welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1216, 1217, 1218 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you talking about the joint commission is the chillest bunch of bros you will ever meet they always got that bomb ass herb and shit
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i am suspicious of this "simplifying" - "The Joint Commission" sounds like some sort of shadow organization that might do _anything_.

Super shady, They are basically bullies that scare people into doing stuff that is almost unreasonable.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all of it is unreasonable. They're the reason we (are supposed to) label every single medication once it's been removed from it's original container. They're also the reason we check two patient identifiers before administering medications. They pushed to standardize abbreviations used by providers when writing orders to avoid medication errors, which are both dangerous and costly. They've also taken the lead on improving staff communication, the lack of which has been called the single greatest risk to patient safety.

Labeling meds is so natural to us now that it boggles my mind to think we would ever leave a syringe out with nothing indicating what was in it, but that's what used to happen.

Then they do stuff like measure how far your shelves are from sprinkler heads, or demand 35 pages (slight dramatization) of "education" for every patient to read and sign, and you forget they're not demented.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Then they do stuff like measure how far your shelves are from sprinkler heads, or demand 35 pages (slight dramatization) of "education" for every patient to read and sign, and you forget they're not demented.

This is more the stuff I was referring to.

Can't have cardboard in the room because it's dirty, but you can de-case the items in the trash room and then bring them upstairs after walking them through the sub basement.

You can't have pictures hanging on the wall in non clinical areas.

They draw a line in an open hallway and say you can have street clothes on this side, but the other side must be in full gown.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear client,

Just because I didn't realize the cleaners had unplugged the computer doesn't mean I'm technically impaired. I probably know more about computers than you all do, I don't need your shitty assumptions.

Love, the person currently printing out all your documents because you don't know how the printer works.
Korladis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of the awfulness of how being broken up with feels, I now either am sick or have really bad allergies. Because it's not enough to feel like shit emotionally, apparently it's necessary that be physically miserable as well.

Feels bad, man.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit.

Company is moving in May. I might be kicked out in May.

Shit.
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother had a seizure today. He's never had one before. Got a scan at hospital, but I haven't heard anything else yet. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but yeah I think I'm just gonna have to take something to get sleep tonight.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is scary, eure - hope it all works out OK.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
la $t0, stringarray
lbu  $t2, ($t0)
beq  $t2, 0x30, skip
addi $t1, $t1, 8

I'm being driven slowly insane by MIPS32 architecture.
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news about brother. His scan and tests at the hospital all came back and those were all good. He still has the results from the EEG test to get back on Monday from the neurologist. Still not sure why he had a seizure, though.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I hate about winters in this town is the people who burn logs to heat their homes, and then leave the logs to smolder and fill the neighborhood with a thick tangible fog of smoke.

This process has already begun.

and it's just
fuck you, either learn how to build a fire properly, or heat your house some other way

and fuck you, it's not even freezing out yet, it will barely get there overnight, and it got really fucking warm out today
you could have just opened your windows for the day and closed them for the night and your house would have been plenty warm

and fuck you; they say the air here is cleaner than in other places, BUT IT'S FUCKING NOT BECAUSE OF YOU AND I HAVE TO BREATHE THAT SHIT WHENEVER I GO ANYWHERE UNLESS I DRIVE WHICH IS TERRIBLE and all my clothes end up smelling of smoke and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This has been a public service announcement by Heretical Rants ltd. For more similar content, please kindly light your own face on fire in lieu of that mountain of logs in your back yard, kthx.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is that much smoke, the wood is too wet, means there's a good chance of a chimney fire
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, last night was kind of a shit pits kind of night. Found out that hubby was denied unemployment, and we don't really see any hope in doing an appeal. Everything listed on the paper he received yesterday was correct for the reasoning he was fired. Why appeal it? So he's on the job search double time now.

I also learned last night that my brother got the results of his EEG test, and he has a spot on his brain. I'm not sure what this could mean, but he's having an MRI done today. Any medical gurus able to ease my mind on this? I'm trying desperately not be really scared.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about EEGs, despite having had two. There are different types of abnormalities that can present on them, though, and you'd need to know which kind he had in order to know what it meant.

I don't know how you're getting your information, but the EEG would have been interpreted by a neurologist, who would have filed their interpretation in his medical record. That interpretation would tell you (in medical jargon) what the EEG suggests. If your brother (or whomever has access to it) can get you a copy of it, I'm sure we could decipher it for you.

Sorry I can't be more specific, or helpful. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1216, 1217, 1218 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next
Page 1217 of 1250

Jump to: