welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-8-10: Hard Day's Night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starkruzr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have any evidence that Tat has a solid idea of the metaphysics of this universe worked out in his head? I don't think so. I think he's making up the "how does one become a devil, how does one rebel against the Devil and not get thrown into Hell," etc etc stuff as he goes along and we shouldn't at all expect it to be internally consistent. It's just a convenient way for him to tell a story.
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with discovery writing.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhere around here is a link to an interview in which Tat pretty much straight up says he makes up the story as he goes
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
Mikewee777 wrote:
Wait, what? Are some men really that much of a Weiner? For once, I'd like to not hear the news talk about pictures of genitals by cell-phone. Like seriously, too much info.
This dude at least is supposed to be that much of a weiner... Hence Blue's angry retribution.
Rune wrote:
You've seriously never heard of "upskirt" before? Yes. Yes, there is a frighteningly established contingent of predatory perverts who get off of sneaking or stealing photographs up women's skirts.

WHY are people responding to Mikewee777 as if he's serious?! Have you guys not read ANY of his previous comments?
Gibson22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancore wrote:
Gibson22 wrote:
I'm a little confused. Why aren't they devil girls, yet working in a devil den? I don't get what Tat is trying to show here.

This is the past where they are not yet devil girls, although if you look at their reflection in the last panel they Are devil girls in Mirrorzone.

Oh, I see. Thank you. I always supposed them to have been devil girls from the dawn of time, from the war in heaven and all that. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me (with Pebbles being bomfed as a direct revelation of that fact) that you could have been a human before and then change to a devil.

And someone mentioned that the BOMF can actually be a way of switching places with your opposite from the real world to the mirror world. That is an ingenious suggestion. That is an awesome twist. Poor human Pebbles might be roaming in a world of monsters. ;_;
Homeslice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't even realize they were people in this one until I read the forums.

crazy.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
somewhere around here is a link to an interview in which Tat pretty much straight up says he makes up the story as he goes

Publishers Weekly wrote:
When asked how he balances the various storylines involving cute animals, love stories, cosmic beings, drug jokes and other recurring subjects, Ishida jokingly blames ADD. "I jump around between characters and situations pretty much on a whim. The longer storylines help to pull it all together, to harmonize the disparate elements in the strip. And that happens organically. Very little planning. I do a couple of strips in sequence, and before I know it, it snowballs into a month long arc."

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/45885-tatsuya-ishida-speaks-on-sinfest-jesus-and-fans.html#path/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/45885-tatsuya-ishida-speaks-on-sinfest-jesus-and-fans.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:

...Where is that? I have to know.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

...Where is that? I have to know.

This link: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/45885-tatsuya-ishida-speaks-on-sinfest-jesus-and-fans.html#path/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/45885-tatsuya-ishida-speaks-on-sinfest-jesus-and-fans.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Sam wrote:
*kicks the door down*

SEE WHAT THIS PROVES IS THAT FEMINISTS THINK IT IS OKAY TO LITERALLY POISON MEN IT IS AN IDEOLOGY OF FEMALE SUPREMACY WHERE MEN HAVE NO BODILY SOVEREIGNTY OR RIGHT TO LIFE IF THEY OFFEND THE DELICATE SENSIBILITIES OF SELF-APPOINTED FEMALE DEATH PANELS if you would like to know more about my stunning findings on females please purchase my self-published book "females are bad and need strong men controlling society to keep their hysterical and weak tendencies from corrupting the world, plus 99 guaranteed "mental hacks" that will trick her into having sex with you PUA-approved"

Why, yes, that IS the response of human trash to this comic, as you can see here. Warning, douchebag alert

The only thing they manage to not realize is that Fuchsia and Blue are devil girls for a reason.

...I'm still curious as to does this mean that Slick is gradually becoming one with Sleaze, becoming Sleaze, and therefore becoming a devil guy...
tamalthean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
and we don't exactly have enough given information in regards to blue's status as a being prior to becoming a devil person. we dont know if she's human, a goddess or demigoddess of some sort, what it means in regards to the fact she used to attend divinity school... as we don't have enough information about divinity school, its requirements for attendance, ect...

so uh, take that as you will?

Very true, and you bring up an excellent point. Which is why the speculation is all the more enjoyable!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tat planned this out (as others have mentioned/proven) - as I said before, I'm chalking a lot of this up to his not really knowing what he was gonna do with the story in previous strips. I do, however, enjoy speculating where this will go in the future, planned or unplanned - and who knows, maybe Tat will glean some inspiration from something someone says here.

That being said...What do you think Blue is, anyway?

Methinks she was a human spirit in training. I like the idea that Divinity School was located in the world of spirits and such - we know that the boundaries between the afterlife and the Sinfest world are pretty thin (see: all the times anyone's ever visited Hell, rescued someone out of Hell, Book Zombie, life at the Mansion, the angels, etc) so it's not beyond belief that a spirit could seek employment in both realms, and that could also explain why the Devil was wandering around there when he was younger (before the Fall) - and why we see a young Jesus studying there before he would have been old enough to go gathering disciples in the "Real World" (he was in training before he was sent to Earth). Also why Blue would be around at the same time.

As to why she's a devil-girl now...I'm sticking with my BOMF-Mirror theory. Maybe what's important is not necessarily the corporeal body, but the mutable human soul? The Devil's not so concerned about what happens to your physical body, after all - he wants to corrupt the inside. Or bring the corrupted inside out. Or something.

(For the record, I'm also making this up as I go.)
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
I'm having trouble telling what the dude s doing in panel 3.

He's taking a photo up her skirt. I had to stare for a while before I figured it out.

Also, re: the inconsistencies with past strips... I think Tats has revised his ideas for Baby Blue and Fuschia a lot. I've always been a bit confused by their backstories because in the archives, I swear they were originally bomfed into existence by D-Man. They were ordinary girls and then he bomfed them into devil girls in one of the strips. Does no-one except me recall that?

are you maybe thinking of this strip? and followups - i think this has happened a couple of times, where jesus zaps them into humans and the devil has to bomf them back.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was Blue doing with holy water in a devil club anyway?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaking it in?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or leftover habit from her past at divinity school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: