welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21-Jul-2013: The White Matrix 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentina is notable in the level of racism since it's not black or Asian people that are discriminated, but other Latin Americans. Since the core of the country is populated by descendants of European immigrants it's Bolivians, Paraguayans and even people from other provinces that are not as 'white' that are discriminated. Not so much on the area of considering them dangerous, but they undeniably have a harder time getting jobs and are qualified as dirty and uneducated. I guess it's more or less the same treatment as Mexicans in the United States.

It's all kinds of bullshit. South America is trying to become stronger with unity and yet over here we are full of bigots that may make Argentina impossible to work towards that goal.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xalca wrote:
tricksterson wrote:
She's not white, she's green!

She was originally bronze, the green is just a patina, acquired over time.

The more you know

Bronze, a perfectly acceptable shade of brown, my protest stands. And yes, I already knew that green wasn't her original color although I thought her sheathing was copper, not bronze.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
That identity and association may well subject them to hatred from anti-semites and the like, some of it even racially related because they may be associating with a race that some are bigoted against.

i think this tends mostly to be the case. a white supremacist sees (for example) a white who marries a black as a "race traitor", which they see as even worse than someone who was born black, because they have rejected their nice white heritage and risk producing mongrel children, thus polluting the white race. i think that tended to be the nazi's opinion on aryans who married jews.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Xalca wrote:
tricksterson wrote:
She's not white, she's green!

She was originally bronze, the green is just a patina, acquired over time.

The more you know

Bronze, a perfectly acceptable shade of brown, my protest stands. And yes, I already knew that green wasn't her original color although I thought her sheathing was copper, not bronze.

actually, you are right - she is sheathed in copper.
locuas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Rune wrote:
That identity and association may well subject them to hatred from anti-semites and the like, some of it even racially related because they may be associating with a race that some are bigoted against.

i think this tends mostly to be the case. a white supremacist sees (for example) a white who marries a black as a "race traitor", which they see as even worse than someone who was born black, because they have rejected their nice white heritage and risk producing mongrel children, thus polluting the white race. i think that tended to be the nazi's opinion on aryans who married jews.

oh, if only it was just that.
the nazis believed in the aryans superiority so much, that they refused to allow the possibility of someone with "lesser genetics" to have children.
if a baby was born with a minor deformity, that baby was killed and the parents were told he/she had died at birth. if men had some genetic disease or something similar, they were castrated...and then there were the jews...
of course, not all germans were playing along with the jews discrimination, there were some people who even tried to help them. and then there were those who just did not know what the government was actually doing with them.
RockstarRaccoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... This would make a really cool video game...

I mean, you play as Sisterhood members who are trying to deactivate the "matrices" which are controlling people's perceptions of reality, and you have to find these broadcast points and deactivate them with rainbow-hacking...

...It's al very Grant Morrison... Grant Morrison should make a video-game...

locuas wrote:
i looked the name on the internet, and harriet tubman was kind of amazing...

The fact that you had to look it up is probably why...
locuas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already apologized for my lack of knowleadge of american history, so i will try not to get into the same discussion.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Rune wrote:

That people think this way SHOULD, I think, make me worry for my future hypothetical children (as I am marrying a lovely woman who is ALSO the daughter of a mixed couple-to the point where her parents had to go to DC to get married, because Miscegnation was technically still illegal in Virginia. I think the state was trying to still ignore the supreme court decision?)

The reaction of people to the cheerio ad starring a multiracial couple should worry me, too.

Instead, I find it... amusing? That's not quite the right word, I don't think, but it's like, simply by virtue of marrying the woman I love, I gain the ability to nearly cause hateful people to aneurism, *simply by existing.* It's like I'm gaining some sort of bonus superpower.

/My fiance thinks it is adorable and amusing I think this way.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the way you think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: