welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-07-08: Women Only Space 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Sorry to post from one forum to another, but honestly I think you guys Have to see this foolishness :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9423503300

Dickhead completely ignores that the basis of gaming males or females were looked down upon in it's early days, it wasn't a Men only place, that was just a foolish misconception as most games were and are marketed at men.

And it hasn't been just women who jumped on the Bandwagon, it's EVERYONE, the guys that beat up the 'geeks' in Elementary and Junior High for being a Game nerd are the same jerks who now spam obscenities on Xbox live playing Call of Duty about peoples Mothers.

Gaming was never a Male only area, girls have played just as long as we have and any conception that they haven't 'earned' their place is just sick.

Sorry for the random rant it just felt appropriate in a thread dealing with Sex Restricted Areas. Smile


::Me reading that WoW post::



Fucking seriously?

I know I have differing opinions from most of the people that frequent this board, but truly, fuck this guy.

Games are gender neutral, as long as you like them everyone should be allowed to do anything with them.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Rothide wrote:
aboutwhistles wrote:
Oh, you mean the way patriarchal men, colonialist countries and everyone in the upper tiers of the kyriarchy have been doing for decades?


If that involves drawing a weapon on an unarmed man for the most minor of offenses then yes exactly like that...


Who is invading their clearly marked peaceful/private space.

Do you object to bouncers who are there to eject rule-breakers from clubs? Just having some muscle, and willingness to use it, behind you can have a huge dissuading effect on people who would otherwise take advantage, even if you'd rather use the diplomacy you also have at your disposal. Good cop, bad cop.

"But wahhh, wahhh, girls and oppressed people aren't supposed to be mean! They're supposed to use the nice way all the time! Not being nice is to get what they want breaks the way my world works! It makes me face unpleasantness in my interactions with them!"

Bite me.


Yes you enter into a private space, your expected to leave, if a person goes into a VIP section, or at least into the club without permission, it is the bouncers right to tell him to leave. It ISN'T the bouncers right to pull a club on him for the first time he did it. Yes if he gives his case, still told no, and continues to resist then use force. This girl goes for force at the first second.

To me it would be like a cop pulling a gun on a guy for going 5 miles over the speed limit. "Hey he was breaking a rule, though!" wouldn't be a good excuse.

Edit: Unless you are saying that this field with the small sign "women zone" is liken to a military base, where unlawful entry is always with force. Or that slick has a weapon that we cannot see from this angle, someone entering with a weapon should and would be greeted with force.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6053
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawberrycocoa wrote:
This may be completely random and I am probably waaaay off, but the way Xanthe's shades are drawn here, in much the same way Slick's shades get when he is having a Power Moment, and considering they both are similar-aged blondes who wear shades constantly, I am starting to get a wild speculation of seperated-at-birth from this strip. Long lost twin, maybe?

(caveat: wild speculation, circumstantial evidence, yadda yadda)


inb4 Tat pulls the ol' Luke and Leia on them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercian



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 86

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
merest wrote:
My knowledge on it is fairly limited, too - a year and a bit of amateurish staff use in tai chi, years ago. Though I can still do the flourishes, and basic swings. I take your point about precise, jabbing blows being a viable alternative to swinging it overhead or from the side. Only her foremost hand seems to grip the staff from undernearth, rather than overhand, as in your exemplar-image. I just ran the comic past someone I know who has some skill in martial arts, and she said it seemed viable, but was 'inefficient.'


Might be an East vs West thing. The book I read (The Cane As A Weapon) was written based largely on European-style fencing guards, Quarterstaff use, and bayonet fighting (it also advocates the use the middle of the staff to knock opponents down). I know that Tambo. Hanbō, and the Eskrima disciplines put more emphasis on swings (especially with the Tambo being a one-handed weapon).


Ooh - it sounds a bit like Bartitsu... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcz9SedpbG0

http://lacannevigny.wordpress.com/pierre-vigny/the-defeat-of-the-hooligan/ I just like the word 'hooligan' Also women kicking arse with an umbrella.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Strawberrycocoa wrote:
This may be completely random and I am probably waaaay off, but the way Xanthe's shades are drawn here, in much the same way Slick's shades get when he is having a Power Moment, and considering they both are similar-aged blondes who wear shades constantly, I am starting to get a wild speculation of seperated-at-birth from this strip. Long lost twin, maybe?

(caveat: wild speculation, circumstantial evidence, yadda yadda)


inb4 Tat pulls the ol' Luke and Leia on them


And just like the films, its going to make Miss Magenta's old stuff she drew kinda squeamish to look at.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strawberrycocoa



Joined: 08 Apr 2013
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
And just like the films, its going to make Miss Magenta's old stuff she drew kinda squeamish to look at.


Well now I'm just curious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1844
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
inb4 Tat pulls the ol' Luke and Leia on them


And just like the films, its going to make Miss Magenta's old stuff she drew kinda squeamish to look at.


wait ... hasn't slick sort of implied that hes more than ok with incest

based on the fact that he's asked the devil for hot mother/daughter action before...

Strawberrycocoa wrote:
Well now I'm just curious.


laughs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Rothide wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
inb4 Tat pulls the ol' Luke and Leia on them


And just like the films, its going to make Miss Magenta's old stuff she drew kinda squeamish to look at.


wait ... hasn't slick sort of implied that hes more than ok with incest

based on the fact that he's asked the devil for hot mother/daughter action before...

Strawberrycocoa wrote:
Well now I'm just curious.


laughs


That may be his fetish, fetish and reality shouldn't hold the same weight.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1844
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, i definitely agree but like,

if he actually legitimately asked the devil to provide him with mother/daughter action - with like, no specification whether its real or not (d-man's comment of it "not being feasible" makes it seem to me like he wanted to see the real deal in person but thats just me) it being combined with the very hypothetical possibility of him having a twin sister that he wasn't ever raised to actually see as his sister - and he's like, 20, so if they've been separated their entire lives i doubt hes really going to suddenly think of her as being his sister even if he finds out and is consciously aware of it - so its definitely something to be Slightly Concerned about

in this hypothetical scenario i mean, in real time i dont think anyone should Genuinely Give A Shit
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
Strawberrycocoa wrote:
This may be completely random and I am probably waaaay off, but the way Xanthe's shades are drawn here, in much the same way Slick's shades get when he is having a Power Moment, and considering they both are similar-aged blondes who wear shades constantly, I am starting to get a wild speculation of seperated-at-birth from this strip. Long lost twin, maybe?

(caveat: wild speculation, circumstantial evidence, yadda yadda)


inb4 Tat pulls the ol' Luke and Leia on them


And just like the films, its going to make Miss Magenta's old stuff she drew kinda squeamish to look at.


Speak for yourself, if indeed they are brother and sister i plan to ship them more . Just like with Luke and Leia. Actually, what I really shipped was as a Luke/Leia/Han triad but the "revelation", which I still believe Lucas pulled out of his ass because he wasn't a competant enough writer to resolve the triangle otherwise, certainly didn't stop me.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 719

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Rothide wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
inb4 Tat pulls the ol' Luke and Leia on them


And just like the films, its going to make Miss Magenta's old stuff she drew kinda squeamish to look at.


wait ... hasn't slick sort of implied that hes more than ok with incest

based on the fact that he's asked the devil for hot mother/daughter action before...

Strawberrycocoa wrote:
Well now I'm just curious.


laughs


*Sees these for the first time*

Oh god I love this pairing now.

Also your art is awesome.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3715
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Rune wrote:
Rothide wrote:
aboutwhistles wrote:
Oh, you mean the way patriarchal men, colonialist countries and everyone in the upper tiers of the kyriarchy have been doing for decades?


If that involves drawing a weapon on an unarmed man for the most minor of offenses then yes exactly like that...


Who is invading their clearly marked peaceful/private space.

Do you object to bouncers who are there to eject rule-breakers from clubs? Just having some muscle, and willingness to use it, behind you can have a huge dissuading effect on people who would otherwise take advantage, even if you'd rather use the diplomacy you also have at your disposal. Good cop, bad cop.

"But wahhh, wahhh, girls and oppressed people aren't supposed to be mean! They're supposed to use the nice way all the time! Not being nice is to get what they want breaks the way my world works! It makes me face unpleasantness in my interactions with them!"

Bite me.


Yes you enter into a private space, your expected to leave, if a person goes into a VIP section, or at least into the club without permission, it is the bouncers right to tell him to leave. It ISN'T the bouncers right to pull a club on him for the first time he did it. Yes if he gives his case, still told no, and continues to resist then use force. This girl goes for force at the first second.

To me it would be like a cop pulling a gun on a guy for going 5 miles over the speed limit. "Hey he was breaking a rule, though!" wouldn't be a good excuse.

Edit: Unless you are saying that this field with the small sign "women zone" is liken to a military base, where unlawful entry is always with force. Or that slick has a weapon that we cannot see from this angle, someone entering with a weapon should and would be greeted with force.


It is genuinely surreal how you pick and choose what is allowed to be a comic and what must adhere to the real world, usually to push forward some kind of weird, unclear agenda.

Like... you endow one level of reality on the sign in this strip so you can defend Slick and say the sisterhood are over reacting -- which by the way you did in a hilariously paternalistic way so good job -- but then you accept the comic features a talking pig, or books that fight, or the Devil bomfs women into devil girls.

But then with this strip, and others that you and other knobs leap on you force this weird level of reality on to it. Its like a cop pulling a gun! Slick might be hiding a weapon! GWAAAAAAAAA

Its nothing unusual for dipshits to hold a creator to a weird high standard and be constantly moving the goal posts on them, re: Arthain's paternal finger waggle and alleged departure, but its fucking frustrating to see you make these posts where you allege you are just looking out for the sisterhood but really you are picking away and hunting for meaning to further your weird concept that feminism leads to the oppression of men.

In the reality of the comic, Slick has crossed into a women only space and is being threatened by a ten year old with a quarter staff. Its a burlesque! Its a comic strip! They are not beholden to your rules, and why do I even have to say that to you!

Jesus. You and Arthain, finger wagglers extraordinaire.
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Rune wrote:
Rothide wrote:
aboutwhistles wrote:
Oh, you mean the way patriarchal men, colonialist countries and everyone in the upper tiers of the kyriarchy have been doing for decades?


If that involves drawing a weapon on an unarmed man for the most minor of offenses then yes exactly like that...


Who is invading their clearly marked peaceful/private space.

Do you object to bouncers who are there to eject rule-breakers from clubs? Just having some muscle, and willingness to use it, behind you can have a huge dissuading effect on people who would otherwise take advantage, even if you'd rather use the diplomacy you also have at your disposal. Good cop, bad cop.

"But wahhh, wahhh, girls and oppressed people aren't supposed to be mean! They're supposed to use the nice way all the time! Not being nice is to get what they want breaks the way my world works! It makes me face unpleasantness in my interactions with them!"

Bite me.


Yes you enter into a private space, your expected to leave, if a person goes into a VIP section, or at least into the club without permission, it is the bouncers right to tell him to leave. It ISN'T the bouncers right to pull a club on him for the first time he did it. Yes if he gives his case, still told no, and continues to resist then use force. This girl goes for force at the first second.

To me it would be like a cop pulling a gun on a guy for going 5 miles over the speed limit. "Hey he was breaking a rule, though!" wouldn't be a good excuse.

Edit: Unless you are saying that this field with the small sign "women zone" is liken to a military base, where unlawful entry is always with force. Or that slick has a weapon that we cannot see from this angle, someone entering with a weapon should and would be greeted with force.


It is genuinely surreal how you pick and choose what is allowed to be a comic and what must adhere to the real world, usually to push forward some kind of weird, unclear agenda.

Like... you endow one level of reality on the sign in this strip so you can defend Slick and say the sisterhood are over reacting -- which by the way you did in a hilariously paternalistic way so good job -- but then you accept the comic features a talking pig, or books that fight, or the Devil bomfs women into devil girls.

But then with this strip, and others that you and other knobs leap on you force this weird level of reality on to it. Its like a cop pulling a gun! Slick might be hiding a weapon! GWAAAAAAAAA

Its nothing unusual for dipshits to hold a creator to a weird high standard and be constantly moving the goal posts on them, re: Arthain's paternal finger waggle and alleged departure, but its fucking frustrating to see you make these posts where you allege you are just looking out for the sisterhood but really you are picking away and hunting for meaning to further your weird concept that feminism leads to the oppression of men.

In the reality of the comic, Slick has crossed into a women only space and is being threatened by a ten year old with a quarter staff. Its a burlesque! Its a comic strip! They are not beholden to your rules, and why do I even have to say that to you!

Jesus. You and Arthain, finger wagglers extraordinaire.


OK then, lets treat everything in the comic non seriously, except feminism, feminism is always serious business. So yeah, feminism, only thing that should always be taken seriously.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6053
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the point goes sailing over rothide's head like a chris davis home run

whooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
and the point goes sailing over rothide's head like a chris davis home run

whooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
\

Fine then, anything that gets you in trouble in reality, as long as feminism is involved is completely pointless to argue about and shouldn't be taken that seriously.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group