welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-01-05: Target 14
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerseRiddle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: 2014-01-05: Target 14 Reply with quote

well then... damn.

Last edited by TerseRiddle on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Geareye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeaah..... we kinda saw that coming, right? Oh, well... poor fight-bot... and I guess 2013 understood what was going on and wanted to offer her a last view of the world before the end. Such a noble way to go.

Inapropriate ,due to the feeeeels of the situation, question: Why two explosions? The fight-bot and Death's glider exploded at the same spot, right?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can stop seeing so much sympathy for that devil scientist now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

Likely

I really was hoping he'd see the light... oh well. He can burn with the rest of em.
Geareye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerseRiddle wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

Likely

I doubt that. Today's strip didn't change something in what we knew about Milton. We knew he considered the bots disposable, he created one with the specific purpose of destroying another. What we saw today is consistent with his character as established so far, hence those who liked him up to today, will continue doing so.

Unless they really liked fight-bot, wanted to see more of her and got mad that he blew her up, I guess ...
Rune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I suspected it'd go this way. Still a big sad to see it. Wonder what that'll do to Botsy. Maybe she'll try to track down who was behind fight-bot's orders and demise.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of like Milton, but he's garbage as far as I'm concerned.

More than anything, I'm disappointed in how little appearances she got before being untimely killed off, and how little she was explored as a potential character. I wouldn't really mind so much if we were given enough time to really care. Like, I'm a little sad. But not as much as I feel that I should be.

But we can always put on our denial pants and pretend that she's alive and well. What? Blown up? Of course not. She's at Seven Eleven getting an icee.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw he went the Predator route with the wrist countdown, I really hoped it was Predator 2 by the next panel with the arm being removed. I kinda still hope that happened and she's just 'armless now strung up in a tree for granny to get down... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I knew, but just...

Fuck, I dunno.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that 2013 went out doing something noble. A nice change.

Geareye wrote:
TerseRiddle wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

Likely

I doubt that. Today's strip didn't change something in what we knew about Milton. We knew he considered the bots disposable, he created one with the specific purpose of destroying another. What we saw today is consistent with his character as established so far, hence those who liked him up to today, will continue doing so.

Unless they really liked fight-bot, wanted to see more of her and got mad that he blew her up, I guess ...

I feel there was wiggle room before this arc for Milton to be someone who went along with convenient things mostly for the sake of getting to do tech, and being oblivious to the harm his actions might have down the road. This arc closed off many possibilities that gave Milton some charm.

Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, she'll be found covered in soot, her clothes burned, and her hair smoking, but otherwise perfectly fine. Old-school cartoons have taught me that explosions are always completely safe! Very Happy

I'm putting odds of this actually being the case at around 15%, give or take.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this entire strip is a call-back to last year's strip - wherein Weaponized Fembot is given the same role as Xanthe's trike - it could be possible that some of her parts would fall to the ground, much like Xanthe's trike. Rogue could find them and request that someone - most likely Tess, as not only would Rogue not approach Milton, but he'd likely refuse, and we don't know anyone else who is technologically-savvy like them - try to fix her.

Of course, it's very likely that the data containing her memories and who she was and could have become would be fried... but not only would it not hurt anyone to be optimistic about the idea of her circuits being okay enough for her to be rebuilt, but it'd be pretty interesting to deal with the moral complexities of trying to bring back someone who is already dead in such a manner. For instance Tess could rebuild Weaponized Fembot, but isn't really the same person that she had become, and... well, how that possibility effects Rogue Fembot is really up to you, I guess, but... man... I kind of think that'd be cool. Regardless of whether or not her data is or isn't salvageable.

Random Wanderer wrote:
Don't worry, she'll be found covered in soot, her clothes burned, and her hair smoking, but otherwise perfectly fine. Old-school cartoons have taught me that explosions are always completely safe! :D

I don't know, since she isn't of flesh and blood I'm not sure if the rules would still apply to her... but even if they did, wouldn't it sort of cheapen the emotional impact of her decision to run and ensure Rogue Fembot's safety, and this strip in general? I mean, I guess Tat's done it before, but...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
I guess 2013 understood what was going on and wanted to offer her a last view of the world before the end. Such a noble way to go.

I'm glad that 2013 got to choose his own exit; he may be forced to leave this Earth, but no bloody way will he do it on anyone's terms but his own. That's kind of awesome, and it's made more so by him making sure Weapon F didn't die ignobly, in vain or alone.

The three-panel sequence from :01 to :00 kind of makes my heart hurt a little.

Geareye wrote:
Why two explosions? The fight-bot and Death's glider exploded at the same spot, right?

Perhaps she exploded first but only damaged the glider, which flew for a bit before exploding itself.
Miscorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to the mask in the last panels?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess it came undone and flew away. You can sort of see it flying off in the panel between :01 and :00.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: