welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1212, 1213, 1214 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17175
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i guess being a ragged refugee does give you a reason to show lots of skin.....
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1182
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Uhhhh what.

Fuck me apparently I go to all the boring monasteries.
_________________
To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity.
-Howard Roark, The Fountainhead


Last edited by fritterdonut on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6053
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexy male nun

okay see that is awesome

edit: wait what no go back goddammit halloween costumes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TIAB



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 683

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working as a temp for an IT service desk. I've applied for the permanent position at the service desk. The applications are not reviewed by anyone in the department, not at first, anyway. They aren't even first reviewed by the HR department for our unit. They are reviewed by an outside HR department by people with no technical knowledge whatsoever. They grade applicants by how closely their application and skills literally match what is said in the job requirements. If the requirements say "Proficiency in MS Excel" and the application says "Proficient in all MS Office applications" that applicant gets zero credit for that. None. Because those aren't the same thing.

I applied for this position almost a month and a half ago. My application was just graded today. That's a month and a half of additional experience that's probably not counted... I was given a raw score of 85% and told that 89 applicants scored higher than I did. For the job that I am currently working.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17175
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
If the requirements say "Proficiency in MS Excel" and the application says "Proficient in all MS Office applications" that applicant gets zero credit for that. None. Because those aren't the same thing.


Rolling Eyes

and of course, there is the added joy of knowing whoever graded this has a job....
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10364
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, and we wonder why America is sliding behind in so many ways.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10364
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xiaolin Chronicles

If there were a book entitled How to Shit All Over Canon While Alienating Your Fanbase, Xiaolin Chronicles would be 'exhibit A' under the 'recent examples' section. If you were expecting a sequel to Xiaolin Showdown, you will be disappoint. For instance Chase Young spews out lines like "I Don't need to wager shen gong wu, I'll wager my good looks" then laughs maniacally. Also, the Xiaolin showdowns are in shitty CG. The new TMNT is good CG. Xiaolin Chronicles ain't got time for that, instead opting for a Tron knock off. It's like watching a craptastic fan fic.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 719

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog has thrown up three times in the last three hours. I am currently waiting for the emergency vets at Tech's small animal hospital to call me back and let me know if I need to bring her in.

I'm 99% sure she's just got an upset stomach- there were no foreign objects, I've scoured the apartment and found no evidence she got into something she should't have, there's no blood, and she's not acting strangely (aside from the, well, vomiting). She's not even reacting as though her belly's tender at any spot (so no indications of an internal obstruction).

... Plus, I'm *pretty sure* she licked some garlic bread grease from my plate when I was out of the room for a few moments.

But this dog is also wonderfully derp about eating things she shouldn't when we're not looking ("Damnit where did you even GET that qtip?! I didn't even see you sneak into the bathroom do not eat that it has a small ammount of that ear-clean/earring cleaner on it damnit dog"), so I'm, of course, worrying anyways.

God help me when I have children.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2696
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
I am working as a temp for an IT service desk. I've applied for the permanent position at the service desk. The applications are not reviewed by anyone in the department, not at first, anyway. They aren't even first reviewed by the HR department for our unit. They are reviewed by an outside HR department by people with no technical knowledge whatsoever. They grade applicants by how closely their application and skills literally match what is said in the job requirements. If the requirements say "Proficiency in MS Excel" and the application says "Proficient in all MS Office applications" that applicant gets zero credit for that. None. Because those aren't the same thing.

I applied for this position almost a month and a half ago. My application was just graded today. That's a month and a half of additional experience that's probably not counted... I was given a raw score of 85% and told that 89 applicants scored higher than I did. For the job that I am currently working.


wat. seriously that's messed up.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2696
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Dog has thrown up three times in the last three hours. I am currently waiting for the emergency vets at Tech's small animal hospital to call me back and let me know if I need to bring her in.

I'm 99% sure she's just got an upset stomach- there were no foreign objects, I've scoured the apartment and found no evidence she got into something she should't have, there's no blood, and she's not acting strangely (aside from the, well, vomiting). She's not even reacting as though her belly's tender at any spot (so no indications of an internal obstruction).

... Plus, I'm *pretty sure* she licked some garlic bread grease from my plate when I was out of the room for a few moments.

But this dog is also wonderfully derp about eating things she shouldn't when we're not looking ("Damnit where did you even GET that qtip?! I didn't even see you sneak into the bathroom do not eat that it has a small ammount of that ear-clean/earring cleaner on it damnit dog"), so I'm, of course, worrying anyways.

God help me when I have children.


Keeping my fingers crossed for your dog! I went through the same when my cat ate a chicken bone and my friends kept telling me all these horror stories of how he will die once it splinters (thanks friends). Turns out it passed perfectly fine.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felgraf



Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 719

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She seems to be fine, and the emergecy vet was of the opinion that it was likely just an upset stomach.
_________________
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17175
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad she's fine - dogs seem to have remarkably sturdy stomachs, which is good, considering all the shit they will eat (including shit).
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10364
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit Halloween, all of the female costumes, especially the girls, all horribly, horribly sexist. Not just women's or tween's, I mean the shit under the girl category. The catalog came in the mail today, and this is some of what I saw (the sonic and tails boy's costumes weren't showing up on the site, but they are in the catalog):








_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jwadd



Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Posts: 146

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote






the only halloween costume this season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2696
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police one really angers me.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1212, 1213, 1214 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1213 of 1254

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group