welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-Oct-20 Destroy Rogue Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinfest has it's first supervillain (unless one counts D-Man). Cool.
Maynar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her ponytail. At first I thought, 'A ponytail is hardly a practical feature of a combat robot.' Then it turned out to be electrified! The first person to pull on it, seeking an unfair advantage, shall be fried. Though now I sort of wonder what would happen if she undid her braids, and let her electrified hair float loose.

As for the arc, eh, I suppose this robot ends up going rogue, too, after a few chase scenes. Possibly after (taking a leaf from The Dark Knight) forcing the current rogue fembot to upgrade her weapons systems to keep up.
Wabi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
Hmmmm. I'm not liking the combination of highly sexualised appearance plus violence for the new bot. It's ringing all the wrong kind of warning bells for me.

That was my first thought, too! But then I realized, of course she'd look like that, she was built by Milton using his idea of what a woman who can fight should look like. I'm hoping once she becomes self-aware (which I'm pretty sure she will, come on), she'll have the opportunity to pick out her own clothes. ^o^
Varthonai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merest wrote:
I like her ponytail. At first I thought, 'A ponytail is hardly a practical feature of a combat robot.' Then it turned out to be electrified! The first person to pull on it, seeking an unfair advantage, shall be fried. Though now I sort of wonder what would happen if she undid her braids, and let her electrified hair float loose.

As for the arc, eh, I suppose this robot ends up going rogue, too, after a few chase scenes. Possibly after (taking a leaf from The Dark Knight) forcing the current rogue fembot to upgrade her weapons systems to keep up.

Also on the list of things that are not practical features of combat robots: sexualized outfit instead of armor. Most of her features are clearly decorative rather than functional. Even the ponytail goes back to being a drawback if her opponent just wears some rubber gloves. I'd give it good odds that she gets beaten simply because she is not nearly as optimized for combat as Milton ought to have made her.

Incidentally, what is this "unfair" advantage you speak of? All advantages are fair when you are defending against an immediate threat to your life.
Korladis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Haven't been so curious to see upcoming developments for some time... I think the sisterhood or Pebbles will help the rogue fembot -most probably Pebbles, protecting her 'Snikt-Snikt' friend....and then we will have Milton with an "we can rebuild her" moment...

What if Pebbles and Lil'E/Lily come to the rogue fembot's aid? Or both of them and the sisterhood?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The body is itself armor, and the ponytail is detachable.
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got my weaponized fembot... didn't expect that though... do we have a name for the friendly pink fembot?
I wonder if pink bot can turn evil bot, and make her an ally...
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cool in the sense of thriller-esque moments. Of course she's sexualized but I doubt she'll stay like that for long if Nana and the Sisterhood have a say in it.
Echo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, if they get a say. Meanwhile, it's Milton's say. But more important is that bot herself gets a say on her own appearance...
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korladis wrote:
Geareye wrote:
Haven't been so curious to see upcoming developments for some time... I think the sisterhood or Pebbles will help the rogue fembot -most probably Pebbles, protecting her 'Snikt-Snikt' friend....and then we will have Milton with an "we can rebuild her" moment...

What if Pebbles and Lil'E/Lily come to the rogue fembot's aid? Or both of them and the sisterhood?

actually, i can see pebbles making friends with her, what with her cool electric hair and leather outfit.

milton has trained her to respond to an attack, i wonder what she will do in response to a friendly overture? or rogue protecting her from an obnoxious male?
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
Well I got my weaponized fembot... didn't expect that though... do we have a name for the friendly pink fembot?
I wonder if pink bot can turn evil bot, and make her an ally...

If weapon-F becomes self aware, and joins up with pink-bot, we could call them Xena and Gabrielle.
Or Buffy and Willow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: