welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 746, 747, 748 ... 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalmBlueSea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't lie, I enjoyed watching that whole game, and I can rarely sit through an entire game of any sport. There was no challenge there, just a few hours of catharsis.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who this mysterious 12th Man is, but he must be awesome at rugby because everyone on Facebook is acting like he singlehandedly won the game for the Seahawks. My feed went from meme gifs of that Manning fellow to people congratulating the 12th Man for being so awesome.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it amazes me how winning the super bowl seems to have made seahawks fans even more insecure
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to make this a serious football conversation? Because I will kick the blocks out from behind my crazy wheels and show you new heights of football-induced psychopathy. I didn't suffer through the last eight years of this football season and seven days and nights of Fancy Cup playoffs watching everyone I know become consumed by the brain slug that is professional oddball just to come here - here! - my place of respite, where I talk about things I like, just to have the brain slugs infest it, too. I will burn this place down! Burn it down! And then who will listen to me prattle on? The people on the bus? No, they just look away, like they can't hear the incessant nattering of rugby fans constantly ringing cacophonously in their ears. I know they can hear it! They're talking to the 12th Man, for God's sake! He's the one behind this! He's the one. I just have to kill the 12th Man... that's all I have to do... yes!
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now go take your Wonder Plate somewhere else!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is the championship trophy of football not called the Fancy Cup

i am writing a sternly worded letter to my congressman about this right now
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the Superbowl to be called Sportsballmas, and the day before to be called Sportsball Eve.

Would also like games to be called conventions and sports fan gear to be called cosplay.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you crazy Americans. (pretends not to notice the upcoming soccer tourneys here).

Okay I have a legit question that doesn't relate to my insecurities.

I'm looking for a poison ring, the kind that has a 'secret' compartment underneath the design or gem, like the example below.

I looked around on Etsy and pretty much all the rings that weren't very expensive and looked good didn't accept paypal. Anyone know a website that sells these things and accepts payment beyond credit card (and of course ships to anywhere in the world)?

No, I'm not going to poison anyone. Razz
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon has some for $30, try them.

This one is only about $13, and it has a lot of good reviews - http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Square-Simulated-Diamond-Royale/dp/B00746K7GU/ref=sr_1_1?s=jewelry&ie=UTF8&qid=1391441336&sr=1-1&keywords=poison+ring

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't realize Amazon doesn't take paypal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found some on Ebay, here's one. It's coming from Indonesia and they do accept paypal :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RPS014-925-Sterling-Silver-Balinese-Poison-Locket-Ring-With-Turquoise-Size-7-/141175749243?pt=AU_HandcraftedJewellery&hash=item20debafa7b

There's a A LOT of them I found that take PayPal (YAY!), but this is one of the few w/o a gem:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STERLING-SILVER-925-VINTAGE-ESTATE-DOLPHIN-POISON-PILL-BOX-RING-SIZE-7-RESALE-/321313404773?pt=Gemstone_Rings&hash=item4acfc57765

Ok, I was wrong, there's a bunch w/o gems, but this one has two gems, but I think it's one of the best designs, especially since it incorporates the hinge in very well with the rest of the design:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sz-8-Two-Zircons-Sterling-Silver-925-Balinese-Poison-Ring-Frog-Design-26662-/350987605615?pt=AU_HandcraftedJewellery&hash=item51b87dd66f
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for search Stripes. Very Happy

Ah thanks Darq! I will check it out and see if there's something awesome on ebay.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetically speaking, how arrested would someone get for pirating movies in North Dakota?

I'm asking for a friend.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only definition for 'pirating' that I accept in the phrase 'pirating movies' is "selling illicit copies" in which case the answer is "very arrested," and rightly so, in my opinion.

for other common use cases, which I don't like associating with that term, like file sharing, maybe a little bit arrested, if you get horrifically unlucky? really all I've heard about happening with that is some big company extorting you for an amount of money that's slightly less than the legal fees that you would need to challenge them, although whether they target you is only marginally related to whether you've actually done anything

and there's this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Alert_System which checks pieces of torrent files that you send against the pieces of popular infringing torrents, so, y'know, make sure you require encryption on peer connections if you're sending or receiving any packets that could get caught up in that for whatever reason

or if you're streaming movies somewhere, just remember that illicit streaming sites are the devil (and something that I actually consider to be 'pirating' on the part of the site/uploader -- ~1000 views = $1) and refuse to give them any ad revenue. If adblock is letting any of their ads through you are morally obligated to navigate away from the page.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's definitely no selling of stolen shit going on, that's for sure. Thanks for warning about streaming websites, I had no idea what they were up to. Who knows what happened to my adblocker, it seems to have disappeared, but I'll install another one just in case.

Out of curiosity, how would one go about requiring encryption on peer connections?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 746, 747, 748 ... 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 747 of 755

Jump to: