welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1110, 1111, 1112 ... 1133, 1134, 1135  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were having a party at the apartment we used to live in and had a cheese platter out on the coffee table. We were playing video games and out of the corner of my eye I see our cat go up to the coffee table, lean up there, and very carefully take just one piece of cheese without touching the others and then ate it on the floor.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way back when, we used to have marinated shrimp as a treat on fridays. our cat loved them - we had a picture of her, plate of shrimp before her on a side table, standing on her hind legs and daintily hooking up one shrimp with a claw.

dogs, sadly, are not that careful. i remember one thanksgiving - mom had the turkey on the kitchen counter, sitting on an antique platter, all ready to go to the table. turned her back on it, and the dog pulled the whole thing down on the floor. my recollection is that the turkey was (mainly) saved...platter, not so much.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has a cat who goes absolutely nuts over bread. He's also very smart. The only thing he can't figure out how to open is the microwave, so any breads or other valuables the cat wants must go in there.

It is only a matter of time before he manages to open the microwave, and then who knows what will happen....

Also, one of our cats is decidedly not careful. We call him a bumble because he bumbles around, knocking crap all over the place. He's kind of like an adorable steamroller.

He works in tandem with the dog. The dog waits by the table. The cat knocks things over. The dog gets to eat the things - though the cat doesn't like the dog too much, so I don't think he's doing it purposely to give the dog something nice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, he may be hoping to get the dog in trouble. we had a cat who did that. when the dog entered the household (over her objections), we started feeding her on the cabinet, so the dog couldn't get her food. but (as reported above) he could sometimes pull things off the counter - so whenever anyone heard the catbowl crash onto the floor and came in the kitchen to find the dog eating the food while the cat, apparently aggrieved, watched from above, the natural assumption was that the dog had pulled the dish down, so he got yelled at. then one day someone was watching and caught her in the act - she ate what she wanted, looked down at the dog's eager face below her, deliberately pushed the bowl off the counter - and waited for the fallout.

she was a great one for deliberately pushing things out of her way. i remember her once, walking along the top of my bookshelf and knocking off all the knick-knacks that were in her way.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have discovered two things tonight.

1) It is entirely too easy for me to drink too much rum (DAMNIT WHY MUST YOU BE SO DELICIOUS, RUM).

2) I do not like being drunk. =(
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One study is rarely conclusive.
Jinx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
I have discovered two things tonight.

1) It is entirely too easy for me to drink too much rum (DAMNIT WHY MUST YOU BE SO DELICIOUS, RUM).

2) I do not like being drunk. =(

Perhaps it's because you went a day early. Today is National Rum Day.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo - glad you told us that, will have to stop by the store to pick up ingredients for rum punch, to celebrate properly. and tomorrow is national vanilla custard day, which sounds like about the right recovery plan.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free hotel breakfast...
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Free hotel breakfast...

Did they have the waffle maker that you spin?

You dont have to spin them, but you can and that's what makes them delicious, options!
Azmoten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+\- first day of school in 4 years. Nervous as all hell. Here we go
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azmoten wrote:
+\- first day of school in 4 years. Nervous as all hell. Here we go

Good luck! Don't let the other kids pick on you.
TIAB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In memory of my late friend, I reinstalled CounterStrike to play a bit this weekend. I started off by finding a server that was playing the map that we would always play together, even though no one else was logged on. That gave me a chance to get my bearings and get reacquainted with the menu system. After wandering around a bit I felt like maybe I could play against others.
I signed on to the next server as a spectator. I signed off when I watched a terrorist do a triple jump in the air...
I found another server, whose welcome messages made a big deal about its anti-cheating software and how offenders would be banned. Joined in on a round, died and watched a player jump into a second story window from flat on the ground, and then proceed to walk through walls and phase through the floor.
The next server I checked I was a spectator again and watched another triple jump.

Now I miss my friend and the CounterStrike that I remember. It was a little amusing, though.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I ate a cookie of mealworms.

The mealworms tasted like

nothing. >.>

Good to know I'll be able to eat in the future when there are only insects!
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Today I ate a cookie of mealworms.

The mealworms tasted like

nothing. >.>

Good to know I'll be able to eat in the future when there are only insects!

There's a reason I don't pop edamame into my mouth straight from the shell any more. You just nailed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1110, 1111, 1112 ... 1133, 1134, 1135  Next
Page 1111 of 1135

Jump to: