welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-22: Rage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibson22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Chicken Little Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
That is, I don't expect people say it because they want Tat to actually offer solutions. I think they say it because they want him to stop talking about things that make them uncomfortable.

Actually, yeah, you are definitely right on that.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, time to fire up the old bingo game.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Spade wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:
Today's strip is obviously about Squigly's hopeless quest to lose his virginity

He can't even lose it mechanically Crying or Very sad

Someone get this pig a fleshlight.

That is not quite the same now, is it? Sad
Psiwrite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Chicken Little Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Yeah, but my point was asking Tat to offer solutions is, again, asking a lot of a comic strip artist. He doesn't have to have solutions just because he sees there's a problem.

Just a thought - maybe we can ask a lot about this comic strip artist because he has a whole thriving community of some meatheads, some fairly predictable trolls, some very unpredictable and quite impressive trolls, and a significant quantity of intelligent, capricious individuals capable of coming up with very decent arguments to back up their ideas.

No one asked Bill Watterson to save society, but he didn't have as much of a think tank as Tat does.
knappetroll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Chicken Little Reply with quote

Guu wrote:
OK, the sky is falling. Got it. Now what can we do about it? Or is this just going to be a constant whine fest about how unfair everything is for women? Can you please stop making the point and try to come up with some solutions through your characters that are more productive than impotent rage and finger pointing? We GET IT already! Or is it that you have no solutions and just enjoy the complaining and have a handy medium to vent?

And what about men who want things to be fair? How can we best go about it? Also, how much of this inequality (perceived or otherwise) a result of biology and nature? Worse, how much is enabled by the behavior of some women themselves? The door swings both ways here and this is turning into a straw man fest. I am immediately suspicious of conspiracy theories and perhaps I'm witnessing one here...?

...Not sure if satire or serious...
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Chicken Little Reply with quote

Guu wrote:
OK, the sky is falling. Got it. Now what can we do about it? Or is this just going to be a constant whine fest about how unfair everything is for women? Can you please stop making the point and try to come up with some solutions through your characters that are more productive than impotent rage and finger pointing? We GET IT already! Or is it that you have no solutions and just enjoy the complaining and have a handy medium to vent?

a) yes, having a webcomic you have lovingly produced for fifteen years is a very handy medium to vent. You and Forlorn Devil are the same sort of rambling douche -- you accuse Tat of pulling a bait and switch, of selling you one thing but actually delivering another, and it is so ridiculously self-centred to try to reprimand him for using his comic as a medium to discuss whatever the fuck he wants to discuss.

Surely the whole fucking point of him staying independent and producing it for free is that he can use it as a handy medium to vent?

Guu wrote:
And what about men who want things to be fair? How can we best go about it? Also, how much of this inequality (perceived or otherwise) a result of biology and nature? Worse, how much is enabled by the behavior of some women themselves? The door swings both ways here and this is turning into a straw man fest. I am immediately suspicious of conspiracy theories and perhaps I'm witnessing one here...?

b) You are clearly not a man who wants things to be fair, and I'm not just saying that because you implied you were and then doubled down with one sentence about how nature makes us unequal and another about how women bring it all on themselves.

You clearly have no interest in equality because you are only interested in hammering on about yourself.

Your trolling is bland, and if you aren't trolling, you're so brutally narcissistic that by the time you read this you most likely will have been swallowed by your own anus anyway.

Anyway, nice straw man fest everyone, glad to witness the conspiracy theory elipse elipse.
Mercian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensible move, Squig. Femmy is an angry woman and if you don't have the skills or inclination to engage with her in a non-douchey way, strategic withdrawal is probably your best option. Now if Slick runs into her again, I could see this scene going down very differently, ending with Slick wearing his own arse as a hat...

Actually, I'd really like to see Femmy find Curly. When 'Nique's eyes were opened, she was able to handle the revelation in a more sophisticated way than Femmy. Femmy might need a bit more than just 'here is a new perspective'...
WellYesYouMay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
OK Squig, so just treat her like something that does NOT exist solely for male pleasure. Rage protocols not activated, crisis averted. This should not be so difficult.

Oh yes this this this this this.
That's all I have to say. I haven't had my coffee yet.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, all they did was have a conversation. So Squig made a rather clueless remark. Exactly how often does Squig not do that?

I'm reminded of the fact that even while she was a normal Fembot (so to speak), Slick apparently didn't have sex with her, even though one might reasonably presume that's one of the major selling points of having a Fembot.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4541

He refused to "take advantage" of her even though she was constructed more or less for the express purpose of being "taken advantage" of. That ought to win him a few points with somebody, anyway.

Of course, Slick's "mistake" in that strip was to give a darn about what Curly said or thought in the first place.

"Fake."
(calling after her) "Yeah, like that hair is real! At least I don't waste my time running a booth that doesn't even sell anything!"
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Night Spade wrote:
I hope she has more than just rage or that will be just as empty an existance as being a sex-slave was.

She only said that her "pleasure protocol" was supplanted with rage. So, she's only taken over by rage so far as she was previously controlled by the "pleasure protocol."

I don't think she's lost much there.

Though I do hope she gains more than that, if she didn't already come with more.
Only if you look at the above post and click on the strip in it she was all about the man pleasing. So is she now all about the man-hating? Maybe, maybe not, she only threatened that club employee, she didn't oputright attack him and even then only because she was hungry and he tried to stop her from feeding. And this strip can be seen as her warning off Squigs, certainly not assaulting him.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken Little Reply with quote

Psiwrite wrote:
Just a thought - maybe we can ask a lot about this comic strip artist because he has a whole thriving community of some meatheads, some fairly predictable trolls, some very unpredictable and quite impressive trolls, and a significant quantity of intelligent, capricious individuals capable of coming up with very decent arguments to back up their ideas.

No one asked Bill Watterson to save society, but he didn't have as much of a think tank as Tat does.

That makes a lot of assumptions about the nature of the relationship between Tat and his fans. If Justin Beiber has fans who are nuclear physicists... etc, etc. It's not like we get beers with him on Tuesdays and break down the news together. The most interaction most of us have with him is when someone reports a spam thread/user and he deletes it/them without comment. People assume he reads the forum, but we don't have any direct evidence of that. So... we're more like fans in the stands than a think tank.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think asking the people who constantly and consistently whine on the forums about the feminist themes to go somewhere else rather than annoying us all with the constant stream of mental diarrhea that dribbles out the bottom of their skull isn't really all that much to ask either.

YET Y'ALL ARE STILL HERE.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
He refused to "take advantage" of her even though she was constructed more or less for the express purpose of being "taken advantage" of. That ought to win him a few points with somebody, anyway.

1) We don't know that explicitly, but boy does it put a whole new squicky spin on the nature of fembot ownership, hmm?

2) I don't think "refused" is the right word there. At all. If anything, he hadn't gotten around to trying. Maybe if he had, he would have been paralyzed with not knowing what to do, or feeling like the ownership relationship was hollow or something, but he never got there. "Refused" is the wrong word. "Didn't jump to immediately," yes.
Twenty-Fifth Night

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken Little Reply with quote

Psiwrite wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Yeah, but my point was asking Tat to offer solutions is, again, asking a lot of a comic strip artist. He doesn't have to have solutions just because he sees there's a problem.

No one asked Bill Watterson to save society... and yet perhaps he did!
However, the Sinfest community is not so much a think tank as a brain toaster.
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken Little Reply with quote

Twenty-Fifth Night wrote:
Psiwrite wrote:
Dogen wrote:

No one asked Bill Watterson to save society... and yet perhaps he did!
However, the Sinfest community is not so much a think tank as a brain toaster.

I know I'm crispy and full of warm feelings but I have a nagging feeling in the back of my head that you meant that as a insult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: