welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 734, 735, 736 ... 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celaeno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
That's the best kind of luck.

I'm looking at this one: http://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/159312245/free-shipping-new-elegant-custom-made?ref=br_feed_12&br_feed_tlp=women

Still expensive, but way less than the dresses here.

SO beautiful. But dude, the shop's brand new (opened one month ago), the owner lives far away (Suzhou, China), and there are zero reviews. I would tread carefully.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Usagi, you went all out! I don't have time to look right now and when I get home it'll be dark, so I'll do this tomorrow, but I'll take a closer look and take pictures. What I can tell you is that the bed was actually disassembled when it was moved. Though, the movers are the one who disassembled it. I do wonder if some of the damage was already there (specifically the thing I showed pictures of) but overall, I can't imagine the bed wouldn't have collapsed on me if it had already been that damaged. I'm really not sure. Which leads me to sporko's question; apparently when my brother looked into it, they said we'd have to make a claim in Illinois. Which I'm guessing is BS but I guess he didn't want to deal with it. He was the one who handled hiring the movers and all that. I'm hoping it'll be a cheap fix, though. :-\ My mom used to have a lot of tools but she's good at leaving stuff behind so I'll have to find out what she still has.

I just don't feel comfortable putting it back together right now in its current shape. It's still in pieces in my room but the two boards are easier to get to now since I've unpacked a lot more (*cough*). Just the box spring and mattress have been working fine but I miss my privacy curtains. *sniff* (It's a four poster bed)

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

What she said. I doesn't mean it is a scam, but try maybe sending a few emails first to see if they'll strike up a conversation. I've had good luck ordering custom costumes from China that were near stage quality (an Avatar earth bender costume and a Bleach costume) and had a great experience, but that was from an established eBay shop. You might even be able to take that photo and have someone else make something similar.

Looking at the store more, I think Celaeno's right. Check out the store description:

Quote:
About US

We Robin Dresses Store is a factory has about over 10 years experiences in custom-made dresses field. All dresses here are made to order, no pre-made dresses here.

You can find the high quality dresses but at best price. If you can not find the style you want, you can offer us the dresses images you want to make or contact us for more details

Can I have it with my own sizes or the color i want ?

Yes, customers can choosr a standard size or offer us your own sizes, just leave messages to tell us your own sizes. And you can choose the picture color or tell us your own color choice

How long can I have my dress:

usually, it needs about 15 working days for...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah good point. Don't worry though, I wasn't that ready to open my wallet. Any purchase I make above 20 euros I always think about it for at least a week. Especially when I view these sites from work where I don't have time to properly read.

I'll try sending a mail. Worst case scenario, I laugh at his Engrish.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a police officer follow me halfway across town (on some somewhat awkward turns, even), then turn around and go back the way he came?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Why would a police officer follow me halfway across town (on some somewhat awkward turns, even), then turn around and go back the way he came?

Mistaken identity? Stalker? What do you drive? Where do you live?

I'm asking because I actually have a few legitimate answers I could give you.

You probably meet their profile of a drug mule or something, which is pretty much you're breathing and driving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smallish college town, driving what used to be a sheriff’s truck but it is completely unmarked and doesn't look any different from any other white truck

also, I think I might have slightly Hollywood'd a stop sign, I'm not sure, but I think they started following me a turn or two (and a quarter mile) before that, and if that was it wouldn't they have just pulled me over? They followed for about three-quarters of a mile after that.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they were headed the same way as you? Maybe they were hoping you'd do something worth pulling you over for? Maybe they were lost.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Maybe they were headed the same way as you?

for the first little bit, maybe
but I went on a bit of an awkward zigzag through a residential area, as a bit of a test after I thought they might have been following me, which they matched turn for turn, and after following me through that they went back the way they came
Quote:
Maybe they were hoping you'd do something worth pulling you over for?

That's one of my hypotheses, yes.
Quote:

Maybe they were lost.

Impossible. The town is small and all of the streets are arranged in plain grid.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you live in the America, then they're probably assuming you're doing something drug related.

I know you like to keep your identity secret and what not, and hey that's cool, but without details, I can't say more.

Overall, I'd guess that you were profiled. Check the article Sam posted about the illegals seizure going on in Bumblefuck, USA.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I read that article.

My identity is a pretty poorly kept secret!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and

Quote:
Bumblefuck

sounds vaguely like something out of Harry Potter

Professor Bumblefuck
or something
haaaaa
TIAB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they were bored and thought that if they followed you long enough you'd break the law and thus make their night more interesting.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've totally had a cop do that to me once or twice, too. Usually it was on slow nights.

I just assumed they wanted to fuck with my head.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Yea, I read that article.

My identity is a pretty poorly kept secret!

Well yeah, but i don't remember where EVERYONE lives
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 734, 735, 736 ... 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 735 of 755

Jump to: