welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yes, I know, Ponies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 218, 219, 220  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After quite a silence, PonyKart is officially ded. The source is available, but the assets included are only usable by the game's engine.

That's sad! Let's make up for it with some cuteness!

It's a Flash! Clicky!

Let's see, something else... hmm...
oh yes! SEASON FOUR STARTS THIS SATURDAY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hydro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't actually have Hub, so I can't officially count down with the rest in anticipation for Saturday. =(
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will definitely be unofficial livestreams during, and HD rips posted to Youtube after, the premiere. I think EQD usually posts a placeholder with the relevant information on Friday nights or early Saturday morning before a new episode.

I don't usually spam my fanart in here, but I'm actually happy to have this one done. Funny what quality you can get when you don't leave a project to the last minute.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alicorn Season, Episode One
Episode Synopsis

The Dastardly Villain of Season Four, Episode One, sought to cause a minor conflict! But no, OP Twilight Sparkle would not let that happen, because she is best pony and very magic.

Look at that alicorn horn. Does that horn look like it's going to let any trouble become a major conflict? Nah, mate, not going to happen. That is a horn of great skill and coordination. That is a horn that is not afraid of lemon juice.

But look further. Look at what is controlling that horn. That's a brain. But not just any brain, it's a super brain, capable of processing more information and tasks than a dozen standard brains, plus wireless internet connectivity. Seriously, just look at it. That brain is massive. Do you understand?

With that massive brain and powerful horn, she could pretty much effortlessly crush any enemy into dust and be done with it, regardless of how powerful or clever they might be. But is that what she does? Nah, she's too good for that. She wins over them over without violence. Any foe she is faced with is instantly enamored with her and is reformed by her magnificence.

You might be asking, does all this get to her OP head? Nah, mate. She never forgets her humble origins, and her underlings - erm, I mean, friends - love her for it.

Seriously. Hopefully now she'll get the attention she deserves and they'll stop wasting episodes on all those other ponies. How can it be the Mane Six when everypony in Ponyville-- nay, everypony in all of Equestria is her friend? It just doesn't add up. Clearly the focus should be entirely on her, especially now that her rightful status as absolutely perfect has been acknowledged.

To conclude this post, I shall quote what is sadly one of the only fanfictions to properly acknowledge all of these facts. The chapters are concise, bordering on narrative haiku, and they explore what the show would have been like if Twilight had assumed her rightful place at the very beginning, like she should have.

Quote:

My Little Pony, My Little Pony
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh...
I used to wonder what friendship could be
Until I realized it's all about me!
Beautiful eyes,
Clear as glass!
A wonderful voice,
Top of her class!
Boundless kindness,
It's an easy feat,
And Twilight makes it all complete!
You have my little ponies
Do you know I'm everyone's best friend~?

Have a nice episode, everypony.

EDIT: Dag nabbit, Wheels. That image you posted is stretching this page to all Tartarus all of a sudden.
It wasn't before, but now it is. What's up with that? That's so un-Twilight. Which is okay. Twilight is fully aware that not everyone can be as perfect as she is. Twilight forgives you, Wheels. It's okay.

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rant's Highly Insightful Running Commentary (spoiler-free as can be!) (tm):

_10:13hubtime_
Standard fare so far
a couple of groanworthy moments, but it's also had me giggling like an idiot

for better or for worse, nothing unanticipated has come up - it has everything I dreaded and everything I looked forward to.
but wait

OHO
They're doing THAT already

_10:28hubtime_
aw, <3 Dissy
but Yes, they ARE doing that already. THE THING. They are doing THE THING.

albeit a slightly different THE THING from the thing
maybe they aren't going to do that thing
_10:39hubtime_
whut.

well, I guess that's as reasonable as anything else would be

crushed at least one person's headcanon that I know of

poking around on the internet during commercials, it looks like it was spoiled in the TV listings, and maybe other places as well.
that's one reason I don't read those things

commercials for kid's toys, vacuum cleaners, and other cartoons! wooo~
also creepy_twilight_giggle.aac and some sort of adventure thing
huzzah for mute and things to do, boo for not just watching it later without commercials like I usually do

_10:55hubtime_
oh no
I am suddenly very afraid of what the fandom is going to do with this

that was an alright fight sequence though, I guess
_10:57hubtime_
HA! yes, good
wait

I'm kind of afraid of what the fandom is going to do with THIS, as well

_10:58hubtime_

ugghhhh

_10:59hubtime_
okay

_11:00hubtime_
WAIT

IT'S MORE THAN A TWO-PARTER???
WHOAA
or is that just the setup for the thing that they're throwing in to replace the friendship lessons -- collect the MacGuffins
Yeah, that's what it is.
Neh.

okay, so the story itself wasn't all that compelling, I mean, they could have at least... well... but still, that's--
Ooo, Pet Shop
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The commercials on cartoon-oriented channels are the bane of my existence.

I thought the pacing of this premiere was handled much better than the one for S2 with Discord, though perhaps not as well as the S2 finale. We finally got some more world-building and in-universe history for the royal sisters! Glad to have that cleared up and settled. CRUSH THE HEADCANON WITH CANONCANON!
According to Megan McCarthy way-back-when, these two episodes were what she originally planned to follow up Twilight's coronation as if it were a 3-parter. On the one hand it would have been nice to get the S3 finale split up, leaving Twilight's ascension for its own episode either as part of the S4 opening or as the real season finale and leave the cutie mark story as a full episode prelude. On the other hand, if S3 ended with Twilight vanishing in a puff of smoke and then 9 poniless months ensued, there'd probably be revolutionizing in Stockholm or something. If that didn't do it, debuting "Princess Twilight" on top of all the other stuff revealed in this premiere might have melted some heads like the Ark of the Covenant. And of course if she wasn't already promoted, then Equestria Girls would still be on the horizon today and thus we'd probably be dealing with a full-on cannibal apocalypse.

EQD has the rips posted, only low-quality so far but check back as the HD videos rendered and get uploaded.

Have a silly comic.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the premier! Will watch it in a few minutes!

I was able to watch the Equestria Girls film yesterday. It was surprisingly good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
We finally got some more world-building and in-universe history for the royal sisters! Glad to have that cleared up and settled. CRUSH THE HEADCANON WITH CANONCANON!

I meant the thing with the tree, since that was the only thing I went "whut" to, but yeah, fans have written their own versions of all that other history, too. I just don't really consider those stories to have been crushed. I see them as independent stories with a life of their own that happen to share similar characters and setting. Many of them are more compelling than the new canon - it helps that they weren't constrained to any of the limits (time, etc) that are placed on the show.

/still trying to sidestep ways of saying these things that would be too spoilerific

MUCH MORE SPOILERY:
My main complaint is that we saw the biggest threat to Equestria thus far get thwarted by a mere accident of timing, and we only found out about it after the fact. Which could have been interesting as a side note, but it was the main conflict of this story arc. The main antagonist was already beaten before the first episode even started. We don't know what he would have done had things gone differently, and we got to test some bonds, exposit some history, and play clean-up, all while exploring Twilight's new place in the world, but this is still kind of underwhelming. However.... it isn't quite over yet, now, is it?

Onward to one-off adventures, character stories, and general silliness with a side of collecting MacGuffins! Yah!

ON THE TOPIC OF MY FANDOM PROBLEM:
Personally, I think I'll abstain from watching the show until near the end of the season, or even after that, and then just binge on it all.
Bonus to this plan: spoiler avoidance should help curb my fanfic consumption in the meantime.
I've already kicked my habit of preposterous dA fave sprees and tumblr scroll-downs, I think(plus I've unwatched everyone but a small handful of people), and my obsessively downloaded fanart collection is locked away in an embarrassingly-large archived tarball or three. Or five. *counts* Okay, twelve.
Maybe I can actually make some progress on more personal projects now.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can't quit, Princess Twilight commands it!

You want to make Princess Twilight happy, don't you?

SPOILER:
Alicorns have seatbelts.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's episode: Put. The candle. Back.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of November the Brony Thank You Fund charity reached their goal of raising $50,000 to establish an animation scholarship at CalArts.

In a slightly less lofty but also artistic vein, EQD is going to run a week-long event to draw original art or color in line drawings. After each day's entries are received, a random draw and a voted entry (depending on the category) will be awarded with a 4-pack of the IDW micro comics!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am disappoint in this week's episode. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't really go the places I thought it was going to go. But if this is like a low-point of the season, I'll take it!
It had plenty of Twilight and Rainbow nerding out at each other, though!

Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I am disappoint in this week's episode. Sad

I agree, it was really weak.

okay yeah I watched it
I fell through on my plan okay
but I kind of regret watching it - it was so dull I almost didn't finish

I also read a longfic about a changeling and a pegasus, but that was actually pretty good

Other things that have disappointed me recently include last week's episode (maybe I don't really like this show?) and Sinfest.
also the Doctor Who fiftieth anniversary thing but I was never that big a fan of that series - ew, television

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 218, 219, 220  Next
Page 209 of 220

Jump to: