moves about the hollowed-out treehouse. Realizing winter is coming, Sam wants to kill a deer so he can make a door for his home. He learns how to smoke meat to preserve it for winter, and how to tan hides. When a poacher illegally kills a deer, Sam hides the carcass from the hunter so he can use it for food, a door, and a new pair of clothes. Sam remembers how he tanned the hide using a hollow tree stump and various plants. He also avoids townspeople who wander near his home by hiding in the woods. Sam trains Frightful to hunt, and the bird proves very good at it. Sam prepares for winter by hunting frogs, pheasants, rabbits, and sparrows; preserving wild grains and tubers; smoking fish and meat; and preparing storage spaces by hollowing out the trunks of trees. Finding another poached deer, Sam makes himself deerskin clothing to replace his worn-out city clothes. Sam notices a raccoon digging for mussels in the creek, and he learns how to hunt for shellfish. Sam names the raccoon Jesse Coon James, because it looks like a bandit and reminds him of the legendary outlaw Jesse James. . .

Shortly after befriending the raccoon, Sam hears sirens nearby. When he returns to his treehouse home, he finds a man there. At first, Sam believes the man is a criminal, and nicknames him "Bando" (a shortened version of "bandit"). But the man is a professor of English literature, and is merely lost. He is surprised to find Sam, and gives Sam the nickname "Thoreau". Bando spends 10 days with Sam, building a raft to take them downstream to catch fish. He gives Sam 10 pounds of sugar and teaches him to make jam. He also shows Sam how to make a whistle out of a willow branch. Bando also tries to make clay pots. Bando departs, and they agree that Sam will come to town at Christmas to visit with Bando.

Sam remembers how, as winter came closer, he realized he needed to make a clay fireplace to keep his home warm. Sam steals two more dead deer from local hunters to make winter clothes, begins rapidly storing as many fruits and nuts as he can (trying desperately to get to them before the squirrels do), and builds his fireplace. Sam almost dies, however, after he insulates his treehouse home too well. His fire generates too much carbon monoxide and not enough oxygen can get inside the treehouse. Frightful becomes sick with CO poisoning and warns Sam, who barely gets out alive. Sam puts ventilation holes in the walls of his treehouse to admit more fresh air. Sam feels lonely during Halloween, and makes a party for his animal friends—which goes badly when the animals start stealing his provisions. He tries to go into town to visit the library again, but is forced to climb a tree and stay there all day to avoid being discovered by hunters. He obtains two more deer; their carcases freeze in the winter cold, so he does not need to smoke them.

Sam remembers how he went into town just before Christmas to meet Bando again. Sam gets a haircut, meets another teenage boy (Tom Sidler) who ridicules Sam's appearance, observes the townspeople shopping for Christmas, and reunites with his friend Bando. Bando shows Sam many newspaper articles about the "wild boy" living in the forest. Sam returns to his treehouse home. On Christmas Day, Sam gets a surprise: Sam's father has come to visit. Sam is overjoyed to see his father again, and the two have a Christmas dinner of venison together. Sam's father is greatly relieved to find that Sam is doing just fine.


There ya go, fix'd that for ya.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12077
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy, you're not The Victim Here.
Hell, I haven't seen that guy in months!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:


Dennis is the good cop to your bad cop, and I'm the wrongfully accused perp.


If you just confess to the murder we will totally get you a lenient sentence, thy.

Quote:
I truly believe that with enough discourse, any problem can be worked out.

I am a believer in this. But your discourse has made me doubt it.

Quote:
And it makes me furious to see some people aren't willing to do that.

Yes. You make me furious too.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finnegan



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 1080
Location: in that cool mountain air, on an appalachian trail

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Thy, you're not The Victim Here.
Hell, I haven't seen that guy in months!

he tends to show up in the postwhoring thread from time to time.
_________________
Formerly Green_Finn

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad


Last edited by Finnegan on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Wheels is the wacky cop! The one who uses humour to distract from messy divorce and the fact he shot a kid! This is fun!

Although the metaphor falls apart when we keep trying to get you out of the jail and you keep trying to come up with weird reasons for us to keep you inside. Does Mr Big know what you did, Thy? Are Russo and Frank going to wack you if you're not under police protection?
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zhuinden



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 284

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should also just be offensively aggressive with malicious insults just so at least the person it is addressed to will bother to read and reply.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3276

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
Maybe I should also just be offensively aggressive with malicious insults just so at least the person it is addressed to will bother to read and reply.


So you see how that became the standard then?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zhuinden



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 284

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:
Maybe I should also just be offensively aggressive with malicious insults just so at least the person it is addressed to will bother to read and reply.


So you see how that became the standard then?


Yes.



Thy Brilliance you are a cocksucking shitmagnet and you should definitely read my post so you'll actually see how much of a dickwag you're being, instead of lingering around hoping to get forgiveness for your incapability to phrase any valid thoughts in a concise, straight to the point and meaningful manner.

I'll even quote it for you, just so you won't get the chance to whine about how you can't even find my only slightly lengthy comment in this entire thread.


Quote:

Quote:
I only state facts - this isn't an opinion because it's obvious that tat turned his strip into a political feminist work. He HAD to have thought about it.



Yes, just like how it is obvious that sexual assault is justified against women who wear provocative clothing, because it's OBVIOUS that you should expect attention, if you wear clothing that attracts attention.

So it's obviously a fact, and not my own personal opinion, because it's clearly obvious that it is obvious. Right? Right? No? Well you clearly just don't see my brilliance.

Conclusion: stop typing stupid shit being facts when you have no evidence for your statement. It's what you THINK, based on what you know and also ASSUME, therefore it's a hypothesis, or an opinion. But definitely not a fact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 26 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group