welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-07-12: Defective 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hydro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what's weirder. Knowing that nothing something this sexy sounding never occurs in a newsroom (or least when I was working in one), or the fact this sounds sexy to me. xD

Perhaps my eyes are just relieved to have something less feminist to read. I'm getting the same gagging feeling reading this comic lately that I got when I read In Women's Country as required a college class.
merest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody wrote:
Wow Sam, that was almost too good.

Yes, I smiled at 'some experts have concluded'.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydro wrote:
I don't know what's weirder. Knowing that nothing something this sexy sounding never occurs in a newsroom (or least when I was working in one), or the fact this sounds sexy to me. xD

Perhaps my eyes are just relieved to have something less feminist to read. I'm getting the same gagging feeling reading this comic lately that I got when I read In Women's Country as required a college class.

Are you talking about what Sam wrote because he's just doing that thing where he flirts aggressively with Poe's Law and it probably shouldn't be taken seriously.

Either way, this is a pretty creepy response on more than one level.

(Or are you just playing along? If so, wow congrats, that was eery and convincing)
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Hydro wrote:

Are you talking about what Sam wrote because he's just doing that thing where he flirts aggressively with Poe's Law and it probably shouldn't be taken seriously.

(Or are you just playing along? If so, wow congrats, that was eery and convincing)

Its probably the same gagging response i get when someone posts something like that and i can't tell if trolling or serious.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For spin, my favorite story remains:

[Pick a celebrity] was walking in a park. Suddenly he/she saw a lion, which had escaped from a zoo, and was about to eat a baby. He/she punched the lion in the snout, and rescued the baby. This was witnessed by a reporter.

The headline the next day read:

"[Celebrity] Attacks African Migrant - Steals his lunch"
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I thought was "this is a pretty accurate representation of certain people's reaction whenever the sisterhood do basically anything".
Hydro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Hydro wrote:

No that was my admittedly very odd reaction to the comic.

I did read Sam's post, but I wasn't trying to comment on it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unfortunate.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's more than just poe's law to it. I just basically imitated fox's framing strategy pretty much identically.

The most infamous part being 'some people say' or 'some experts are saying' or any variation of the theme; it's used whenever Fox wants to present a polemic or simply hammer in an ideological view, but still maintain the appearances and the presumption of them just simply "discussing the news" and "discussing debates and views of the American people" ó they then impress the idea as hard as they think they can get away with so that they can set the midpoint, and then they bring in experts or commentators or talking heads that maintain this facile representation of the controversy and a 'settling point.'

I should write The Sinfest Forum: Fox News Edition.

Who should our 'panel of experts' be?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crayven is obviously our Senior Economist from the conservative Fuckoff Institute. his credentials include denying the existence of the wage gap and roundly misunderstanding the economics of Prohibition.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide can be our token liberal, a la Alan Colmes (plays one on TV).
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be at least one liberal commentator invited on so they can be yelled at.

Also, 'weasel words' is one of my favorite things from Wikipedia.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam: Today, we're discussing America's demographic rates. Recently some commentators have been analyzing the new demographic change in the United States and have all come to the same conclusion about our future. The question they are addressing is how much of the economic decline comes down to who is deciding to have children, and who isn't. Some experts have concluded that the housing bubble, student loan debt, and immigration issues all relate to how some women have decided that sex "isn't for them" and we have seen fertility rates in some categories drop off, and as a result places like here and Europe are, as some are putting it, "missing a third of a qualified new generation." They are talking about how our fundamental approach to sex and our responsibility as parents needs to change to account for future generations, and that we need to break out of a current selfish habit of only thinking in the moment. To discuss this, we have two experts in the field of women's issues, Dr. Guest and Dr. Ibian, and guest liberal commentator Dogen. We would like to hear their debate on women's role in the current socioeconomic climate. We'll start with Ibian.

Ibian: Thank you, Sam. When we look at economic decline and social issues, they all point in the same direction, and I'm sure a lot of people don't want to discuss this forwardly and are too concerned about social niceties and "political correctness," but there's no accounting for that in the facts. The people who are the most qualified to lead the next generation are finding themselves in loveless marriages where, more often than not, childrearing is not an obligation and people are straying from sex to a procreational end with more and more regularity.

Sam: Interesting. Interesting. Guest, do you have anything to add to this?

Guest: Yes, actually. See, I focus more on the gender related angle to all this, while my colleague Ibian is more interested in the demographic trend change rates. We have seen a dramatic rise in various attitudes that create a fundamental distance and inequality in the sexes that have come mostly to male detriment. There's a bit of irony, in that, see, in that most of these social attitudes pertain to social activism that is ostensibly about equality between the sexes. At any rate, what we've seen plays into what Ibian and other esteemed experts are saying; it has created a new mentality between the sexes that cause the natural state of human relationships to be put into flux and a degree of artificial hostility, usually between men and women, that result in a destruction of the more traditional and stable family environment that defined what we consider to be our most prosperous times.

Sam: Ah, so we're finding out that the people who call themselves interested in "gender equality" are actually creating a gendered hostility that breaks down families and is pushing us to a sort of social collapse?

Guest: That's it exactly, Sam. Now, we find this to be clearer and clearer as the years go on, in terms of when we look at data and basic facts.

Sam: Interesting. Do you have anything to add to that, Ibian?

Ibian: Oh, yes. This is absolutely a thing that is happening. Europe is not doing any better. Seen as a whole, we are missing a third of the next generation. Certain socioeconomic classes are rising to prominence that tend to be a drain on the national and world economy on the whole; the people who are still largely making children and being put into a position to define this country's future make us need to confront the immediate problem of them being a net drain on the economy or the fact that they set up parallel societies instead of integrating.

And all of this? It stems from not having enough kids to keep the population level stable. Generally what we are seeing is that this comes from when women in marriages decide that they are "tired" or have "headaches". This attitude that sex is no big deal is wiping the qualified classes out of existence and leaving less qualified classes to populate the upcoming years. Since they aren't nearly as good at managing world economies and are generally more criminally prone, this is a huge issue.

Sam: and if I might say, Ibian, when we are talking about the less qualified classes, in what sense do you generally mean this?

Ibian: Non-whites, of course. White women need to know that they have an obligation to make more white babies. White people in America will become a minority (there are more non-white babies born in the states than white now). Does anyone believe mexicans and blacks can run things as well as white people have for the past several centuries? They will wipe us out within a handful of generations. It is already happening, and is obvious to anyone willing to look up the numbers and statistics.

Guest: Yeah, seriously, and like, and don't get me wrong I'm not all invested in the whites versus mexicans and blacks thing, I'm just really all about how women are fucking ridiculous and trampling all over men's rights, so stuff like this is inevitable. Seriously they have become an oversensitive group of hysterical people who complain about "potential rapists," how intimate do you expect them to be able to be?

Sam: Ah ... haha, uh guys, guys, ixnay on the openay acismray, guys you are going off message and

Ibian: Racism? Well, yes, blacks and mexicans are inferior, but the point is more about women. Namely, that females have become fed with this idea of entitlement and the end result is that they don't think they have an obligation to have sex with their husbands. Sex is part of normal relationships. Women know that. Sex is part of their duty. If it comes down to it, society and men as a whole need to reinforce this duty and keep them understanding of their place and their obligation to be mated off and perform for males for the purpose of creating new generations.

Sam: No guys you were supposed to be coy about that being the point, you

Ibian: Of course in this regard I only care about my own race. I would stop the other races from breeding if I could. Oh, Guest, my apologies, you might have to step to the side a little bit to make room, we've reached the point in my metamorphosis where i molt a little and then begin projectile vomiting fecal excrement from my mouth in the place of words.

Guest: Oh! Yes, myself as well, actually. That's a thing I do too.

Ibian: CK-CK-CK .. GHWOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR

Guest: HOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRFFFFFFFFF

Ibian: GHHUUUUUUORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGFFFFFF

Dogen: Jesus FUCK

Sam: We have to stop to take a commercial break but we'll be back with childrearing expert Crayven to discuss the role of training our children for a violent world in which there is no such thing as a wage gap.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i was reading that i was thinking "boy, these two are a lot more restrained than i recall them actually being" but then they started barfing up shit and i was all "ahhhh, i remember that part"

top score
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dying. Sam, you've outdone yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: