Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRINKING NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
The only answer to that question is always, "you didn't have enough of it in your system at any one time to suppress your brain stem function and cause you to stop breathing."

Which is what alcohol poisoning is - confusion; slow, irregular breathing; possible seizures; cyanosis (blue tinge of the fingers and mouth); hypothermia; and vomiting. Brain stem shutting down.

I don't know how big a bottle we're talking, but if it was a fifth then you're just an idiot.

I'm not acquainted with US terms, but the bottle I'm referring to is 26 ounces, or 750ml.

And yes, I am an idiot. A large, slightly alcoholic idiot.

To note though, I'm either large enough or have enough of a tolerance built up that I didn't suffer any kind of blackout, vomiting, etc that normally comes with excessive alcohol consumption.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned the term in Calgary, but apparently it really is from the US. It's a fifth of a gallon, or ~750ml.

And yes, you are an idiot. In fact, you may be stupider now than you were yesterday (here's another study, also indicating you may be stupider now). Binge drinking is also associated with increased risk of a stroke in people as young as 16. I don't care if you black out or not, or how big your alcohol penis is. I'm not impressed by how much alcohol you can drink. But that's just me! As Levar Burton used to say, you don't have to take my word for it! (though, really, you're probably a little dumber now)
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I learned the term in Calgary, but apparently it really is from the US. It's a fifth of a gallon, or ~750ml.

And yes, you are an idiot. In fact, you may be stupider now than you were yesterday (here's another study, also indicating you may be stupider now). Binge drinking is also associated with increased risk of a stroke in people as young as 16. I don't care if you black out or not, or how big your alcohol penis is. I'm not impressed by how much alcohol you can drink. But that's just me! As Levar Burton used to say, you don't have to take my word for it! (though, really, you're probably a little dumber now)

Such is life. At least we're agreed that I'm an idiot.

Edit: heh, I hope the idea that I'm an idiot doesn't bleed over to elsewhere.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention bleeding! Binge drinking irritates the lining of the stomach and can cause bleeding. It also make platelets stick together more easily, which can cause clots. Clots that float around and get stuck in tiny blood vessels and deprive parts of your body of blood (ischemia). This is in contrast to moderate (more intelligent) drinking, which actually makes platelets less sticky. Fun facts!

If it seems like I'm beating this issue into the ground it's because binge drinking is really, really, really stupid.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, then, don't beat around the bush, dogen - level with him!

(sorry, couldn't resist).

on the other hand, you have about doubled my knowledge of heart disease, as i now know what ischemia is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244
Page 244 of 244

Jump to: