welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jan. 12: Oh wow.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wobster109

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moor wrote:
(This is kind of embarrassing, but I am terribly at reading emotions/guess people's trains of thought. Could someone explain what Rogue was thinking/feeling?)

I'd actually guess existential angst. I mean, there she was in the reality zone, and suddenly she's back, looking at her own eyes, and her own eyes are empty. And maybe she's feeling like nothing good comes from her existence. But it's hard to believe she'd feel that strongly for Battlebot, who choked her and tried to kill her and then exchanged one single sentence with her.
Teh Rei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for "We can rebuild her. We have the technology".

C'mon sisterhood, I know y'all got this. If you can hack into Devilcorp computers on a regular basis, you can rebuild a feminist Terminator.
BiQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, the suicide thing does seem odd given how little time they did know of each other.

On the other hand, Battlebot was the first time Freedombot met another who was actually the same as her. A robot made by others for those others' ends, who had had her free will given to her by a twist of fate. I'm not sure if she really had time to even think about this any earlier than after the explosion.

On the yet other hand, she is also witnessing the price Battlebot had to pay for taking the control of herself into her own hands. Does she doubt her own freedom, or ability to self actualize because of this? There is quite a bit room for existential angst for Freedombot here.

But at least there are people who care. I think Freedombot will ultimately be okay. ...I'm hoping for at least one strip where she joins Pebbles and Lil'E in their fight against Pockalips.
Miscorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're lonely and cannot find your place in the big world it's easy to feel really depressed I think. I assume she feels responsible for the death of another fembot, who wasn't even acting like that on her free will, but just because of the orders... Maybe she realized that she always will be chased and lonely?

Not a chance now, when evil duet found her:)
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BiQ wrote:

On the other hand, Battlebot was the first time Freedombot met another who was actually the same as her. A robot made by others for those others' ends, who had had her free will given to her by a twist of fate. I'm not sure if she really had time to even think about this any earlier than after the explosion.

On the yet other hand, she is also witnessing the price Battlebot had to pay for taking the control of herself into her own hands. Does she doubt her own freedom, or ability to self actualize because of this? There is quite a bit room for existential angst for Freedombot here.

But at least there are people who care. I think Freedombot will ultimately be okay. ...I'm hoping for at least one strip where she joins Pebbles and Lil'E in their fight against Pockalips.

this is kind of what i was thinking. she came to self-knowledge in a vacuum; her earlier activities were when she saw harm being done to those like herself. but with weaponbot, she saw another aspect of herself - something made to do other's will. she could have ended up a weapon as well.

i don't think her suicide attempt was really grief for weaponbot - it was more despair about her life - if what she is and does is set by someone else, if that someone else can destroy her out of nowhere...what is the point?

but i totally think she is going to be the third musketeer. cardinal devilieu, watch out!
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
Good Lord, Freedombot is gorgeous.

Yeah, that's her original purpose.

don't hit me I'm trying to relieve the mood
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the comic. I just don't like the preachy direction it's taken. It's nothing that hasn't been said by many other readers, but whatever. A lowered amount of awesome is still an awesome comic.

O: "Inverted controllllers!
I see E and Orange as total mallrat brats. All the cliches right down to the mall katana. Very Happy
jrdelirio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
BiQ wrote:

i don't think her suicide attempt was really grief for weaponbot - it was more despair about her life - if what she is and does is set by someone else, if that someone else can destroy her out of nowhere...what is the point?

Like was said a couple of posts above, in the reflection she saw the blank eye, meaning outside the RZ she had reverted to mechanical -- which creates the thought that outside the RZ there is always the latent possibility that control can be taken back.
Hydro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. So first time our fembot went to the reality zone, she awoke and had something of an identity awakening/crisis (4541). Her perception of herself and the world spiraled to rage... (4673)...complete outward rejection of what others want you to be (4701)...trying to find yourself (4782)...

Yeah. Depression. Right on the nose.

Still, in specific regards to this comic and our girl's return to the reality zone, her attempt here confuses me a little. It just seems more impulsive than thought out. With depression, the "rage" usually spirals down to a numbness before the self-harm stage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: