welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The post-postwhoring thead of DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 236, 237, 238  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the other hand, 'minded' can mean "watched over, tended", possibly even "herded" (i find minding children frequently requires herding them, myself). so it may be that these sheep are not themselves minded to be in the close, but are forced and retained there by a minder. perhaps they hate being in the close and having to listen to all that hymn-singing and sermonizing. perhaps they have embraced science as a rejection of religion.

i had no idea sheep could be so complicated. you must ask your correspondent to provide us with further enlightenment on the religious beliefs (or lack thereof) of sheep.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I cannot ask such questions of them, as we have lost contact with each other, and I would not recognize them were we to meet again.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! I just got distracted for like two minutes watching my own avatar.

)*&*))&*&*(*)(&)*&^*&^&(%*^&)(*

&_&
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clearly this means that it's time for me to kick myself out on an ADVENTURE
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how one can go for days, weeks, even months feeling fine because they aren't thinking about it, but then someone mentions Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and then all of a sudden you just find yourself in a terrible mood.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of terrible moods, in teh Real Life (tm), whenever someone praises my intelligence based on my accomplishments (scant as they are) or whatever I tend not to take it so well. I can't take a compliment, so usually I deny it. I may call myself an idiot.

I also try not to sing my own praises in that regard. I'm more prone to highlight my failures than my successes. I point out my own stupidity just as often as the stupidity of others.

but I still get people saying that I'm not as smart as I think I am -
people to whom I've personally described some of my more spectacular lapses in judgement to
hmm
so I'm forced to conclude that they think I'm less than an idiot, that that word alone does not suffice to describe my stupidity

thanks, world
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to observe myself from an outside perspective sometime. How does one go about doing that?

Could I borrow one of the Star Trek transporters and use it as a duplicator a couple of times and then observe my copies? What sort of regulations are there with regard to using a transporter in this way?
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try this...
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would do even less towards that goal than the mediocre method of simply recording myself and watching it later.

I don't want to have had the internal perspective.

anyways, that is a good novelty use of the latest video game visual bling, but I'll pass. I get motion sickness from playing first person video games even without the VR goggles.
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sold my 2nd generation iPod in no time flat on my local FB buy, swap, sell page. Was just sitting around collecting dust since I got my iPhone anyways. I didn't think anyone would want an earlier one without a camera, but I had it sold in like half an hour.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might actually get a tablet of some sort of my own.

but probably not

the last time I had one I didn't really use it all that much
even to test the apps I was writing for it

but it wasn't really mine

I might use it for more if I actually owned it, I think. Something which is impossible with iDevices, so I'd never buy one made by Apple. I had an iPad for a while, too. I used it for even less than the other one. But something else, yea, maybe.

for one thing, gps is nice

A computer for your pocket! Dooboabalkdlkj. But I wouldn't want one with a very big screen. It would have to fit comfortably in my pocket.

I probably wouldn't go for one with a phone built in, even though incorporating a phone is pretty cheap. Just a couple of added components. But I must decline! -- mostly because I hate the service providers.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but then the "jebus chrisp, a computer for my pocket? consumer whore aaaaaaa noooooooo do not buy" part of my brain kicks in

Thanks, brain!
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this ever happened to you?
You suddenly start getting confirmation emails and newsletters you never signed up for. But it's not spam. Somebody with an email addy similar to yours has just made a typo when signing up for these things, and now you're getting their mail. Not just one thing, either, but (thanks to auto-complete and automatic form filling) you start getting like five or six things they signed up for.

Well, I have run across the term for this. You see, what you're dealing with isn't an ordinary user. You've just encountered your derplganger.
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: And then I get password reset mails. Ha! Reply with quote

That is an excellent word! I apparently have several derplgangers.

They're not all older - some are college kids, some are middle aged, a few are retired. One lives in Miami and likes to frequent gay clubs. A conservative South Carolinian keeps signing up for political newsletters, and I think it's the same person I get AT&T phone service notifications for. Someone in Louisiana is looking for a restaurant job. Some misinformed college students have sent me their homework. Estate agents in Scotland sent me photos of homes for a while, but that seems to have tapered off. I get mail for some veterinarian in Johannesburg to go to continuing education conferences - a different organizer every time. Someone wants me on the mailing list of Oxfam Australia. For a while I was getting increasingly desperate mail from a London banker about when I'd get back to them about someone's mortgage in arrears - on a property in Nigeria. (Dude, what were you thinking?)

Being signed up for retail marketing isn't so bad - I can just unsubscribe, usually. The Lions Club in Calgary that wants me to help sort eyeglasses, though, seems to have a different person sending out the mail every time. Today, someone thinks I'd be interested in art galleries in Kensington, and some shop named Deb in Philadelphia wants to thank me with 10% off for signing up for their newsletter. Unsubscribe, unsubscribe.

Urgggh. I've been signed up for accounts that I then changed the password on if I couldn't delete the account completely. I'm tired of your derplganging, people.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my email address follows that pattern, but I have an unusual last name (anglicized czech), so I don't get that kind of stuff

at one point, however, I mistook myself for someone else, and sent myself an angry email about it Embarassed
okay, maybe not an angry email, but still
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Page 220 of 238

Jump to: