welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-10-24 Halloween Display
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatsuya Ishida
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: 2013-10-24 Halloween Display Reply with quote

Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Nana did something badass between panels 3 and 4.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya don't mess with Nana
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enemy combatant Nana.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Halloween display! (Excellent storytelling. . . like in a movie where there's silence and suspense, then cut to the next scene. It's conveyed perfectly here! <3)
Timpie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been fun if the bots had a powerlevel meter and used it on Nana. "Scree - power level exceeding measurment equipment."

Going with that though, how would the Sisterhood member be ranked?
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpie wrote:

Everyone would be exactly equal, I suspect. More out of principle than any repeatable scientific measurements, mind.

Also, Yay for Nana.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana always wins.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpie wrote:
It would have been fun if the bots had a powerlevel meter and used it on Nana. "Scree - power level exceeding measurment equipment."

I suspect Nana would be tops, then it probably gets complicated. In terms of sheer unaided combat power probably Violent Violet, then Xanthe. With her tricycle Xanthe probably tops VV. Then I would guess Curly and her chainsaw. Tess and Mercy are unknown quantities because so far they seem to primarily be support, the mechanic and the healer respectively. Then again Curly is tops if you put her in the Matrix. And you shouldn't value combat prowess above all others. After all without Tess Xanthe wouldn't have her tricycle and if one of them gets hurt having Mercy on the spot is Priority 1. Not to mention that she's currently owed a favor by a dragon-god.

It's never as simple as "Who packs the biggest punch?"
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, but who trained the sisterhood members?

judging from those wide eyes in panel 4, i think i'm just as happy not to know exactly what nana did to them...
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpie wrote:

Well, supposedly there's a Grand Dark Mistress - though we only hear about her from word of Nique, who might have simply made her up to scare Seymour - and Xanthe appears to take orders from what is apparently a higher-up and a branch apparently known as Femme Command.

But it's not clear how much has changed about the Sisterhood since it's original conception and it's current iteration... The Sisterhood back then seemed to be nothing more than a team of little girls who liked to organize and plan unwilling make-overs against men that disrespect women for the fun of it, but now they prefer to call them out on their behavior and inform others but are respectful for the most part and do so because they want to improve the world. It's not clear if there is still a Femme Command within the now-rebooted Sisterhood, or if there is a Grand Dark Mistress... if there ever was one... And due to the lapse in time, it's not clear whether Xanthe doesn't seem to take orders anymore because of the reboot, or because she's been promoted between the first time we saw her in 2007 and the first time she showed up in 2011...

We know that Nana provides Xanthe with supplies and trains Li'l Violent Violet in martial arts. Tess is the mechanic that keeps everyone's rides in tip-top shape. Curly is the one who takes direct action in opposing devilcorp and the patriarchy in general. and Xanthe is the face of the Sisterhood.

My theory is we have Nana at the top - she's been in the organization the longest, and might have started it to begin with. Though perhaps a retired leader, she's still considered their superior. Still keeps in touch and up-to-date with the going-on, even though she no longer takes action the way she used to. Though either Curly or Xanthe could be the current leader, or perhaps co-leaders, I think I prefer to think of Curly as the leader since she's always taking the lead in group shots. Then Xanthe is the face - she's the one who sticks her neck out throughout it all, risking personal harm to spread information and support, is the one who will take the brunt in case of emergency - such as the Sisterhood's name being tarnished by D-man - in order to allow the others more time to get the job done and to get to safety and protect their identities. If the world is against the Sisterhood, Xanthe will willingly takes the blame to ensure the safety of the rest. Then we have Mercy as intelligence - she can monitor the city and keeps an eye out for the anything suspicious or threatening, and reports it to whoever would be most appropriate to take action if she cannot herself for whatever reason - she also doubles as medic in case of emergencies. Then there's Tess, the mechanic. Keeps everyone's rides in tip-top condition. Li'l Violent Violent is the brute force, and can act somewhat similar to a bouncer if needed. Then the other various, anonymous one-shot members that have not made any important roles are basically the lowest rung and take orders from the main girls.

I might have thought about this a bit more than I should.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpie wrote:

GIRL POWER
Twenty-Fifth Night

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESTROY DESTROY DEST-

What.

What the fuck are we doing here.

ERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERROR ALL SYSTEMS SHUT DOWN MAINTAIN POSITION STAYAWAY FROM THE GRANDMA WHATEVER YOU DO JUST DON'T MAKE HER ANGRY...

And that is why bats in Halloween displays don't fly anywhere.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
ah, but who trained the sisterhood members?
From her "Day in the Life" page I would presume Nana. In fact from the last panel in which IMHGO they all look younger, she may have raised them.

Oh, and here, have a rabies shot.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
I might have thought about this a bit more than I should.

Ronald would be proud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: