welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random News Stories of Note
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 822, 823, 824  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Some Texas charter schools are pushing Creationist pseudoscience at taxpayer expense.

dude, you are always so negative about this stuff. i mean, look:
Quote:
Apparently, that group's biology text argued that the Loch Ness Monster was real, therefore evolution was wrong.

the LOCK NESS MONSTER, dude! do your conventional neodarwiniast textbooks allow us to have a real live loch ness monster? i think not!
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Mindslicer wrote:
If you're looking for a large black man driving a blue or green truck, it's a reasonable mistake to intentionally ram a black truck and shoot at a skinny white guy driving it.

Quote:
A Torrance police officer made a “reasonable mistake” when he shot at a Redondo Beach surfer during the chaotic manhunt for rogue Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner last year and will not face criminal charges, the District Attorney’s Office said in a report released Tuesday.

Officer Brian McGee acted in “an atmosphere of fear and extreme anticipation” when he purposely rammed David Perdue’s pickup truck and fired at least three shots at him on Feb. 7, 2013, mistakenly believing Dorner was at the wheel. The bullets missed Perdue, who has filed a lawsuit against the city of Torrance.

“McGee’s belief that Dorner was driving the truck was reasonable,” prosecutors said in ruling the shooting was justified.

Rolling Eyes

that was also when police shot two small asian women in a white truck. thinking they were dorner.

In the article, it turns out these two officers claim they were panicked by the sound of gunfire, said gunfire being these other officers shooting at the two women you mention.

mouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think i've seen what the final call was on the whoever shot the women - as i recall, they really blasted the truck the two were in.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe to say that the entire Dorner affair was pretty mismanaged.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A councilman withdrew his attempt to repeal LGBT protection laws after a trans woman brings him a stone and dares him to stone her to death.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2014/01/17/trans-woman-dares-bible-quoting-councilman-stone-her-death

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKIP politician: David Cameron to blame for floods because he made gay marriage legal
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
A councilman withdrew his attempt to repeal LGBT protection laws after a trans woman brings him a stone and dares him to stone her to death.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2014/01/17/trans-woman-dares-bible-quoting-councilman-stone-her-death

She is awesome. I hope this tactic gains more popularity, and up through the levels of government. Bigots who hide behind their bible-bashing as an excuse to deny (or destroy) rights to other people need to have their bluff called.
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this go in the gun violence or feminism thread?

In response to an incident in which a female student was gang-raped in Delhi, India's state-run firearms manufacturer has produced a handgun intended for women to carry for self protection.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least it isn't pink.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Well, at least it isn't pink.

You can just go to Walmart and start the girls young, first give em a Nerf 'ReBelle' pink crossbow, then a pink airsoft pellet gun, then a pink bb rifle, then graduate them to a pink .22 rifle (which btw is called "the cricket"), or get pink shotgun, or pink compound bow, all while they're wearing pink-trimmed hunting camo, pink sports watch, and using pink holsters, pink rifle bags, pink sporting backpacks, pink shooting glasses and even pink ear plugs. Also, in case of trouble, you'll want her to have a pink Vitorianox swiss army knife as well as pink first aid kit and pink vehicle emergency kit.

I don't think you can get pink flares yet or solar blankets, but I could be wrong.

All of a sudden, it's like companies are scrambling to have a pink colored version of literately everything. My temporary tenure of working at Wal Mart again made this horribly clear. It also reminds me of why I don't buy 'pink 'for the cure'' shit. As Colbert said:

Quote:
Anybody who knows me knows I am a huge supporter of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation, which raises millions of dollars a year in the fight against breast cancer . . . So I’m giving a big Tip of my Hat to the Komen foundation for spending almost a million dollars a year in donor funds to sue these other groups. If they don’t own the phrase “for the Cure,” then people might donate money thinking it’s going to an organization dedicated to curing cancer, when instead it’s wasted on organizations dedicated to curing cancer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Him

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
UKIP politician: David Cameron to blame for floods because he made gay marriage legal

The Internet responds:
Best of Twitter reaction to UKIP councillor’s rant about gay marriage causing floods
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Him wrote:

The Internet responds:
Best of Twitter reaction to UKIP councillor’s rant about gay marriage causing floods

Hahaha this is the best.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APPARENTLY DOWNTOWN ABBEY IS CONSERVATIVE!

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/19/downton_abbeys_right_wing_worldview_benevolent_rich_people_caring_for_servants/

Because, as we all know, the aristocracy in WWI england was really a bastion of Liberalism. Nothing more liberal than stuffy aristocrat victorians.

/Seriously this is just silly.
//And I think this person is neglecting the fact that their old-set-in-their-ways-ness is generally shown to not be a good thing?
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh... I've only seen a couple episodes. I don't watch soap operas. Wink
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Huh... I've only seen a couple episodes. I don't watch soap operas. Wink

It is so not a soap opera! How dare you! I mean...I uhh don't watch that stuff either I mean jeez.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 767, 768, 769 ... 822, 823, 824  Next
Page 768 of 824

Jump to: