welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinfest : From the start to the nowadays

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you Pooch or Percy ?
Pooch
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Percy
64%
 64%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 37

Pandemonis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Sinfest : From the start to the nowadays Reply with quote

Hello everyone !

I have been lurking the forums for quite some time now, and I started to read Sinfest since April or June - I have a vague memory.

After I read the first pages, some of it bored me (Im not too much into poetry slam myself, so I didnt get hooked at first read), but the religious statements from Tat kept me reading, I wanted to reach 9/11 and see what he would do.

I found there some tremendous cynic/believer stories, and not all of them were involving Percy and Pooch. All the same, a curious point of view on religious and political matters (something Im much more interested in than poetry slam).

Now for (hopefully Smile ) a few lines of discussion...

For those who started to read it in 2000, did you have an idea it'd get so big and sarcastic in the future ?

How do you think Sinfest is connected to religion ? Just an atheist webcomic, why Sin-fest, isnt that terribly judeo-christian ?

What do you think Sinfest has that makes it better from a lot of other webcomics ? (Strong thinking behind it, cute drawnings, bally bally oh my golly, 'Nique, [insert clever idea here]...)

And ultimately, a poll (because we all love that) Pooch or Percy ?
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet one, i can barely remember 2000, let alone whether i was reading the strip then, or what i thought it would become. i probably didn't think much of what it would become, because i generally let those things work themselves out.

as to the name - i figure he calls it 'sinfest' because he does celebrate activities that many consider sins - like drugs, drinking, pimping, and consorting with the devil. but he is also interested in investigating what role these things have in our life, and possibly even such things whether such behaviors are, in fact, "sinful". i don't know what religion tat is, but clearly he thinks a lot about religion - but not within the structure of some church's dogma. he's asking the same sorts of things a lot of us do - what is up with this 'god' character? is he all there is out there? what does he think of us? what do we think of him? what do we expect from each other? as to why he is doing it primarily within the framework of judeo-christianity - well, that is the dominant religion in the u.s., and the one most of his readers (and presumably, he himself) are most familiar with. i mean, he could base it on zoroastrianism, but who would get the jokes? (besides sam)

and as to why i like it - what's not to like?
lynnism

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started reading it last year and got really hooked on it cuz i thought his story arcs were brilliant. each strip had so many levels of significance and required so much wit to put them together and make it funny.

i've always been one for sarcastic and cynical humour, that's what got me hooked in the first place. i went back fromt he start and read every single one of them to catch up.
lokis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Sinfest : From the start to the nowadays Reply with quote

I started reading this comic in early 2001 and i don't think i ever thought about this comic beyond the fact that it was funny as hell. i think that this comic is related to religion on a sartirical level.

nothing has been spared in this comic; god is a prat, the devil ineffectual, the dragon stoned, and the atheist a pathetic characture of the UBERMAN. the american way of life and all picked apart and people's actions held under a magnifying lens.

i never even bothered with the forums until last week. mind you, some of these comics i would download and tape on my philososphy prof's doors. usually depending on the subject as well. like i said, everything got hit.
Bananarchy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite simply enjoy this comic, and every once in a while he says something that strikes me as meaningful...so I save it, and life is good =)

On a personal level, I'm definitely more of a Pooch than a Percy. I'm a silly guy =p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: