welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anime: the good, the bad, and the WTF!?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Baccano! is fan-fucking-tastic. Watch it, watch it now!

Have you read the novel translations? If you were a fan of the anime I would highly recommend it! There's even some that take place in the early 2000s, plus a whole bunch of backstory for the older immortals like Maiza in the books set in the 1700s.

Cool, I'll make a note of checking that out.

@Darq: It was nice that they mentioned it but I was bored to tears from watching them be useless. It picked itself up a little too slow.

Also the hero worship is kinda creepy.

Kyousougiga is freaking amazing y'all. I've just watched 2 episodes and I'm blown away by the animation, story and characters. I need to watch this in its entirety.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, Log Horizon wasn't "must see" until about episode 5 or 6

Also, just started World Conquest Zvezda Plot . . . someone called it "loli-hitler", although it's more "loli-stalin" but it's not sexy in any sort of way and super funny as fuck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thoroughly charmed by RWBY. There is only sixteen 7 minute episodes so far and no actual conclusion yet, but I'm officially hooked.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I've been thoroughly charmed by RWBY. There is only sixteen 7 minute episodes so far and no actual conclusion yet, but I'm officially hooked.

I've seen the trailers. I love the badass women and the fighting scenes are good, but I'm a bit worried if the rest is okay considering these kind of anime don't really have plots (maybe the creator should've made a fighting game?).
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd watched all of the RWBY episodes at one point but I haven't kept up on it lately.

From what I remember it consists mainly of really long arguments involving the characters awkwardly shouting at each other over minor disagreements punctuated by the very occasional action sequence, joke, or tiny piece of plot progression.

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i'm rewatching Gundam Wing, a show i haven't seen in almost fifteen years. the English voices and some of the stuff in the show have lots of nostalgic value for me, but there's a lot of other things that make no fucking sense to me, like pretty much anything Relena does.

and then there's how young the cast is. the oldest significant character is the nominal villain, Treize, and he's 24. and he's a master politician (and a crack shot, expert fencer, ace pilot, brilliant tactician, etc) in charge of both a secret society that plots to take over the world and an elite military branch. and it weirds me out that i am older than every significant character in the show.

but maybe that's just 'cuz at 24 Treize is taking over the world and i was just writing dumb philosophy papers.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I've seen the trailers. I love the badass women and the fighting scenes are good, but I'm a bit worried if the rest is okay considering these kind of anime don't really have plots (maybe the creator should've made a fighting game?).

I mean, considering the episodes are only 7 minutes long I feel like it has a reasonable amount of plot? Like, there are mini episode plots and then there is the overall plot of the season (which is unfinished because apparently the existing 16 episodes are only volume 1 of 2).

The plots are definitely very simple because obviously there isn't much time for more, but it all ties together pretty nicely in my opinion. I dunno, it's just cute, it's a totally different flavor than the epic thousand episode long animes. (is anime pluralized like that?...)

Heretical Rants wrote:
From what I remember it consists mainly of really long arguments involving the characters awkwardly shouting at each other over minor disagreements punctuated by the very occasional action sequence, joke, or tiny piece of plot progression.

Rolling Eyes
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I stopped watching about halfway through episode 12.

I guess I'll go catch up on the rest, then. Cheerio!

EDIT: nah I can't be arsed to watch any more of this thing
maybe when the whole thing's released in movie format
that's a thing that's going to happen, right?

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a shot after Kyousougiga.

Which is AMAZING.

Fuck I love Koto.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there's this series of comedic shorts, Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time, it's got some good laughs for what it is.

Also, has anyone else seen the trailer for the live action Silver Spoon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGwdjnCGf3A

Lastly, a second season of Free! has been confirmed: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/01/26-1/free-2nd-season-confirmed-at-official-event
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you like your ninjas dark, bloody, and of questionable morality? Well good news for you then, Ninja Scroll is getting an official sequel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJ-zRIT1Wk
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New seasons starts up soon: http://i1.minus.com/igcbxHFvbhPpC.jpg

Woohoo Haikyuu! Woohoo Sgt. Frog!

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Broken Blade !?!?!?

FUCK YEAH!!
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished watching Cyber City Oedo 808. It was decent. Sad they only made 3 episodes.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more Silver Spoon Crying or Very sad
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's over! Best show I've seen in the past few years. Top five all time. I don't wanna say perfect but, damn it's so close.

also, Satan loves you:

If anyone wants ot binge on it, I have a CR guest pass or two, inbox me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 31 of 36

Jump to: