welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-8-10: Hard Day's Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tamalthean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I'll take that as proof humans become devil people through their actions, like the donkey children in Pinocchio.

I like that idea, and I think it makes sense - there have been plenty of other characters who've taken revenge (of sorts) or dabbled in less-than-pure behavior who remain un-horned, but because Fusch and Blue worked in the Devil's direct domain, the atmosphere (or something in the booze?) itself lead to transformation. Maybe.

Another possibility, though, is that the Fusch and Blue we know and love today aren't the same Fusch and Blue playing lead in today's comic. We know that Kcils is a semi-autonomous entity, related to Slick but not Slick. Could Devil Fuschia and Devil Blue, as we know them now, be similarly "released" versions of human Fuschia and human Blue's mirror selves?

Maybe that's all that BOMFing does - switches the "real" you with your mirror self, or just releases your mirror self into the world. Maybe that's why Fuschia can't be in the Reality Zone - because her current form isn't her "real" form. Maybe there's another, human Fuschia wandering around somewhere - Reality Zone, dead, on the other side of the mirror, or otherwise - and we just haven't met her, for the same reason that Slick is more or less unaware of Kcils' existence.

Maybe this is why the Devil's BOMF leads to immediate physical transformation, but Mint (is that what we're calling her?)'s BOMF was weaker, leading to a less overt, less complete result.

Rune wrote:
They both clearly have human skintones here while under plain light, and they have mirror-devil-selves after taking some revenge.

This is true in TODAY'S comic, but not in past comics:

...but I'm chalking that up to "Tat hadn't figured out what he was going to do with this when he drew that yet".

Oooh, this is fun Very Happy
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plenty of strips even more earlier than that one depict blue with a human skin-tone, even as she is a devil girl. the thing is, tat is just really inconsistent with their skin tones. sometimes they have human skin tones, usually white, and sometimes their skin is a light, pale shade of their associated color. what color their skin is in any given strip doesn't really prove much of anything - especially in strips where tat likes to give them odd colored skin.

and we don't exactly have enough given information in regards to blue's status as a being prior to becoming a devil person. we dont know if she's human, a goddess or demigoddess of some sort, what it means in regards to the fact she used to attend divinity school... as we don't have enough information about divinity school, its requirements for attendance, ect...

so uh, take that as you will?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Night Spade wrote:
Holy Water is not safe for ANYONE as the news report below attests.

http://www.greenprophet.com/2011/05/holy-water-unsafe/

IN THE COMMENTS: dozens of angry muslims flipping their shit, screaming conspiracy, screaming fake, saying that arsenic isn't that bad, asserting that Zam Zam Holy Water is healthy and 'nutritional' and cures all diseases, and generally unwilling to accept that water from some random well that the prophet Ismail happened to drink from (for lack of alternatives!) could possibly be poison.

It's meant to have sprung up (semi-)miraculously to prevent the infant Ishmail and his mother from dying from thirst. As some Ishmael is sometimes considered the ancestor of the Arab people, the well is somewhat significant to those whose religious and nationalistic/tribal/cultural identities are bound up with it.

I like the idea of devil-people using holy water as poison against one another. I can't recall having come across the idea before.
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is when they were just starting to become devil people? Was poisoning the pervy patron some sort of trigger, or was this happening in earlier Blu/Fu backstory strips?

I don't think that the pervypatron is dead. He spat the holy water out, and he fell down a bit too cartoonishly to suggest that.

And skin tone changes often enough from strip to strip that I don't think it can be interpreted as anything.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
*kicks the door down*

SEE WHAT THIS PROVES IS THAT FEMINISTS THINK IT IS OKAY TO LITERALLY POISON MEN IT IS AN IDEOLOGY OF FEMALE SUPREMACY WHERE MEN HAVE NO BODILY SOVEREIGNTY OR RIGHT TO LIFE IF THEY OFFEND THE DELICATE SENSIBILITIES OF SELF-APPOINTED FEMALE DEATH PANELS if you would like to know more about my stunning findings on females please purchase my self-published book "females are bad and need strong men controlling society to keep their hysterical and weak tendencies from corrupting the world, plus 99 guaranteed "mental hacks" that will trick her into having sex with you PUA-approved"

Why, yes, that IS the response of human trash to this comic, as you can see here. Warning, douchebag alert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
So this is when they were just starting to become devil people? Was poisoning the pervy patron some sort of trigger, or was this happening in earlier Blu/Fu backstory strips?

I don't think that the pervypatron is dead. He spat the holy water out, and he fell down a bit too cartoonishly to suggest that.

And skin tone changes often enough from strip to strip that I don't think it can be interpreted as anything.

I'd say the same, except that the human tones contrasted with the colored hair and outfits is a bit of an exception. It shows that it is, at least, there. I think that's significant.
Istancow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, come to think of it, the skin tones might be present to contrast the devil (skin same colour as hair) reflections in the mirror, to emphasize the human/devil thingamajigglybob.

Not suggesting any continuity, but more or less just to make that particular image noticeable in this strip.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I'm having trouble telling what the dude s doing in panel 3.

He's taking a photo up her skirt. I had to stare for a while before I figured it out.

Also, re: the inconsistencies with past strips... I think Tats has revised his ideas for Baby Blue and Fuschia a lot. I've always been a bit confused by their backstories because in the archives, I swear they were originally bomfed into existence by D-Man. They were ordinary girls and then he bomfed them into devil girls in one of the strips. Does no-one except me recall that?
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usage of a taser on the waitress on panel 3 was a nice touch. It makes the revenge against that male character more justified. It was disorienting how they kept switching panels between the actual human and the projected demon form in the alternate dimension.

Does this imply that all of the characters now have a human form somewhere who has a supernatural form elsewhere? So the plot is almost like "Paranoia Agent" now. Cool.

For those who don't care to watch the series: Each projection was based on a lie stacked on a lie because a loving father wanted to shelter his daughter from the horrors of reality. Unfortunately it backfired and zombies roamed the land, begging for a loving death.
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

He's taking a photo up her skirt.

Wait, what? Are some men really that much of a Weiner? For once, I'd like to not hear the news talk about pictures of genitals by cell-phone. Like seriously, too much info.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikewee777 wrote:
enchantedsleeper wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

Wait, what? Are some men really that much of a Weiner? For once, I'd like to not hear the news talk about pictures of genitals by cell-phone. Like seriously, too much info.

Yeah, that's not a taser.

This dude at least is supposed to be that much of a weiner... Hence Blue's angry retribution.

ETA: I just noticed that Blue casually carries a bottle of Holy Water in her handbag xD I'm guessing it's like the equivalent of mace for when you work around demons.
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikewee777 wrote:
enchantedsleeper wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

You've seriously never heard of "upskirt" before? Yes. Yes, there is a frighteningly established contingent of predatory perverts who get off of sneaking or stealing photographs up women's skirts.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
Mikewee777 wrote:
enchantedsleeper wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

You've seriously never heard of "upskirt" before? Yes. Yes, there is a frighteningly established contingent of predatory perverts who get off of sneaking or stealing photographs up women's skirts.

It even has its own wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upskirt

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why, but I can't stop staring at this Sunday strip. Between the character design of the creepy guy (he's the perfect sleezeball), the crazy palette choices, the awesome faces of Fusch and Blue (especially 'Psycho Blue' looking at the glass) --- it's all fucking sweet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
I'm not sure why, but I can't stop staring at this Sunday strip. Between the character design of the creepy guy (he's the perfect sleezeball), the crazy palette choices, the awesome faces of Fusch and Blue (especially 'Psycho Blue' looking at the glass) --- it's all fucking sweet.

Agreed, the art on this one, the colors, everything just captures the eyes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: