welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-06-26 Women Only Space
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vector010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: 2013-06-26 Women Only Space Reply with quote

Maybe God is really a woman?

I'm gonna sing the doom song now. Doom dee doom doom doom...
Night Spade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: 2013-06-26 Women Only Space Reply with quote

vector010 wrote:

I know that Jesus has one but to paraphrase Captain Kirk, "What does a God need for a penis?"

Also if the girls kick God out, when they die, they might very well find themselves in a girls only spot in Hell.
vector010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2013-06-26 Women Only Space Reply with quote

Night Spade wrote:
vector010 wrote:

I know that Jesus has one but to paraphrase Captain Kirk, "What does a God need for a penis?"

Also if the girls kick God out, when they die, they might very well find themselves in a girls only spot in Hell.

Well, one would assume that an omnipotent deity could be whatever gender or lack thereof that they damn well pleased... Which would be a downright awesome power to have.

Rothide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And technically he is most likely "above" international law, so pretty much he can do whatever he damnwell pleases.

Either way, why limit god to a gender, even feminists don't want it to be binary. Why can't he be above gender.
vector010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
And technically he is most likely "above" international law, so pretty much he can do whatever he damnwell pleases.

Either way, why limit god to a gender, even feminists don't want it to be binary. Why can't he be above gender.

Well, if God was above gender then the "YOU TOO, BRO" would be wrong (unless someone wants to make some weird argument that 'bro' is gender neutral), but the exclusion of God would still apply... After all, it is a WOMEN ONLY space. That would exclude everyone save that single gender if you were all strict and technical about it.

Motorcycle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the double standard here: Since it's girl's excluding males it's perfectly fine. If it was guy's setting up a No Gal Zone they'd be labeled as sexist pigs.....
Rothide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vector010 wrote:
Rothide wrote:

Well, if God was above gender then the "YOU TOO, BRO" would be wrong (unless someone wants to make some weird argument that 'bro' is gender neutral), but the exclusion of God would still apply... After all, it is a WOMEN ONLY space. That would exclude everyone save that single gender if you were all strict and technical about it.

Hmm... though, what would stop him from just saying "I Identify as a woman?"
Rothide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
Loving the double standard here: Since it's girl's excluding males it's perfectly fine. If it was guy's setting up a No Gal Zone they'd be labeled as sexist pigs.....

To paraphrase Freud, "Sometimes a gender club is just a gender club."
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*meanwhile God goes and changes puppets*

Smile
Arthain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"God is often conceived as the supreme being and principal object of faith.[1] In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe. In deism, God is the creator (but not the sustainer) of the universe. In pantheism, God is the universe itself. Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the many different conceptions of God. Common among these are omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence."

That's a quote I took from Wikipedia, it's not a perfect definition of God but it comes close and covers multiple religions.

Considering that God in Sinfest is based mostly on the Biblical version of God. There's always been a sort of 'father/son' relationship between him and Jesus it's probably safe to go with that version of it which WOULD make God a man.

Unfortunately it would also make him omnipresence... He can't go anywhere because he IS everywhere, all at once, at the same time. To not be there, to be somewhere else, would basically make him cease to exist as a God.

In other words what that little female supremacist zealot told God to do was to go kill himself.

Besides, what Xanthe did was basically just walk on someone's lawn, hammer down a sign and told the owner to get lost. She doesn't actually have the right to do what she just did.
Maynar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW THEY'VE GONE TOO FAR!

bahahahahahah!
Maswartz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? they're telling god to get out? I know other characters in the past have mocked and insulted him but seriously?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting kind of tired of this group. Xanthe et al are cool when they're out being badass but this sort of strip isn't very interesting.

Maswartz wrote:
really? they're telling god to get out? I know other characters in the past have mocked and insulted him but seriously?

There's nothing wrong with asking the random creep in a handpuppet to leave.

Arthain: your theology is bad and you should feel bad.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conversation about this strip is not at all repetative or ill informed or anything. But since I'm so ill educated and lacking in the knowledge of all things happy 1950s gender roles, I'm just gonna leave this poem here.

Good ol' boys clubs.
Oh how they exist.
And tiny women spaces,
How they have to be made.

Everybody sit in the living room with me.
Watch me while I watch exciting TV.

Why do people have their own rooms?
Without me?
I pick good channels!

Everyone out here, now!
I own this house!
You have to hang with me -
Where I like to be,
Where I like to speak.

Oh, and while you're up -

Make me a sandwich, dammit.
Or an asswhich.
I don't care which.
Just do it,
Don't be uppity.

I can see your shoes in the corner just fine.
So don't tell me I can't tell what it's like in them -
My imagination's not broken.

I know how it feels when you walk away from me.

Your head is broken and full of lies.
But I'll wait till you realize,
And then you'll come round again,
So we can watch the Price is Right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I'm getting kind of tired of this group. Xanthe et al are cool when they're out being badass but this sort of strip isn't very interesting.

Maswartz wrote:

There's nothing wrong with asking the random creep in a handpuppet to leave.

Arthain: your theology is bad and you should feel bad.

Hahaha, reminds me of the Penny Arcade strip where Tycho explains that him celebrating christmas is like crashing a guys brithday party, stealing his gifts and then telling the person celebrating his birthday he doesn't exist.

And seriously, he's omnipresent, they can ignore him but they can't get rid of him.[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: